**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of those "crime scene" victims had a cheating husband who was in love with another woman, bought $2M life insurance months before her death, was abusive towards the victim leading up to the murder, and wanted out of the marriage ("I'm done")? I would bet virtually none.

There is no way I would know that. I dont know about the cases MBs spoke about.

But a lot of time there are suspicious things in a person's life at the time they were killed. That is why the first ones looked at are family members.

imo

.... And if he did buy gas by paying cash, how in the heck would he be able to figure out how much gas to buy to make things come out to approximately same gas mileage as he gets from Duffield to Burlington. MOO

After he added 7 gallons in King, not too hard to figure he needed 9 extra gallons to get the gas to match what was used from Hillsville to Raleigh and back,

Am I missing something:waitasec:

Ugh. I guess all convicted killers who had no injuries after the time of the murder should be set free immediately.

We do NOT know that the killer hit MY with his hands (that is speculation only).

I think an argument could be made (not saying I agree one way or another) that if you're holding a weapon in your hand and you strike a human skull over and over again causing the kind of damage made in this case the force of the blows could cause hand swelling.

I am so far behind with reading here--stopped yesterday when the jurors left and will try to get caught up tonight. I wanted to share something that caught my attention on tv last night. I was doing something else and only somewhat listening. I don't even know which program it was but it was a true crime documentary about a murder. One of the jurors in that case was being interviewed and she said there was some circumstantial evidence but a HUGE number of coincidences. That automatically caught my attention. She said they began their deliberations by making a list of all of those weird coincidences....and then explored each and how they were connected to the case. I sure hope our Young jury has noted the many coincidences and will do the same. That juror said they reached a guilty verdict on the small amount of circumstantial evidence by tying all of the many coincidences together.
Fingers crossed that come Monday morning this jury will begin in the same fashion.

The ME testified that the first blow could have come from a fist.

Otherwise, why do you think a NTO was ordered for Jason to begin with?

It states that they are looking for injuries he could have sustained.

It sure would have helped if they had done the NTO, say the nite he came back to Raleigh or the next day ! Instead they waited 5 days before they even examined him, and don't forget he did have a very black n blue toenail, and blisters on his feet (even that many days later). Michelle only scratched her own neck trying to get his fingers off her throat, and no dna under her nails, he must have worn gloves.
Wonder why he didn't testify this time around ? If he had told the truth the first time he shouldn't have had a thing to worry about, tell the truth again. But, we know now he lied in the first trial, so no way could he climb up on the stand in this one. That made him LQQK bad, IMO !

But, the same camera in the same stairwell in the same hotel was messed with before, so, it is not like it never happened.

Plus, Jason's prints were NOT on the camera!!

That's pure speculation. You have no idea what weapon was used - golf club, fire poker, whatever. She was surprised by her attacker while in her bed - stunned, overwhelmed, and hardly able to put up much of a fight (died right at the bedside), other then trying to protect her head with her hands. She had no chance - it was a one way fight - all him on her.

None of us know what type of weapon was used... So it could have been anything.. Something big or something small... Though I dont think it was anything big or long like a bat or fireplace poker... If he was beating her with it in that small space between the bed and closet there would be damage to the wall or dresser.. Just not enough room to be swinging something big or long...
Just because she may have been surprised attacked does not mean she did not fight back period....
If someone breaks into my home & attacks me they best kill me right away or knock me out with the first blow because you can bet I will fight to my death for my child and my unborn child....

But, the same camera in the same stairwell in the same hotel was messed with before, so, it is not like it never happened.

I don't think the man that turned the camera back down left prints either...

The PT did a good job demonstrating a simple jerk of a wire was all that was done to disable the camera.
Of course he left no prints.

Correct and who ever unplugged the camera did not have to touch the camera to unplug the cord from the side. MOO, IMO

Camera had been tampered with once before many years ago by some teenagers, it was not a common occurrence, in addition, Mr. Goad's prints were not found on the camera either and he was the one seen on video fixing the camera that morning, go figure. Absence of evidence . . .

None of us know what type of weapon was used... So it could have been anything.. Something big or something small... .

Well, not exactly. Her skull was fractured in 2 places.
ME the said is was likely a heavy item with a rounded edge.

The PT did a good job demonstrating a simple jerk of a wire was all that was done to disable the camera.
Of course he left no prints.

And that print on the water pipe or whatever it is was to the right of the camera and the plug on the camera was to the left correct? IMO

If Jason Young's defenders cling to the fingerprints! camera! line...well, you have to be smarter than that.

The state wants to say that Jason interfered with the camera 2x, once by unplugging it and once by pushing it up.

Did they ever say how Jason could hang in the air long enough to plug the camera back in?

Lol...you just made a verycompelling argument that I had not considered for Jason Young's guilt. Wore glove for better grip while wielding lifehammer tool. Thanks for that, reason #4,000,001 showing Jason Young as the brutal sociopath murderer.

Thanks.. LOL!! Just proved another one of my points about hand injuries... The LHT weighs 4.9 ounces with the bracket and is 6.75 inches in length. Very small..... If a grown man wraps his hand around that tool to beat someone as savagely as MY was there would be some marks.... I found a tool in the toolbox that size got hubby to wrap his hand around it like he was going to use it to hit someone & his hand was pretty much around the whole thing showing his hand would be messed up if he hit someone with it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dstewart