Viable suspect: Damien Echols

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you, Compassionate Reader, for sharing your thoughts. I am going to research this even further than I already have, but after reading the transcripts, other info, etc. I am leaning very heavily towards guilty. IMO, JM told the truth during the Bible confession. Then again, the lack of evidence connecting them to the case cannot be ignored. A lot to think about ...

Hi Scout,

I am a "fencie" in that, I don't believe the WM3 should have ever been convicted in the original trials, but I still won't commit to their absolute innocence. I feel that, if they all weren't involved, it's still quite possible that at least one to two could have. Be careful when reading these boards, from both sides -- people will try and sway your opinion with info that is false or that they know if false/half-true. Research yourself with callahans and jivepuppi -- these are the two best sites on the subject.

This is probably a stupid question, but what is this "Sllipknot" movie? I know Slipknot, the band -- did they make a movie on the WM3 case or something?

Does anyone recall any of the three involved in this case ever acting horrified that they were being accused of such a hideous crime? Was there ever any outrage displayed, or emotional protests of innocence?

Each time I watch the documentaries I'm still baffled by the complete lack of emotion from the defendants after the guilty verdicts were handed down in court. Were all three in a complete state of shock?

Something else I can't wrap my head around is why DE attempted suicide 4 days after being arrested, well before the trial began. Perhaps it was more of a "cry for help" situation as I can't fathom why an innocent person would do something like that.

Also, if a "friend" lied and said you were guilty of a hideous crime, and you were sent to prison for it, would you not despise that person, and never have anything to do with them again? Wouldn't you protest your wrongful conviction with every breath, instead of sitting in the courtroom with a smirk on your face? JMO

I wouldn't despise them if I knew my friend had mental/emotional issues and had been interrogated intensely and forced into a false confession because of his mental deficits.

Hi Scout,

I am a "fencie" in that, I don't believe the WM3 should have ever been convicted in the original trials, but I still won't commit to their absolute innocence. I feel that, if they all weren't involved, it's still quite possible that at least one to two could have. Be careful when reading these boards, from both sides -- people will try and sway your opinion with info that is false or that they know if false/half-true. Research yourself with callahans and jivepuppi -- these are the two best sites on the subject.

This is probably a stupid question, but what is this "Sllipknot" movie? I know Slipknot, the band -- did they make a movie on the WM3 case or something?

Thank you for your post, and also thank you for catching an error there - will need to edit my post! The movie was "Devil's Knot" - sorry!:blushing:

Each time I watch the documentaries I'm still baffled by the complete lack of emotion from the defendants after the guilty verdicts were handed down in court. Were all three in a complete state of shock?

Something else I can't wrap my head around is why DE attempted suicide 4 days after being arrested, well before the trial began. Perhaps it was more of a "cry for help" situation as I can't fathom why an innocent person would do something like that.

Yes ... good points.

Thank you for your post, and also thank you for catching an error there - will need to edit my post! The movie was "Devil's Knot" - sorry!:blushing:

Well, I have learned two things today. At least I think I have ... is there a specific amount of time open to edit a post, and then it is too late to do so?

Also, it doesn't appear to be possible to delete a post either. Is that correct? Thank you.

The West Memphis 3’s Damien Echols weighs in on Making A Murderer

"Damien Echols is in a unique position to comment on Netflix’s controversial documentary Making A Murderer, having also spent 18 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit. As one of the West Memphis Three, Echols was convicted based on a coerced confession and his general demeanor rather than any real evidence. In this essay published exclusively in The A.V. Club, he offers his thoughts on the crime—and wrongful convictions. Echols is the author of two books, Life After Death and Yours For Eternity. He can be found on Twitter and Instagram." More at link:

http://www.avclub.com/article/west-memphis-3s-damien-echols-weighs-making-murder-230505

Interesting piece. However, I believe Echols is guilty.

From Memphis tonight....

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...evelopments-in-west-memphis-three-murder-case

Apparently two of Damien Echols' abandoned storage lockers have been discovered in Bull Shoals, Arkansas. I have no idea whether this will be significant to the case in any way, but I thought those who followed it might be interested.

After reading that story teaser, I can't imagine the news team sitting on anything super substantive, or they would have "scooped/exclusived" the story already, imo.

But we'll all just have to wait in the nightly news to find for sure! [emoji854]

[emoji202]MOO

If there was something significant found related to the case, I'm sure it would have been reported to police and not given to the media to report on it right away.

Also, based on Damien's character, it is likely he kept notes and documents on his case.

After reading that story teaser, I can't imagine the news team sitting on anything super substantive, or they would have "scooped/exclusived" the story already, imo.

But we'll all just have to wait in the nightly news to find for sure! [emoji854]

[emoji202]MOO

I completely agree - I never saw the story about the initial locker being found a couple of weeks ago. Could be someone thinking they've hit the jackpot a' la Storage Wars, but who knows????

I am finding it hard to believe Damien or Lori let the lease on this locker go by accident. I won't be surprised to find this person "won" the locker or bought it at auction, and not because it was lost. So far it seems to be full of fan memorabilia more than anything else...

INTERESTING

The story link posted above no longer loads. "404 page not found"

[emoji202]MOO

^ She let them go on accident. The report clearly stated they want the items back.

I remember when the first locker was found, nothing really turned up. The intriguing thing about this one is that there were more court documents found -- those could be very valuable as far as uncovering new information about this case. The first locker just had his writings and books he owned (i.e. nothing substantial).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat
Back