Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Taylor lived in the trailer and ran power from the house to his home, said the owner of the 19-acre plot, Margaret Turner, who is the grandmother of Taylor’s teenage son."

This is from the article too: “What in the world is happening, I don’t know,” she said. “[His son] is crazy about his dad and his daddy loves him, I know that.”

So, we could have two possible people that could have picked him up from Charlottesville, VA or drove the car there and might would cover for him because he is family.

Can we just give him a lie detector test, do they even use those anymore?

"Taylor lived in the trailer and ran power from the house to his home, said the owner of the 19-acre plot, Margaret Turner, who is the grandmother of Taylor’s teenage son."

that one little sentence is CHOCK FULL OF NUTS

So, there is a teenage son...this can't be the one from the Hook article...as he was said to be 8 yo last year. Now we have another surname, Turner. Yet the name on Spokeo was a man SD**gs. So, wonder if multiple people live there...her name didn't come up on address/people searches.

Now, I see how his address was listed as Lovingston back in 2003.

Is the James River anywhere near Nelson County, Virginia?

The reason I'm asking this is that over the years there has been females that went missing along the James River area from the Tidewater region to the Roanoke region.

I don't know if there are any connection with the missing females over the years along the James River and U.S. Route 29, but it should be looked into.

Yes, it is close by relatively speaking. It runs east of lovingston down to Lynchburg

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 12m
Active ground search is on in Nelson to find #AlexisMurphy, fed agents return to suspect Randy Taylor's home http://ht.ly/nVwdZ

They must have overwhelming evidence or reason to believe she's around his home... they are spending an awful lot of time on his property.

Still searching his home premises...

It seems they really think there are clues there...

As opposed to further away areas...

I wonder why they are focusing there.. And not other places, as well (that we know of) ...

I imagine part of this has to do with what locals describe as being a heavily wooded/vegetated area which could take a great deal of time and effort to search thoroughly....

:waitasec:

How did they get the warrant?

What conditions could provide LE with the ability to go before a judge and have a warrant granted for search?? Abduction by force is the charge... I'm thinking he forcibly abducted her outside of the store and they found some sort of physical/camera evidence of this.

Warrant granted b/c he was on video in UB and most likely at gas station (even if news isn't saying it anymore), witnesses at gas station, and suspect in the SC missing case.

This was probably the best article I've read. Hearing about his relationship with his son and how the son left school early.....such a waste, poor kid.

The reason I'm asking this is that over the years there has been females that went missing along the James River area from the Tidewater region to the Roanoke region.

I don't know if there are any connection with the missing females over the years along the James River and U.S. Route 29, but it should be looked into.

Yes, it is close by relatively speaking. It is maybe 15 miles for Lovingston to the river at the closest point and most direct route down hwy 56 going SE.

Nelson County sheriff’s Investigator Billy Mays confirmed to the Lynchburg News & Advance on Tuesday that Murphy and Taylor were both seen at the Liberty gas station on U.S. 29 in Lovingston at about 7 p.m. Aug. 3, but they did not appear to have been together.

I like playing with maps so I thought I would check. And yes it runs by about 13 miles from Lovingston (home of RAT)

Attachments

• jr.JPG
    jr.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 18
Re: RAT"S appearance in court
His calmness might actually indicate a dissociative disorder. Or,he may have a sense of calm after he fulfills his needs. RAT may have two very distinct personalities or even more. He may actually believe he is not involved. There are documented cases of people who have dissociative episodes and remember absolutely nothing of the time lapses. But they do know there is a lapse. The episode can be triggered by certain images, words, occurrences.

BUT, it may also just be his ability to morph his personality to fit his circumstances I suspect that is the case here. Typical con artist.

It may also be simple fatalism. It's a look career petty criminals and losers often fall into and he's had the kind of life that would lead to that sort of attitude.

Lots of info in that article, if it is accurate. I wondered if the home belonged to family. Interesting that his son was supposedly with him that Monday. If he was I certainly hope he hasn't got him tangled up in this.

On Monday, what should have been the first day of Alexis Murphy’s senior year at Nelson high, Taylor’s son stepped foot in the school for the first time as a freshman, Turner said.

Wow, who is he staying with now. Sounds like he was staying with RAT until the arrest and on the day the car may have been left at the theater. Wonder when the son arrived, there.

Oh dear. Alexis went there everyday for snacks and perp was always people watching. You guys are right, he had her in his sights for a while. :(

It also says FBI could not confirm perp is on gas station tape. I take that as a yes, he is, but I am not allowed to say it. Someone else already said it.

So, I'm wondering if they have him on tape with her in the car before he did whatever a day or so later. Either at the theatre parking lot or somewhere near. Just wondering, nothing to back that thought up with.

I suspect this is why they pulled him off the streets. They have some reason they pulled him off the streets. Now, part of reason they're keeping their cards close to the vest, it could be that they firmly believe he had accomplices.

I am also very confused. They list his address as 10506 Thomas Nelson Highway, but that is not the area they are searching (unless the map is showing it wrong). They area they are searching is off Country Lane, which is directly across from Cannery Loop. That was why I was confused when I saw the map that was created and didn't see that location pointed out on the map. Are they searching two locations or is the address of his house wrong? Ugh, I just don't know anymore.

If you're using Googlemaps, it's only giving you an approximation of where it thinks that address is. The map Nursebeeme points to in the first post of the thread shows the right location.

This was probably the best article I've read. Hearing about his relationship with his son and how the son left school early.....such a waste, poor kid.

It is isn't it? But does this confirm that his son when to the same school as Alexis?

On Monday, what should have been the first day of Alexis Murphy’s senior year at Nelson high, Taylor’s son stepped foot in the school for the first time as a freshman, Turner said.
“They were all praying for Alexis and he tried, but he broke down and started crying,” she said. He went home early.

Here is that burgundy car in the back right corner of the pic. Does anyone have a pic of the burgundy car that was in the news photo at the residence to compare? Could this be the Grandmothers car and he borrowed it? I wonder...

547462_10151607994133753_763467759_n.jpg

Wow, who is he staying with now. Sounds like he was staying with RAT until the arrest and on the day the car may have been left at the theater. Wonder when the son arrived, there.

I'm guessing he went back to his mom's after RAT was arrested. But that's just a guess.

@Frau I wanna say I remember the car in the news photo was a Taurus. But I don't recall that 110%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic