Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Frau I wanna say I remember the car in the news photo was a Taurus. But I don't recall that 110%.

Yes, I'm not sure about make and model but I want to say it was a sedan and not a station wagon. The one in the surveillance photo looks like a station wagon.

New article that may clear some things up about his living arrangements and other details.
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_55d4637c-048a-11e3-8856-0019bb30f31a.html

this really is a great article... thank you!

that one little sentence is CHOCK FULL OF NUTS

So, there is a teenage son...this can't be the one from the Hook article...as he was said to be 8 yo last year. Now we have another surname, Turner. Yet the name on Spokeo was a man SD**gs. So, wonder if multiple people live there...her name didn't come up on address/people searches.

Now, I see how his address was listed as Lovingston back in 2003.

son starting freshman year would put him at 12 or 13 most likely..

Warrant granted b/c he was on video in UB and most likely at gas station (even if news isn't saying it anymore), witnesses at gas station, and suspect in the SC missing case.

maybe, but I think it would have to have much more concrete then that given previous issues with legalities.... imo but then again...

Nelson County sheriff’s Investigator Billy Mays confirmed to the Lynchburg News & Advance on Tuesday that Murphy and Taylor were both seen at the Liberty gas station on U.S. 29 in Lovingston at about 7 p.m. Aug. 3, but they did not appear to have been together.

yeah, meaning they werent there having a laugh over a cup of jo.... because he was probably watching her... not that they werent seen together on the tape.. together being at the same time, versus together as in there with each other.. imo its in his wording because hes not wanting to say for whatever reasons... which is understandable...

I suspect this is why they pulled him off the streets. They have some reason they pulled him off the streets. Now, part of reason they're keeping their cards close to the vest, it could be that they firmly believe he had accomplices.

agreed

On Monday, what should have been the first day of Alexis Murphy’s senior year at Nelson high, Taylor’s son stepped foot in the school for the first time as a freshman, Turner said.

Wow, who is he staying with now. Sounds like he was staying with RAT until the arrest and on the day the car may have been left at the theater. Wonder when the son arrived, there.
if they have shared custody or even just visitation... he may have just been with him for a few hours on monday the 5th sometime... it seems to me he lives with mom and gramma, and visits dad occasionally.. but here is another point... mom and gramma live in roseland... which is off route 151... again I keep getting pulled back over there... I brought this up in posts yesterday... I really think 56 west toward crabtree falls needs to be looked at here... especially now knowing he has family in roseland/piney river area... and it also makes me think about the jean braxton drowning again.... from last year that was fletchers level which connects 29 to 151 in clifford...

just wanted to add.... I am multi-tasking in a major way right now with a bunch of other things... everything I am typing is being typed quick, so if it comes across as brusk or as anything other then friendly, I promise it is not meant that way... it is hurried only!! I am only throwing out ideas as I get them... I absolutely respect every single idea put out by every single one of you!!! I sometimes re-read what I write and its sounds like it comes off a certain way other then how I felt when I typed it.... every thing I type is typed with friendly opinion and input and a smile, I promise!!!! :)

Trina Murphy said she found it “difficult to love him [Taylor], but God says to do so.”

That breaks my heart.

EDIT: Lots of good information in that article.

I am so confused now. I do not like conflicting MSM stories, and, they happen in every case.

First he is on the gas station film, now he is not?

First he lives in a house, now he lives in the camper?

So, now we have to wait and sift through whatever news we receive. I think he is on the gas station film, why say he was seen following her as she left?

Living places. Didn't LE search a house and take the camper? It makes sense that he may have lived in the camper if unemployed or barely working, but didn't LE search a house too? Of course, the reports may mean he has lived in the camper at some point in time, not current time. So confused.

Arghhhhhh......

Happy to see that dogs are searching a HOUSE! (Unless that house just so happens to be a camper. :sigh: I don't think it is though, as LE has the camper, the house can't be impounded.)

The puzzling reports of the CCvids taken from Liberty has me scratching my head, too...

THE FOLLOWING IS PURE SPECULATION...

Could AM and RAT have been seen on the video... But having no contact with each other... (Like he was standing to the side somewhere... And she had her back to him at the pump, etc)

And the man she was supposedly interacting with at the pump is ANOTHER man?

Perhaps this other man is part of RAT's set up?

Just trying to make sense of this...

It is isn't it? But does this confirm that his son when to the same school as Alexis?

just fyi if he lived in nelson and it was his first day of high school then yes, because nelson only has one high school... believe me, it makes for some long bus rides for the kids who live on the other end of the county!

if they have shared custody or even just visitation... he may have just been with him for a few hours on monday the 5th sometime... it seems to me he lives with mom and gramma, and visits dad occasionally.. but here is another point... mom and gramma live in roseland... which is off route 151... again I keep getting pulled back over there... I brought this up in posts yesterday... I really think 56 west toward crabtree falls needs to be looked at here... especially now knowing he has family in roseland/piney river area... and it also makes me think about the jean braxton drowning again.... from last year that was fletchers level which connects 29 to 151 in clifford...

Do you have pointers for the Jean Braxton drowning? If not I can google. Is Roseland the name of a town?

It sounds like he stepped foot through the doors of nelson HS for the first time on Monday.

Right, I had my Mondays mixed up. The article says he was with his dad all day on the Monday (Aug 5) after she disappeared. The first day of school was this past Monday (Aug 12) - the day after RAT was arrested. So my guess is his son is either living with family member (mother or grandmother?) or friends in the area or at least within the school district.

Nevermind...I see Roseland is in Nelson Co so that answers that for me.

Still searching his home premises...

It seems they really think there are clues there...

As opposed to further away areas...

I wonder why they are focusing there.. And not other places, as well (that we know of) ...

I imagine part of this has to do with what locals describe as being a heavily wooded/vegetated area which could take a great deal of time and effort to search thoroughly....

:waitasec:

I hope they really are searching it thoroughly. So important! :please:

HSo are we thinking the son could be involved in this as the accomplice, not some brother?

IMO the son would probably be more tech savvy than his father. The father looks like he is not a modern male.

Here is that burgundy car in the back right corner of the pic. Does anyone have a pic of the burgundy car that was in the news photo at the residence to compare? Could this be the Grandmothers car and he borrowed it? I wonder...

547462_10151607994133753_763467759_n.jpg

I have the picture posted it before but it is gone. now, I can't get the attachment files to link.

Just go to google street views for that adress play with the directions and you will see the maroon/burge
burgandy sedan...it is the same color!

The craigslist ad was for Bliss Entertainment, which is different from the Ultimate Bliss shop. I've been to that shop....it isn't THAT shady of a place and there is no space that I recall that could be a private room to have a "glory hole." College students go there because it is funny, ladies go there before bachelorette parties....and creeps go there too.

Ditto on Ultimate Bliss. I've gone there with girlfriends before. It doesn't have the yuck factor that some places like this have.

I live in Albemarle county (about a mile or so from where MH was found) and have been to the Food Lion in Nelson County (the only stoplight in the county!) countless times. This is so sad... I would not be at all surprised if he is also responsible for the disappearance of SC.

I have the picture posted it before but it is gone. now, I can't get the attachment files to link.

Just go to google street views for that adress play with the directions and you will see the maroon/burge
burgandy sedan...it is the same color!

You mean the car in the background? Is not a sedan. It's a wagon/crossover/hatchback kind of tail. You can clearly see a side window going all the way to the back of the car, and the back window directly above the license plate. If the other car is a sedan, it can't possibly be the same vehicle.

that one little sentence is CHOCK FULL OF NUTS

So, there is a teenage son...this can't be the one from the Hook article...as he was said to be 8 yo last year. Now we have another surname, Turner. Yet the name on Spokeo was a man SD**gs. So, wonder if multiple people live there...her name didn't come up on address/people searches.

Now, I see how his address was listed as Lovingston back in 2003.

I went to http://www.nelsoncountygis.org/ to pull up the GIS information on the Lot. Margaret E. Turner is listed as a co-owner of the property with SD**gs. Not sure who he is but the owner address is in Roseland. Nelson Co public records aren't online it appears and GIS doesn't seem to list the sales history of the lot.

I'm going to try and attach a screenshot of the lot. 19 acres and all the lots around it appear to be wooded, undeveloped areas. RAT wouldn't have had to go far to put her someplace she might never be found. :(

View attachment 36539

Attachments

• cannery loop.JPG
    cannery loop.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 16
No, it is not the same car. The google image date was June 2011, so if sources are correct he was not living there then.

Here is the image from Google street view.

Picture1_zps1c2bd93c.png

Do you have pointers for the Jean Braxton drowning? If not I can google. Is Roseland the name of a town?

yes, roseland is in Nelson... roseland, piney river, clifford, all kinda the same general area along route 151... on the other side of mountain (brents), roseland also considered beech grove... my personal area of focus is the area in roseland & piney river around route 56 .... 56 runs through shipman... across 29, through to 151, and then goes up to the blue ridge parkway by means of Crabtree Falls... as in waterfalls... also in this area is clifford... at clifford, is where fletchers level exits on to 151... fletchers level also connects 29 to 151... as do many other little roads... but last year there was a drowning in a pond that just seemed wrong to me... on fletchers level... LE exlpaination was that Braxon age 69 whose car was found disabled with a white bag hanging out of the window had some how not seen the pond in the dark and fallen in... well first of all, she had a paper route on that road, so she had to have known about the pond... second, I dont care how dark it is, you can see a pond... even on a moonless night, you can see a pond that big... so I just never bought it... and knowing now that RAT was here, I wonder now if this was maybe a practice run with an easy target... some links were posted yesterday when I first posted... I will have to go back and find them again.. hold on

I'm going to try and attach a screenshot of the lot. 19 acres and all the lots around it appear to be wooded, undeveloped areas. RAT wouldn't have had to go far to put her someplace she might never be found. :(

I've been thinking that all along just knowing what the terrain is like there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renasalazar