Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems people get confused between national parks and national forests. National parks attract people and are used pretty much for that purpose. National forests are vast land preserves owned by the government, but not usually conducive to tourism.

Anyway, here is an article that might help to explain why national forests can be very crime-friendly.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/ken...daniel-boone-national-forest/story?id=8935635

Thank you...

Actually... I do recognize the differences between National Parks and National Forests... Being an avid camper... And having utilized both ...

And I do wholly agree with you that National Forests can be more crime-friendly than National Parks...

JMO

McDonald's/Liberty are housed in the same building. You can go into the gas/convenience store to pay and walk through into McDonald's and order. McDonald's also has a drive-thru.

She could have gotten take out through the drive-thru or inside when she went to pay for gas.

In the article the co-worker is stated as having said she went through the drive through and "seemed ok" but of course they don't say when.

I wonder at what point LE will admit to the family that this is most likely a recovery effort. IMO, LE clearly believed he killed Samantha and hoped he would lead them to her body. Same with Alexis, during the week before they arrested him. I just feel so bad for the family, if they are being given false hope based on nothing more than the fact that she has not been found deceased, to say they are intent on rescuing her. JMO

What if because they suspected him in Samantha's case, and saw an instant link to him in Alexis's case, they jumped on RAT immediately, hoping to put him in an position to not only find out what happened to Alexis, but to Samantha as well. They had a shot at him for Samantha and they blew it with their lack of procedure. I think they still think he's good for Samantha, and they are using Alexis's disappearance as a vehicle to get some leverage about Samantha? JMO

FWIW, given how he was living I doubt he was renting a storage unit. However, it came up in discussion yesterday and I thought I would post this link to remains found in a storgae unit in W. VA yesterday

http://www.wsls.com/story/23155271/wva-ala-officials-investigating-human-remains
W.Va., Ala. officials investigating human remains

This is craaazy! We were juuuust talking about this yesterday!
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9764433#post9764433"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9764433#post9764433[/ame]

I was just about to log off for a long time (reasons not disclosed, but refers to snark and naysayer attitudes in other threads). This only renews my resolve and confidence not to listen to naysayers and keep following my own instincts in the pursuit of justice. Thank you posting this. Alexis (and others) are obviously not going to make it that easy for me to give up. JMO, IMO.

It seems people get confused between national parks and national forests. National parks attract people and are used pretty much for that purpose. National forests are vast land preserves owned by the government, but not usually conducive to tourism.

Anyway, here is an article that might help to explain why national forests can be very crime-friendly.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/ken...daniel-boone-national-forest/story?id=8935635

<Everyone needs to quit worrying about marijuana crops and worry more about violent crimes, jmo.>

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9764433#post9764433

I was just about to log off for a long time (reasons not disclosed, but refers to snark and naysayer attitudes in other threads). This only renews my resolve and confidence not to listen to naysayers and keep following my own instincts in the pursuit for justice. Thank you posting this. Alexis (and others) are obviously not going to make it that easy for me to give up. JMO, IMO.

Out here in So Cal they arrested a guy after police found a body in his storage unit. It's not unheard of for people to rent storage units to hid evidence of crimes. That gives them time to figure out what to do about it or it at least gets the evidence out of their space. I think the remains I'm taking about were of a man who had disappeared 5 years earlier.

Link to the remains in storage locker in W. VA.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201308180006

Link to the story I'm talking about in this post.

http://newssnip.com/body-found-in-storage-unit-freezer/

<Everyone needs to quit worrying about marijuana crops and worry more about violent crimes, jmo.>

Laugh. The intention of this link wasn't a statement about the crop growing, rather showing the extent to which activities can be concealed in the national forests. RATs know that.

Laugh. The intention of this link wasn't a statement about the crop growing, rather showing the extent to which activities can be concealed in the national forests. RATs know that.

I know. :biggrin:

So, as far as RAT's history with guns, it would not surprise me if this plays into things somehow, somewhere.

I can not help but wonder if any bullet casings, guns have been recovered, and what ballistics might possibly uncover as related to any other cases, if any. JMO, IMO.

Who was looking for trouble?

Alexis was hungry for a burger and was going to get gasoline.

RAT was supposedly horny considering he had just bought some *advertiser censored* videos hours before. It wouldn't mean much, but it just so happens he was the last one to see Alexis, IMO.

I'm new...
But how would I go about seeing her askdotfm account?

I'm guessing we can't post the link because its not posting it correctly. I'm new to posting here as well so not sure. I thought we were able to share social media links as long as we knew they were 100% belonging to the person.

I'm guessing we can't post the link because it not posting it correctly. I'm new to posting here as well so not sure. I thought we where able to share social media links as long as we need 100% they belong to the person.

We are with things like Facebook and Twitter, but the mods blocked the ask site from being discussed here (even in the case of victims) because it gave too much access to other minors.

I'm guessing we can't post the link because it not posting it correctly. I'm new to posting here as well so not sure. I thought we where able to share social media links as long as we need 100% they belong to the person.

Because askfm is a question/answer site, and it was talked about extensively in Hannah Anderson's case, it's been taken off the table as a SM option. FWIK.

Who was looking for trouble?

Alexis was hungry for a burger and was going to get gasoline.

RAT was supposedly horny considering he had just bought some *advertiser censored* videos hours before. It wouldn't mean much, but it just so happens he was the last one to see Alexis, IMO.
To me this is simple. Generally...not always..the last person seen with a missing person is the one who harmed them.
imoo

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9764433#post9764433

I was just about to log off for a long time (reasons not disclosed, but refers to snark and naysayer attitudes in other threads). This only renews my resolve and confidence not to listen to naysayers and keep following my own instincts in the pursuit of justice. Thank you posting this. Alexis (and others) are obviously not going to make it that easy for me to give up. JMO, IMO.

Just know that outsiders, who are not from Nelson County, will say anything because they don't know the community, they don't know the family. This is a God-fearing, church-going family that this happened to. I wouldn't stop praying for Alexis and talking about it, just because there are people out there cold enough to say that this child brought kidnapping and God knows what else on herself, if that's what has you discouraged, that is.

Attention Please

If your post is recently missing then this post is for you. Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Alexis is a victim. Her family and friends are victims and quite possibly could be reading here. Any snark towards any of them will not be tolerated.

At first I was really optimistic she was still alive but as the days drag on and the suspect stays silent its now apparent to me she probably didn't make it :(

Just know that outsiders, who are not from Nelson County, will say anything because they don't know the community, they don't know the family. This is a God-fearing, church-going family that this happened to. I wouldn't stop praying for Alexis and talking about it, just because there are people out there cold enough to say that this child brought kidnapping and God knows what else on herself, if that's what has you discouraged, that is.

Not to be snarky, but there are obviously also a lot of "outsiders" who care a lot. We know that terrible things happen to all kinds of people and we want justice for them, no matter what kind of family they come from or what part of society they belong to. In any case, IMOO saying that someone's activities may have put her at risk for being a crime victim (which afaik, jmoo, i have not seen regarding alexis) is a far cry from saying she brought anything on herself.

JMOO.

Attention Please

If your post is recently missing then this post is for you. Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Alexis is a victim. Her family and friends are victims and quite possibly could be reading here. Any snark towards any of them will not be tolerated.

To Coldpizza and my fellow posters:
If I responded to the post in question (yes I do realize we are not to discuss what has been removed, but I would like to clarify) I would like to apologize if my response was viewed as inappropriate.

As a proud fellow "southerner" (transplanted) and somewhat "local" I was only agreeing with the poster in that the version told by RAT leaves a lot of room for speculation.

I would never say anything hurtful towards family, friends, or anyone, for that matter. Thank you for letting me share this. I know that in many times of stress on these boards, and I've been around quite a while, a bit of levity is sometimes helpful, but should never be directed in a hurtful way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User1652735