Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've been wondering is if there is anyway possible that LE found something related to AM's disappearance on the 1st because they say that's when he violated probation. Maybe he started his planning then and LE know something about it? It's just a suggestion. Could be totally unrelated. I just say that though because it is kinda crazy how they were onto him right away with just footage of him being at the gas station.

I doubt LE knew anything about it on the first. If so, AM would be at school and this thread wouldn't exist...or so I'd like to believe anyway. I'm more apt to believe it was the surveillance tapes themselves that provided LE with the evidence. They wouldn't just look at the clip or day of her missing. They'd look at days prior and following. In my opinion, the probation violation was something that played in their favor as the investigation progressed...and is progressing.

When did they say he had violated? Was it something he did before she disappeared? Just wondering if admitting to asking to buy/use drugs is a violation?

Don't take this as 100% fact, but I believe he violated probation by not making restitution by the 1st. It stemmed from a previous conviction.

I agree with pieceofwork, the area surrounding Cunningham's - McDonald's, Bojangles, Foster Fuels (which has a Subway inside), doesn't strike me as being the go to place for cruising. One goes to those places to get gas, food, or auto parts, not to hang out.

Okay, there is a car wash and landfill and livestock auction in the same area but again those places are frequented for their intended use. Many more places along 29S for RAT to cruise/hang out before he would ever get to the Rustburg location. And it appears when he wanted to leave Lovingston he headed north to Charlottesville.

unless you know RAT personally, you probably can't guess where he goes and when he goes there. But if anyone has seen him around any of these places, then it would be very much appreciated if you posted it. No one, especially me, is accusing any of these salvage businesses of collaborating with a serial
killer! On the other hand, hiding a body, by the criminal, not the biz owner, in one of these places, has happened without owners knowledge! also, as we know, people hide bodies on unwitting people's property.

I doubt LE knew anything about it on the first. If so, AM would be at school and this thread wouldn't exist...or so I'd like to believe anyway. I'm more apt to believe it was the surveillance tapes themselves that provided LE with the evidence. They wouldn't just look at the clip or day of her missing. They'd look at days prior and following. In my opinion, the probation violation was something that played in their favor as the investigation progressed...and is progressing.

I'm not saying they knew about it on the 1st I'm saying maybe they learned something later after she disappeared about the 1st that had something to do with AM. I mean I'm not that slow to think they would have known before it happened and didn't do anything about. Geez give me a little credit. I won't in slow classes.

Don't take this as 100% fact, but I believe he violated probation by not making restitution by the 1st. It stemmed from a previous conviction.

I read somewhere it was about restitution that he didn't pay for a previous arson conviction that took place in 2005. I believe his attorney mentioned that in an article, saying they were basically trying to find something to hold him on.

He was a suspect in another girl's disappearance, that's why. He was the last person to call another girl in Orange County. It set off the red flags. Suspect in another girl's disappearance and then suddenly in the same gas station as Alexis right before she vanishes?
The LE had a good reason to zero in on him...now they must have found incriminating evidence.

I knew about the previous girl, but you can't just arrest someone because of something you believe especially if he was never convicted. They had to have a good reason to arrest him is all I'm saying. I don't think they would make the same mistake twice and arrest him without some evidence because all that will happen is he will soon be back on the streets to hurt someone else and once again LE will look stupid and will have lost their guy. That's what his attorney is hoping for, you can tell by the way he always says they don't have any evidence to hold him. I'm pretty sure they are dotting their i's and crossing their t's so he can never be free and there will be justice for these girls and i don't think suspicion alone will do that.

When did they say he had violated? Was it something he did before she disappeared? Just wondering if admitting to asking to buy/use drugs is a violation?

I do know that on 8/21 they filed a probation violation charge against him r/t the arson conviction in 2005. It was never stated what the 8/1 violation was r/t that I am aware of. jmo

I do know that on 8/21 they filed a probation violation charge against him r/t the arson conviction in 2005. It was never stated what the 8/1 violation was r/t that I am aware of. jmo

Let me see if I can find the article that I'm speaking of about the restitution and violating probation.
http://wtvr.com/2013/08/22/randy-taylor-denied-bond/

Additionally, prosecutors also brought up that Taylor had failed to pay $600 in restitution for a 2005 arson conviction. Albemarle County charged him with the probation violation for failure to pay, which Taylor’s attorney called suspicious.
It doesnt mention when in this article though. Maybe I was just assuming that was what the violation was for since they don't mention any other reasons for violating probation. I would think if he violated probation twice though that it would be mentioned in court, so that's where I came up with my assumption. They would say anything to make him look as bad as possible I'm sure. If not maybe it was possibly connected to AM in some way that's why it's not being mentioned to the public, but it was posted somewhere in one of these threads that he violated probation on the 1st.

I know yesterday the lawyer was complaining about the violation charge being filed at the last minute and he said it was in r/t the 2005 arson conviction.

Wanted to share these images from yesterdays searches. 6 y/o Rika.

BSSjlLeIUAANKxP.jpg

BSUwPx_IcAAGr_x.jpg

https://twitter.com/KLOVEREPORTER

I'm really hoping this is the case that they made the arrest on based on familial DNA...it just adds up...the time of the arrest and also the "sensitive" evidence...IMO

Wanted to share these images from yesterdays searches. 6 y/o Rika.

BSSjlLeIUAANKxP.jpg

BSUwPx_IcAAGr_x.jpg

https://twitter.com/KLOVEREPORTER

Well, it looks like there is new tradition in Alexis's thread. Virtual treats for all dogs involved in her search!

:beagle: :beagle: :beagle: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :beagle: :beagle: :beagle:

Thanks for posting, popsicle. :) Go Doggies! Thank you Rika! You are precious!

Post 268 on the "Suspect " thread -

~snipped~

"Offense Date: 8/1/2013 Hearing Date: 8/16/2013

CR04017298-02
Location of Offense: Albemarle
His Residence: Ruckersville
PROBATION VIOLATION Capias Granted"

I believe that the source is the actual Court Records site.

I'm really hoping this is the case that they made the arrest on based on familial DNA...it just adds up...the time of the arrest and also the "sensitive" evidence...IMO

You can't make an arrest on familial DNA, and the fact so many people take it that way is one of the big concerns about allowing it to be used for law enforcement purposes. Just because somebody's related to a criminal doesn't make them guilty of the other person's crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member