Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a pink top with lettering.

image_large

Maybe its my screen, but it looks red to me.

This article was posted over the past day, maybe two, and last updated at 11:30 am today. It has a lot of quotes from her mother and other family members. This was one of the quotes in the article that I hadn't seen elsewhere.

“From day one, they said there’s stuff we’re not able to tell you,” she said. “I want to know more, but I know that they’re doing their job.”

If someone had linked to this earlier I apologize, I didn't see it.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/family-of-alexis-murphy-holds-out-hope/article_743a529a-a13c-528e-b351-699d329cccf2.html

Also, this may be way back in the threads, but...

“I’m still stuck on Sunday,” she said. “That’s the day my mom called me and said Alexis didn’t come home.”

I don't understand.

Somewhere that no one judges others.

Children's hospital?

No, no wait,

This article was posted over the past day, maybe two, and last updated at 11:30 am today. It has a lot of quotes from her mother and other family members. This was one of the quotes in the article that I hadn't seen elsewhere.

“From day one, they said there’s stuff we’re not able to tell you,” she said. “I want to know more, but I know that they’re doing their job.”

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/family-of-alexis-murphy-holds-out-hope/article_743a529a-a13c-528e-b351-699d329cccf2.html

“I’m still stuck on Sunday,” she said. “That’s the day my mom called me and said Alexis didn’t come home.”

I don't understand.

From the above link:

“If there is one thing I’d love to do, I want to talk with him one-on-one, from a mother to father,” Laura Murphy said of Taylor. “I’d love to talk to him and ask where she is. He has to have a heart somewhere.”

I wonder if Alexis's mother has had this opportunity yet?

From the above link:

“If there is one thing I’d love to do, I want to talk with him one-on-one, from a mother to father,” Laura Murphy said of Taylor. “I’d love to talk to him and ask where she is. He has to have a heart somewhere.”

I wonder if Alexis's mother has had this opportunity yet?

It would be up to RT. He can't be made to see her.
I remember Amber DuBois's mother desperate to talk to her murderer, which she eventually did. He told her what he did to Amber. :(

It would be up to RT. He can't be made to see her.
I remember Amber DuBois's mother desperate to talk to her murderer, which she eventually did. He told her what he did to Amber. :(

I am at a loss for words about Amber's murderer telling what he did. I couldn't imagine the pain that caused her mother...so heartbreaking.

I think if RT decided not talk to her, it could be telling. Then again, who knows what his lawyer would advise him to do. I personally wish she would be able to speak to him one-on-one. I think there's something within a mother's intuition that shouldn't ever be underestimated.

Somewhere that no one judges others.

Children's hospital?

No, no wait,

Huh? I'm sorry, but I'm very confused in what you're referring to in your post. Please explain. Thanks!

I am at a loss for words about Amber's murderer telling what he did. I couldn't imagine the pain that caused her mother...so heartbreaking.

I think if RT decided not talk to her, it could be telling. Then again, who knows what his lawyer would advise him to do. I personally wish she would be able to speak to him one-on-one. I think there's something within a mother's intuition that shouldn't ever be underestimated.

OT...Amber's mom said she had to know...that Amber had to go through it, the least she could do is know what happened to her. It was a horrible murder (stabbed and strangled, :()

More on the red sweater discovery:

Investigators Cannot Confirm Red Sweater is Alexis Murphy's

Nelson County sheriff's investigators say they cannot confirm any items found during Saturday's searches for Alexis Murphy, despite news reports that a sweater was pulled from a river.

A reporter from Lynchburg's News and Advance witnessed dive teams collect a red sweater during a search of the Rockfish River late Saturday afternoon.

Surveillance photos from the Liberty gas station in Lovingston show the 17-year-old wearing a red top the night she disappeared.

Lead investigator Billy Mays says he can't confirm anything recovered at this time. The FBI also says there are no updates.

Alexis' family say they have been asked not to comment on the sweater discovery.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23313583/investigators-cannot-confirm-red-sweater-is-alexis-murphys

There is the possibility that Alexis could have had a loose sweater/coverup in her car. I haven't any information that she owned a red sweater or that one was in her car, however, if the article of clothing found is hers, and is not the pink top she was wearing in the photo, this could be a possible explanation.

I don't understand.

I think Laura Murphy is referring to the day she personally knew Alexis was missing which would have been sometime Sunday morning (Aug. 4) after her shift at work was over.

re: red versus pink -- there's a shade of bright, almost fluorescent dark rose that's been in style for a couple of years. It can look red depending on light, shadow, etc. I wonder if that's the color.

Just wanted to bring this up...the article has been revised. The sentence you quoted now states:

"Murphy was last was seen Aug. 3 at the Liberty gas station in Lovingston. According to the FBI, she last was seen wearing a pink blouse and floral spandex pants."

Thanks so much Aeronomy! I am glad they updated it! :)

The top found does look too large to be the one Alexis had on. Does anyone know whether it's wet or not? That could obviously make the color darker.

I see some yellow decoration on the sleeve of Alexis's top.

To me the sweather looks like a male sweather.

If related to the case, I think it's RAT's.

I am all over the place right now looking at different cases and threads re: RAT's possible links to other cases / victims.

This post is eerie...it's by nerosleuth back in 2010:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4819048&postcount=7"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4819048&postcount=7[/ame]

And another by beachlvr0810 (gosh, there are so many eerie posts!):

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4823923&postcount=15"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4823923&postcount=15[/ame]

When you hold something that is made of knit/stretchy material up, it stretches and looks bigger.

Very good point. Also, I was thinking, what if RAT cut the sweater to remove it?? Do you think that could be possible?? Just thinking out loud hear.

I don't understand.

BBM

The article states that Alexis' mother was on her way home from her night shift job at the U. S. Postal Service in Richmond when her mother called her to say Alexis had not come home.

I wouldn't wear a sweater! But yesterday, we were in Williamsburg, I'm sweating buckets and a lady walks by in a COAT!

Some people can do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Yes it was hot hot hot here Saturday and Sunday. 90 with high humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleBiddle