Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am all over the place right now looking at different cases and threads re: RAT's possible links to other cases / victims.

This post is eerie...it's by nerosleuth back in 2010:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4819048&postcount=7

And another by beachlvr0810 (gosh, there are so many eerie posts!):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4823923&postcount=15

Virginia Edmonds' car was found yesterday in brushes in Lunenburg, Virginia. She has been missing since June 28, 2013. I looked on a map but I don't see a river nearby, but there is a nearby landfill on Landfill Road.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23314652/missing-womans-car-found-in-lunenburg-county

Huh? I'm sorry, but I'm very confused in what you're referring to in your post. Please explain. Thanks!

I'm sorry. I see how unclear that is!

I was trying to think of places he could hide her alive. But I don't think he has any connections to any hospital staff. That was a very long shot.

Please Lord, show the searchers, LE, SOMEONE where dear Alexis is!!! This family needs answers. :(

Reading the words from Alexis's mother in the link above, I'm shaking inside, and feel I could just burst crying. The anguish they are feeling. Trying to hold onto that tiny thread of hope. I'm sure all the negative thoughts have entered their minds. No matter how positive you try to be, those thoughts must creep in. It's all just too much!!!

IMO, the ONLY way Alexis could still be alive would mean there is an accomplice. Whether knowing they are or not, still someone else would have to be involved. And even in THAT situation, I'm finding it difficult to believe it would be a positive thing. Meaning, what GOOD reason would someone have to be keeping Alexis, and not coming forward? I don't consider being held as a sex slave a GOOD thing. I don't consider human trafficking a GOOD thing. So under what circumstances would be GOOD???

Even if I think she's out there in the woods somewhere alive, I'm not sure she has the resources to stay alive for a month. Nothing I've read about her would give me the impression that she's use to be out hiking, picking berries, etc.

Just feeling very anxious today....

I'm guessing my deep feelings for this case has a lot to do with the fact I have a daughter named Alexis that is 17yrs old and a senior this year. This is so scary. Such an injustice. Knowing some about Nelson Co., and knowing the area we live in, you just don't expect stuff like THIS to happen. Very close knit communities where everyone knows someone related to someone. Just a few degrees of separation within the communities. Most commute as there aren't jobs available locally. Most doing what they can to survive in this world. Many families leaving the oldest in charge while they work night shift, so they can be there when the kids are home from school, and be there to get them ready in the mornings to go to school. In Alexis' family, the Grandmother was staying at the home it appears. So safety measures were in place. Sadly it didn't matter!

It's scary to think that no matter what we do, what we think we're doing to be safe, some a$$hole can steal that sense of security and invade our private lives! Someone can extinguish that safety net in a matter of minutes. From the time Alexis was seen on the cameras, until the last ping on her phone was a matter of minutes. Not 15 minutes, not 30 minutes, not an hour! A very few precious moments and GONE! It makes no sense! It isn't natural! Think of how many minutes we waste each day, and those minutes can quickly add up. Yet in less time than it takes for me to walk the dogs, feed the animals, go to the bathroom, etc., Alexis is GONE! Quickly, quietly, no one noticing anything...and GONE! That is SCARY as heck!!!!

Last post for awhile, promise.

If nothing else, this has also really awakened the reality in my own Alexis. She no longer goes anywhere without someone with her. She realizes now that my talks weren't paranoid, Momma Bear talks, that they are indeed reality talks. That when I call and she doesn't answer, I have a right to be concerned and upset, and that she MUST answer the phone or text me to let me know she's OK. She realizes that a few times in her limited experience, this situation COULD have been her! It only takes a predator a quick moment to grasp the unassuming innocent. They literally prey on that one movement that the hunted doesn't think through, or trying to be polite doesn't run from that inner gut feeling that something isn't right. It's not things our children should have to fear!

Slightly O/T, but not really...when it concerns our teens...

My son went to UVA over the weekend, to visit his gf & attend the game. She lives on sorority/frat row and the students were pre-game parting the night before as he arrived. He said it beat anything he'd ever seen, as each house/yard/road in the whole area were full of kids, beer pong tables set-up, everyone walking up & down the streets with drinks/drugs/etc. He told me in that short drive to her house, at the end of the street, it took him all of about 30 min to get down what should have been a less than 5 min drive. He could have gotten any drug/drink/whatever in that short drive because nobody was above offering it to him thru his car window.

I was young once. I attended college and I partied, but the world was a very different place back then. How would one know in this situation who the good or bad guys are? How is this allowed, out in public, in an area where only students live? This property isn't considered property owned by the college right? So if not, why no LE presence?

It only takes a second for very bad things to happen, but no matter where you live or how cautious you are, bad things still happen, just like with Alexis. Who is out there helping to protect our kids when we no longer have the ability to do so? Yes, our kids have a right to have fun and not be afraid, but the bad guys are everywhere, just waiting for that right moment, and there seems to not be anything anyone can do about it :(

Played with pic a little. I don't think it's hers.

52227c693ab23.image.jpg

i think it might be her's
Yes, with the above resolution, it appears as if those long metallic stripes, on the sleeves are not a zipper and I see a crew neck but I do not see a hood.

And, any wet fabric will look longer and darker.

For those of you that think the shirt may be hers... and those of you that think it isn't.... I'd appreciate it if you'd share your reasoning to help me make up my mind.

(Last night I just KNEW it was a zip up sweatshirt until someone here said no, it's the sleeve, and we're seeing water in the "crack". Well, of course I thought they were wrong, and looked again, and again, and fiddled with the pic... and....:blushing: of course, they were RIGHT!!!) I welcome the chance to look at things in a different way.

Yes, with the above resolution, it appears as if those long metallic stripes, on the sleeves are not a zipper and I see a crew neck bot I do not see a hood.

And, any wet fabric will look longer and darker.

You guys could be right. It just looks super large to me. Wonder what the whitish spots are on the lower left??

For those of you that think the shirt may be hers... and those of you that think it isn't.... I'd appreciate it if you'd share your reasoning to help me make up my mind.

(Last night I just KNEW it was a zip up sweatshirt until someone here said no, it's the sleeve, and we're seeing water in the "crack". Well, of course I thought they were wrong, and looked again, and again, and fiddled with the pic... and....:blushing: of course, they were RIGHT!!!) I welcome the chance to look at things in a different way.

My reasoning is it has been stated as red and a sweater. FBI confirms her shirt was pink. Could it be a different article that may have been in her vehicle as someone mentioned? I think that would be a better possibility.

Also, LE asked her mom not to comment about it as her mother stated in the latest article I had linked to earlier. I honestly don't see LE asking a parent not to confirm or deny if it were hers if were actually hers. LE would know a parent could likely not be able to hide such distraught emotions if it were actually her shirt.

Looks like it could be a zip up hoodie to me, the hood hanging to front or back...

JMO

My reasoning is it has been stated as red and a sweater. FBI confirms her shirt was pink. Could it be a different article that may have been in her vehicle as someone mentioned? I think that would be a better possibility.

Also, LE asked her mom not to comment about it as her mother stated in the latest article I had linked to earlier. I honestly don't see LE asking a parent not to confirm or deny if it were hers if were actually hers. LE would know a parent could likely not be able to hide such distraught emotions if it were actually her shirt.

On the other hand, if it's not hers, what reason is there to keep that secret?

On the other hand, if it's not hers, what reason is there to keep that secret?

Off the top of my head...to arouse fear in certain or a certain individual and to maybe elicit possible changes in behavior.

I think men are often not as articulate with items of women's clothing than women are.

A woman may say "sweater" and think of a garment that is "knitted" with yarn and more of a outer garment. A cardigan is an example. You may wear something under a sweater. You don't wear a sweater outside in August in Virginia. (Unless you're the odd person wearing a coat in Williamsburg lately!)

I think the pics of her at the gas station show a "shirt" or a "top" -- something stretchy, some sort of knit material, sort of like T shirt material that pulls on over the head.

A man may call that a sweater (a red sweater at that, although many of us on here say the pic looks like hot pink, dark pink, maroon, etc). To a man, it's RED.

A man may call that a sweater (a red sweater at that, although many of us on here say the pic looks like hot pink, dark pink, maroon, etc). To a man, it's RED.

I agree as there has been a current office discussion in regard to someone's car being blue or gray! But man or woman, wouldn't they be more inclined, when pulling an item from the water, to indicate it as being a shirt unless it was obvious the material was consistent with that of a sweater...or if not, would look like a cardigan? Which this item doesn't appear to be (in my eyes) a cardigan.

I agree as there has been a current office discussion in regard to someone's car being blue or gray! But man or woman, wouldn't they be more inclined, when pulling an item from the water, to indicate it as being a shirt unless it was obvious the material was consistent with that of a sweater...or if not, would look like a cardigan? Which this item doesn't appear to be (in my eyes) a cardigan.

I'm thinking that it probably is a red sweater, and it goes with the Roanoke woman who went missing a couple of years ago who was wearing a red sweater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory