Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking bout this too. Since RAT is an experienced predator, and knowledgeable about forensics and LE, I'm not so sure that he would take her to his own home / camper. But who knows...
He may have brought back a piece of her clothing. I'm thinking there may have been a struggle there, and he did his best to clean up during the following days, but I'd bet, moved her immediately Sat. But he waited, what 6 days, with knowledge the whole community was looking for her, until LE showed up and just THEN comes up with the CRD story, and she was at his place. Why didn't he report to LE earlier that he had seen her and she had been at his "house"?
I pray someone finds her, and takes bargaining with the location away from him.
VA is a DP state.

Wow! Thanks for this. Pretty interesting. What was your source on this info? No snark here, just would like to know as it gives me hope!

Lori Bruski NamUs Regional System Administrator at UNT Health Science Center

I do not have anything I can link to.

I have not been able to follow the threads...
Does anyone know if she goes by the name Alexa?
There was a message found in a restroom in another state that came from an Alexa missing "3 weeks"; said someone named James had her.

She was the 1st that came to my mind. I suggested her

It was reported on her fb page. I'm sure LE is aware of it, but whether it indicates Alexis or not is another matter. FWIW it was posted there is an Alexandria missing as well. The report about the note on a toilet cover might be true, and might be a hoax. FWIR the note is real, but whether it's a hoax or not hasn't been determined. But at least people in other states are concerned and remember Alexis!!!

I think they have more than 1 hair tbh.

Yep, and that is why his defense attorney decided not to talk anymore. He was finally informed of some of the evidence, and it must be more than one hair, or he would still be talking.

It was reported on her fb page. I'm sure LE is aware of it, but whether it indicates Alexis or not is another matter. FWIW it was posted there is an Alexandria missing as well. The report about the note on a toilet cover might be true, and might be a hoax. FWIR the note is real, but whether it's a hoax or not hasn't been determined. But at least people in other states are concerned and remember Alexis!!!

I'm not FB friends with her so you probably saw more then I did; I didn't see Alexandria just the name Alexa; 3 weeks; name James; 1st girl I thought of was Alexis Murphy.. I know they were trying to figure out if it was a hoax or not

My next thought was that I wondered if the girl was not reported missing & could be one of the new FB "fads" where people are posting their daughter; brother; sister; mother.. are missing.. I try to ask if they've reported to police; some do not answer. I've had 2 where I directed them to a missing group; one was a brother in another state; LE would not take report... They get entry into the group then the person is found.

http://charlottesville.backpage.com/ has anyone looked here for Alexis? Possible other areas, states??

Yes, I have... had a friend suggest it because they thought there was an "Alexis" on there a couple of months back... I checked multiple areas going back as far as it would let me... early June, and did not find her on there... the ad with similar names was for a different girl..

It is depressingly quiet here. Meanwhile, I find myself thinking about this case more every day.

If I'm not mistaken, she mentioned an appreciation for this singer on FB/elsewhere, one I've liked for a while as well. Listening to the lyrics ("a life worth fighting for.."), it oddly makes me think of Alexis, her spirit—the one we're all fighting for, too. Hope it's appropriate to link to a (non music video) song. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpJGkKlequE"]Santigold Disparate Youth - YouTube[/ame]

It is quiet, but just like you and I are thinking of Alexis always, I am sure millions of others are too. We all just feel so helpless and wish there was some way to turn the clock back and prevent this from happening. I pray for her and her family often and think of them everyday several times a day. I hope she is found soon and is safe and is able to come home to her family. I am really glad they have Rat locked up and are keeping him locked up.

I'm not FB friends with her so you probably saw more then I did; I didn't see Alexandria just the name Alexa; 3 weeks; name James; 1st girl I thought of was Alexis Murphy.. I know they were trying to figure out if it was a hoax or not

My next thought was that I wondered if the girl was not reported missing & could be one of the new FB "fads" where people are posting their daughter; brother; sister; mother.. are missing.. I try to ask if they've reported to police; some do not answer. I've had 2 where I directed them to a missing group; one was a brother in another state; LE would not take report... They get entry into the group then the person is found.

why would people not report missing loved ones to LE but only post on FB?

FYI:
There was a big music festival in Arrington over the week-end.
Search teams focused this weekend in Lunenburg CO for a 73 YO lady with dementia.
Foul play doesn't appear to be involved.
Hoping and praying searches continue this week with Alexis found.

I spent an hour or so looking at images for BP...I saw a few pics, back views or ones with something obscuring a face, that resemble Alexis's appearance, size shape, and coloring.

I was intrigued by one site, linked to my search (B@ckpage 5'7" cocoa.) There were quite a few pictures that resembled Alexis. The site was lukeslist, Atlanta, GA.

I also saw a few attached to BP Central NJ, New Jersey, Ohio, Indianapolis and New York. But, like I said, the pics were either taken from the back or had obscured the faces.

Sadly, if they took Alexis, for the purpose of the sex trade, she could be in any major city or being moved from one city to the next. I doubt she is being used in a club or for parties.

Note: Even with "safe search" on, very graphic photos case up in the image search..

why would people not report missing loved ones to LE but only post on FB?

Good question. Possible some LE still will not take reports on run aways; I don't know.

NBC29 (@NBC29) tweeted at 0:25 PM on Mon, Sep 09, 2013:
FBI says there are no new developments in the search for #AlexisMurphy, despite a new rash of rumors going around.

I haven't heard what the new rumors have been. The FBI must have been getting a lot of calls that turned out to be rumors.

New FBI director, James Comey speaks about the Alexis Murphy case.
Nothing new, but great for the coverage.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/23382913/new-fbi-director-james-comey-in-richmond

"Comey also spoke about missing Nelson County teen Alexis Murphy. He said the case is difficult and that the FBI was is doing everything in its power to help."

I thought this was pretty good or at the very least, interesting... I mean, hes the director of FBI, the top guy nationally... and with ALL the cases they have, he is specifically familiar with her case on only his third day in office... I wouldn't imagine he could have that high a level of familiarity with every single case in the country right off the bat... so the fact that he is familiar enough with hers to be able to respond to a question about it is pretty cool... I know, such a incredibly tiny tidbit of positive... but better then nothing, or something bad i guess... :twocents:

I thought this was pretty good or at the very least, interesting... I mean, hes the director of FBI, the top guy nationally... and with ALL the cases they have, he is specifically familiar with her case on only his third day in office... I wouldn't imagine he could have that high a level of familiarity with every single case in the country right off the bat... so the fact that he is familiar enough with hers to be able to respond to a question about it is pretty cool... I know, such a incredibly tiny tidbit of positive... but better then nothing, or something bad i guess... :twocents:
Yep! It really makes you think.
And he spoke about the cooperation between agencies in the Commonwealth. This is good to hear considering all the bad press about how one agency sometimes is said to withhold information or doesn't cooperate impeding cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966