Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any rumors regarding the investigation floating around in Nelson County right now? Sometimes... where there is smoke, there is fire. Just curious for now due to lack of media attention due to no new news released by LE.

I thought this was pretty good or at the very least, interesting... I mean, hes the director of FBI, the top guy nationally... and with ALL the cases they have, he is specifically familiar with her case on only his third day in office... I wouldn't imagine he could have that high a level of familiarity with every single case in the country right off the bat... so the fact that he is familiar enough with hers to be able to respond to a question about it is pretty cool... I know, such a incredibly tiny tidbit of positive... but better then nothing, or something bad i guess... :twocents:

It is interesting. Comey has worked and lived in Richmond so I guess it isn't surprising he would make Richmond his first visit. Here are some of the articles and statements from Comey concerning Alexis:

On the search for Alexis Murphy, a Nelson County teen who has been missing since early August, Comey says he has been briefed on the case.
“I am familiar with the case and was briefed on it when I became Director,” Comey said. “I think that particular case is a great example of everybody pitching in to try and deal with a very difficult case,” Comey added.

http://wtvr.com/2013/09/09/new-fbi-director-makes-richmond-his-first-stop/

Asked about the disappearance of Nelson County teenager Alexis Murphy, Comey said the FBI is doing what it can to help.

“Sometimes we have resources — particularly forensic laboratory resources. I think that particular case is a great example of everybody pitching in to try to deal with a very, very difficult case,” he said.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/l...477-0ded-5fa4-8ab6-aeaa3e990120.html?mode=jqm

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC)—One of the most powerful law enforcement officers in the country, FBI Director James Comey, spoke out about Alexis Murphy, the Nelson County teen who's been missing for just over a month.

Comey says he's been briefed on the case and his agency is working with local law enforcement to get it solved. Monday afternoon—in an extremely rare setting—he met with reporters to discuss this and other important issues facing the country.

"We have resources—particularly forensics and laboratory resources," Comey said on his agency's search for Murphy. "The FBI is doing in that case what it does and will do in cases all around the country and that is help."

Comey spoke about Alexis just three days into his new job as seventh director of the FBI. He takes the position as the NSA is being scrutinized for wiretapping and gathering information from Americans.

http://www.wric.com/story/23388188/fbi-director-talks-alexis-murphy-sequestration

I wish there would be some kind of break. So his next court date is Sept 24? What exactly will happen then and is it closed to the media?

I wish there would be some kind of break. So his next court date is Sept 24? What exactly will happen then and is it closed to the media?

The case will go before the grand jury and it will be closed to media and other persons. It will hear evidence, I believe, only from the prosecution (evidence, witnesses) as to determine if there is probable cause that a person may have commited a crime. If an indictment is handed down there will be a later trial and the work of the grand jury will become public (I am not certain concerning the last part of my sentence - about the gj work becoming public).

I thought this was pretty good or at the very least, interesting... I mean, hes the director of FBI, the top guy nationally... and with ALL the cases they have, he is specifically familiar with her case on only his third day in office... I wouldn't imagine he could have that high a level of familiarity with every single case in the country right off the bat... so the fact that he is familiar enough with hers to be able to respond to a question about it is pretty cool... I know, such a incredibly tiny tidbit of positive... but better then nothing, or something bad i guess... :twocents:

It's encouraging to me!

wow Thanks for the replies and for the links and looky there; an arrest in SC....I Just have the worst feeling about this guy; he may be responsible for many other crimes....and I just cannot believe Ashely is still "missing" ie not found. I suspect he may dispose of his victims in a unique way....and i don't think this is the first time nor the last if he ever is released again. I even suspect Holly Bobo's case, I wonder about Heavy Metal and Morgan; and if he would have gone to that concert....he seems to be all over the place. It's rare for a serial killer to change his preference regarding even something as simple as race, iow she is AA and the others are blondes....so as I said it HAS happened but it is RARE that an abductor changes up his "preference or type" ...unless convience is his only chance and that doesn't matter to him. At first I wanted to disclude all the chatter; about RAT but now things have changed. He needs to give it up. Man up RAT and give LE the info they need so the families don't suffer further. That is the absolute worst to have someone in custody but they refuse to say where the person is. Nothing could be worse for the family members in all cases such as this. We all should be looking at him as closely as the FBI is looking at Israel Keys.

I spent an hour or so looking at images for BP...I saw a few pics, back views or ones with something obscuring a face, that resemble Alexis's appearance, size shape, and coloring.

I was intrigued by one site, linked to my search (B@ckpage 5'7" cocoa.) There were quite a few pictures that resembled Alexis. The site was lukeslist, Atlanta, GA.

I also saw a few attached to BP Central NJ, New Jersey, Ohio, Indianapolis and New York. But, like I said, the pics were either taken from the back or had obscured the faces.

Sadly, if they took Alexis, for the purpose of the sex trade, she could be in any major city or being moved from one city to the next. I doubt she is being used in a club or for parties.

Note: Even with "safe search" on, very graphic photos case up in the image search..

This REALLY interests me. Especially the lukeslist is ATL!

I went to HS in ATL and can say that the sex trafficking trade there, especially with African American females being the victims in the trafficking market, makes me wonder about whether or not she is there.

Sex trafficking is the #1 fastest growing crime in the US, do considering it as a possible scenario in this case doesn't seem at all far fetched IMHO.

wow Thanks for the replies and for the links and looky there; an arrest in SC....I Just have the worst feeling about this guy; he may be responsible for many other crimes....and I just cannot believe Ashely is still "missing" ie not found. I suspect he may dispose of his victims in a unique way....and i don't think this is the first time nor the last if he ever is released again. I even suspect Holly Bobo's case, I wonder about Heavy Metal and Morgan; and if he would have gone to that concert....he seems to be all over the place. It's rare for a serial killer to change his preference regarding even something as simple as race, iow she is AA and the others are blondes....so as I said it HAS happened but it is RARE that an abductor changes up his "preference or type" ...unless convience is his only chance and that doesn't matter to him. At first I wanted to disclude all the chatter; about RAT but now things have changed. He needs to give it up. Man up RAT and give LE the info they need so the families don't suffer further. That is the absolute worst to have someone in custody but they refuse to say where the person is. Nothing could be worse for the family members in all cases such as this. We all should be looking at him as closely as the FBI is looking at Israel Keys.
Just wondering: If you are held in jail, and in the system awaiting your case to go before a Grand Jury as RAT is now, are you allowed access to the internet?
I don't think RAT will give up any info unless it will benefit him. I also don't think RAT has a conscience or guilt. Causing maximum amounts of pain to victims and families is probably what he is after besides garnering as much attention as possible. JMO
It is sickening to think he may have a brother also involved. It opens this case, and the areas involved up to horrible possibilities. Sure adds credence to FBI involvement.

Just wondering: If you are held in jail, and in the system awaiting your case to go before a Grand Jury as RAT is now, are you allowed access to the internet?
I don't think RAT will give up any info unless it will benefit him. I also don't think RAT has a conscience or guilt. Causing maximum amounts of pain to victims and families is probably what he is after besides garnering as much attention as possible. JMO
It is sickening to think he may have a brother also involved. It opens this case, and the areas involved up to horrible possibilities. Sure adds credence to FBI involvement.

No, I don't think so. My best friend's dad is currently in jail, and the only computer access I think he has is for video visits. Don't quote me on that, it might be very different in another state...but I don't see them giving a whole load of felons internet access.

This REALLY interests me. Especially the lukeslist is ATL!

I went to HS in ATL and can say that the sex trafficking trade there, especially with African American females being the victims in the trafficking market, makes me wonder about whether it not she is there.

Sex trafficking is the #1 fastest growing crime in the US, do considering it as a possible scenario in this case doesn't seem at all far fetched IMHO.
I'm having trouble with ATL being so close, don't you think she would have been recognized?

I tried to post something in response with a map explaining my methodology behind what I do, but It didn't post... :(

Oh wait it was on other thread.

My brain is getting confused!

Coffee call!

I'm having trouble with ATL being so close, don't you think she would have been recognized?

I'm just outside Atlanta and I'm pretty sure this story hasn't hit any of our major outlets. Certainly haven't heard any friends/family talking about it.

Plus, there's lots of shady places in Atlanta. It's sprawling and not exactly cozy/compact; you can have blocks of nice restaurants a mile away from long stretches of abandoned warehouses and boarded up housing projects, moreso if you're headed towards the airport. And our public transit is a joke, so really, interaction with people, much less strangers, is quite limited in the city itself.

So it would be a decent bet were she to have been smuggled into the sex trade. Sadly, I don't think this is the case. Even if a trafficker could get away with it in the setting I described, a professional likely knows better than to deal with teens of AM's demographic. It's a lot easier to make someone disappear when nobody is going to come looking for them. Otherwise I think even the most heartless john would get an earful the second they were alone; anything preventative would leave her too drugged to function/make money for the trafficker. I haven't researched this particular aspect of it, but I would also bet that the fantasy element is important enough for the "customer" to where girls who appear blatantly abused and endangered would deter a good amount of returning "customers." The money loss + constant liability/extra time and effort spent to conceal = not worth it for the trafficker established enough to cross state lines. JMO.

I'm just outside Atlanta and I'm pretty sure this story hasn't hit any of our major outlets. Certainly haven't heard any friends/family talking about it.

Plus, there's lots of shady places in Atlanta. It's sprawling and not exactly cozy/compact; you can have blocks of nice restaurants a mile away from long stretches of abandoned warehouses and boarded up housing projects, moreso if you're headed towards the airport. And our public transit is a joke, so really, interaction with people, much less strangers, is quite limited in the city itself.

So it would be a decent bet were she to have been smuggled into the sex trade. Sadly, I don't think this is the case. Even if a trafficker could get away with it in the setting I described, a professional likely knows better than to deal with teens of AM's demographic. It's a lot easier to make someone disappear when nobody is going to come looking for them. Otherwise I think even the most heartless john would get an earful the second they were alone; anything preventative would leave her too drugged to function/make money for the trafficker. I haven't researched this particular aspect of it, but I would also bet that the fantasy element is important enough for the "customer" to where girls who appear blatantly abused and endangered would deter a good amount of returning "customers." The money loss + constant liability/extra time and effort spent to conceal = not worth it for the trafficker established enough to cross state lines. JMO.

I agree that if she were being held for profit, the risk of getting caught on the perps end would outweigh the profit he could make off her... And many times this is when the victims become a murder stat.

The victim being alive has to yield more benefit to the perp. Usually when the victim can no longer financially benefit the perp/pimp and their story becomes public, the victim is assaulted/killed/hidden further.

Any rumors regarding the investigation floating around in Nelson County right now? Sometimes... where there is smoke, there is fire. Just curious for now due to lack of media attention due to no new news released by LE.

I am local and saw the quote regarding rumors. I have not heard anything. I work with someone who knows AM's family members, so I think if something major was circulating we would have heard.

. . . . just praying that she is found! :banghead:

IMO the chances sex trafficking in this case are slim to none. Victims of sex trafficking are typically runaways, foster children or their own guardians are trafficking them.

Traffickers do not abduct children out of the blue that there will be a all out search for. This would be high risk for a trafficker and they most certainly wouldn't be posting photos of her anywhere on the net. They prey on runaways that are trying to survive on the streets, immigrants, etc.....

From everything I have seen about Alexis, she is a strong, well adjusted 17 year old, from a good tight family. She is a fighter.....

Alexis would not fit the bill for what a sex trafficker would be looking for in a victim.

IMO, this guy RAT, is 100% responsible for what happened to Alexis along with at least one other girl. He is not handing girls off to other people. He abducts them for his own sick reasons. (In this case after his *advertiser censored* purchase).

I am really surprised at how much speculation of truth there is on the "tale" that he told LE, after LE told him they had evidence of her in his trailer.

She went to his trailer to help arrange a drug deal (of marijuana) between two dudes and she didn't smoke any herself?? Seriously??? WTH would she do this for?

The story is lame IMO and makes no sense. It's just a futile attempt to try and get away with another murder like he did in the past. This time it ain't gonna happen.

More on sex trafficking....

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...n-weekend-sex-trafficking-raids-fbi-says?lite

The pimps preyed in particular on troubled children, authorities said. In some of the cases, they used a popular online classified site, Backpage, to sell the children for sex, authorities said.
“From a parent’s point of view, from a law enforcement professional’s point of view, it would be enough to look through the eyes of these children and think or say, ‘Nobody cares about me,’” Hosko said.
The victims are overwhelmingly girls, and the pimps sometimes entice them with compliments or asking whether they want to make some money. The girls become trapped in a cycle that can involve drugs, physical abuse, even torture, Hosko said.

Sadly, there is not a shortage of troubled youth, from troubled homes in our society for them to prey on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member