Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought the house with chain linked fence and do have dogs but little ones. We are going to secure our perimeter with thorny bushes that grow 6 ft tall and 6 ft wide around the fence line. We plan to get a pit bull asap. We are installing security systems camera etc. We all have decided to take self defense classes. Alexis' situation unfortunately has opened our eyes to the evils of this world. Now just to get rid of paranoia :banghead:

Well the good news is that you know THIS one exists. Thousands more that haven't been convicted yet, and thus no way of tracking them! Forget the pitbull (lovely dogs, btw) Larger dog. Need a Rotti? My own opinion, but get into a firearms class if you don't know how to use one, and get a concealed carry permit. Amazing how quickly THAT information spreads among neighbors. ;) There's a guy in our neighborhood that is wanted for being here illegally (immigration folks looking for him!) as well as for assaulting 3 local women! Funny thing, the guy is scared to death of dogs, and commented to me one day that my house would be last place he ever went because of my dogs! Good! Keep out you good for nothing nasty horrible idiot!!!

However, as in the case with Alexis...dogs won't help when they are home, and you're out somewhere. Concealed carry would though!

And drill into anyone you know to NEVER EVER leave the scene of the attempted abduction! Fight, cause all the noise you can, even if a gun is involved! You're less likely to be taken then, and if you leave the scene, much too difficult to find you. Plus if they plan is to abduct anyway, you're not likely going to survive once they take you. So take the chance of dying on the spot! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!! Blow the horn, scream, shoot, do whatever, but don't let them take you!!!

:twocents:

We bought the house with chain linked fence and do have dogs but little ones. We are going to secure our perimeter with thorny bushes that grow 6 ft tall and 6 ft wide around the fence line. We plan to get a pit bull asap. We are installing security systems camera etc. We all have decided to take self defense classes. Alexis' situation unfortunately has opened our eyes to the evils of this world. Now just to get rid of paranoia :banghead:
He talked to your SON? Sex offenses against young men (older teens, and twenties) is highly underreported, be very careful, young men ARE NOT as wary, and they don't report because they are stigmatized.

Hi all :wave:

I see alot of OT posts and I realize there isn't much news, but we really need to stay on track here. We really don't like removing posts. Where are you Alexis?!!!

998965_315616295250066_953937_n.jpg

Sooo... it appears quite slow today... at least on ws... but not so much here at home... I have 3 grad classes going right now and a 18 page paper I am working on, 400 pages to read, a major exam that I'm studying for, and 6 discussion board questions of 400 words each that must be backed up with peer-reviewed journal articles and in APA citation format of course... all while trying to finish a book I have a book review coming up on... all due by Sunday... while taking care of daily house, hubby... and my teenage boys, one with autism.... and yet, all I can think about is how badly I want Alexis to come home to her family... I'm staying on top of everything, but my focus has definitely been divided as my thoughts always turn to her, to her family... I continue to believe, pray, hope, and have faith that she will be found soon... every day, I think today is the day... and when its not, I just pray the day she does come home will be near... her abduction has affected our community on so many levels... as members of the community, as people who care, as parents, as friends... but every moment I remind myself... She WILL come home... I refuse to believe anything else... please, please, continue to share her missing flyer, her story, her picture, her name on whatever social media you use... please continue to keep her family in your prayers, or positive energies, or daily thoughts.... lets Bring Her Home to her family... :)

Not accurate. Hallahan has not said on what date RT first told his story to LE. What he said was that RT has told LE the story to investigators since the "beginning" but he has never said when the "beginning" was. To my knowledge, it has never been reported when LE first questioned RT. It would be unlikely that a man with 20 plus years of arrests and convictions answered questions without a lawyer present and he didn't have a lawyer until after his arrest because his lawyer was court-appointed at the advisement hearing. Once he had a lawyer, LE told the lawyer that there was a hair in the camper. That is when the lawyer then went to the media with RT's story. I have never seen a report that RT was told about the hair by LE before his arrest, and as stated above, I have never seen any reports of interrogations/interviews of RT prior to his arrest. Have I missed something?
Along the same lines, there is no confirmation that the surveillance video shows the cars pulling out of the gas station, and no confirmation that RT was following Alexis or vice versa. This thread has become a bit of a game of telephone...

RAT was questioned all day while they were searching his property. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he made up this story to cover for evidence that may be found in his camper or was found in her car. jmo

RAT was questioned all day while they were searching his property. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he made up this story to cover for evidence that may be found in his camper or was found in her car. jmo

I have not seen that reported. Do you have a link? I don't think there is any doubt that is why he made up that story but the timeline is not clear at least from the articles I have read (I thought I had read all of them here in the local papers!).

I just wonder if he is really dumb enough to throw her cell phone any where near his property. Especially when you have ample time to get rid of it any where other than there. It just seems too easy to me.

But, if there WAS another guy could it have been him making it look as if RAT is guilty?

Maybe it was lost in a "shuffle" of some type and he didn't realize it or couldn't find it.

I'm on that page too.
One hair in his trailer isn't much but it is something.
Wonder if Alexis was actually in the trailer?
Or did RAT have her hair on his clothing after seeing her/kidnapping her ?
Did LE the trailer's washing machine?
Did LE investigate RAT 's mother's home?

Just rambling and thinking out loud.

I think they have more than 1 hair tbh.

It's been more than a month. I hope she's found soon :(.
I can't believe Samantha Clarke has not been found to this day. That is concerning.

I agree NuSleuth.

I'm sure many of the intelligent and compassionate sleuths here (you included of course!) have sprinkled bits of truth throughout Alexis's thread that we will later find were qualified by the investigation.

The important thing is people care and are looking for her, and that is a divine hope indeed.

I have not been able to follow the threads...
Does anyone know if she goes by the name Alexa?
There was a message found in a restroom in another state that came from an Alexa missing "3 weeks"; said someone named James had her.

She was the 1st that came to my mind. I suggested her

I have not been able to follow the threads...
Does anyone know if she goes by the name Alexa?
There was a message found in a restroom in another state that came from an Alexa missing "3 weeks"; said someone named James had her.

She was the 1st that came to my mind. I suggested her

Wow! Thanks for this. Pretty interesting. What was your source on this info? No snark here, just would like to know as it gives me hope!

Unfortunately, you can't move away from the problem... only to have it show up in the new neighborhood or have someone move in later. We have an (allegedly reformed) child rapist who lives 5 doors down across the street. He is registered SO and neighbors put out flyers at each house when he moved in to warn other neighbors (particularly ones with children). All you can do legally is keep your guard up. They are (legally) moving in and out of neighborhoods all the time...and there are many of them! :(

Watch him like a hawk and meet with other neighbor's to watch him. Maybe, he'll trip up and go back to jail, for something easy like possession of pot.

He talked to your SON? Sex offenses against young men (older teens, and twenties) is highly underreported, be very careful, young men ARE NOT as wary, and they don't report because they are stigmatized.

Isn't he breaking parole restrictions by talking to your underage son already? I'd call his parole officer and find out. Report him.
RSO have way too many rights. IMO they should NOT be allowed to rent or buy houses near other people especially with children and teemagers. But, I have no idea where they should be allowed to live. Special housing community that has lockdown at night, armed guards? Just wishful thinking.

I'm on that page too.
One hair in his trailer isn't much but it is something.
Wonder if Alexis was actually in the trailer?
Or did RAT have her hair on his clothing after seeing her/kidnapping her ?
Did LE the trailer's washing machine?
Did LE investigate RAT 's mother's home?

Just rambling and thinking out loud.

I was thinking bout this too. Since RAT is an experienced predator, and knowledgeable about forensics and LE, I'm not so sure that he would take her to his own home / camper. But who knows...

I was thinking bout this too. Since RAT is an experienced predator, and knowledgeable about forensics and LE, I'm not so sure that he would take her to his own home / camper. But who knows...

He may be experienced, but he may also have been lucky in the past. He may be cocky and slipped up. They all eventually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double