Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone is only officially a POI when they are named as such. Seeing as CRD has not been named as a POI, he would be a new one when so identified.
Very interesting, did not know that, Thanks. I'm still believing LE's original statements that they have the right guy behind bars.
Perhaps this is dotting I's for the prosecution. Even better hoping this POI can bring some facts forward.

Couple thoughts on why I don't think the POI was CRD.

Based on RAT's explanation, Alexis called up her guy and they met shortly thereafter. Therefore CRD was clearly a local. It's a county of 12k people with everyone no more than 1-2 degrees of separation from each other. It wouldn't take police this long to identify CRD and first speak with him (unless he fled, but then wouldn't they put out on APB on him, especially with Alexis still missing? Absolutely yes.).

IMO the fact that it was out of state indicates a likelihood that it was RAT's ride from CVille (dropping off the car) back to his house. Good chance it was a truck driver. There's a cheap Hess gas station on the southbound side of 29, looks less than a half mile from the theater where the car was found. I see trucks filling up there frequently. Wonder if he hitched a ride there, and maybe was caught on security cameras.

You are I are on the same page!

I think after RAT dropped off the car at Carmike, he started walking back to Nelson and either stopped at Hess, Waffle House, or iHop and hitched a ride with someone down 29. My guess is that he was caught on film somewhere and it has just taken LE time (tracking credit card receipts, license places, 29 intersection cameras) to find the person that gave him a ride.

Hope all of this means they are getting closer to finding Alexis.

Very interesting, did not know that, Thanks. I'm still believing LE's original statements that they have the right guy behind bars.
Perhaps this is dotting I's for the prosecution. Even better hoping this POI can bring some facts forward.

I don't think the fact that there's a new POI lets RAT off the hook. It's possible more than one person is involved in Alexis's disappearance and RAT is now implicating an accomplice to buy himself a lighter sentence. So, RAT may very well have told LE some partial truths, at least, to save his own neck. I hope that all involved are ready to snitch on one another and it leads to finding Alexis....hopefully, alive! :please:

Nelson County investigators say they followed up on Hallahan's statement by locating the person of interest.

Alexis' family thinks Taylor was lying, and that authorities following up on the lead will put holes in his story.
"I did want investigators to pursue that so that he can't use it as his defense for saying that there was someone else present, so I'm glad they are following up on all leads and pursuing all avenues with regards to that," Trina Murphy said.
The Nelson County Sheriff's Office could not confirm whether Taylor is still the prime suspect in the investigation but at this point, no other arrest has been made. Taylor's case will go before a grand jury Tuesday.
http://www.nbc29.com/story/23497472/nelson-investigators-person-of-interest-contacted-in-murphy-case

Lots of interesting comments under this article.

Nelson County investigators confirm they have talked to a "person of interest" in the disappearance of 17-year-old Alexis Murphy. The man fits the description abduction suspect Randy Taylor's attorney told NBC29 early in this investigation.
This is the first time investigators with the Nelson County Sheriff's Office have confirmed contact with someone other than Taylor who may be involved with Alexis' disappearance.
http://www.nbc29.com/story/23497472/nelson-investigators-person-of-interest-contacted-in-murphy-case

Appears they just released a tidbit that they have spoken with CRD, maybe to keep interest in the case, maybe to shake up someone and see their actions, maybe because of GJ tomorrow. Who knows! But don't think it's anything NEW per se, just confirming earlier reports that they did follow up on RATs story... IMO!

Don't know about CRD being on the friend's list because that's block from public view.

The newsplex article says that it is an "out-of-state" POI (link below), but most of the other articles don't say that. Makes me wonder if it really is someone "out of state".

But that article also says "Brooks describes the unnamed male as "a person of interest we had been wanting to talk to in the course of normal investigation" and says it is not breaking news."

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Authorities-Make-Contact-with-Person-of-Interest-in-Alexis-Murphy-Case-224788082.html

In my mind, this says that investigators talked with this person a while back, and the media only got that information recently, so they are making a big deal out of it because it's "new" information to media. After all, the term "Person of Interest" really means nothing other than the police want to talk to that person or the person was implicated by someone. It's not even a legal term.

We are all in the dark as to what this POI means...so we are all speculating wildly. We hope that LE has things figured out and that this is not an unexpected turn of events. Ultimately, we all want the true person(s) responsible prosecuted for this crime.

POI Imoo means suspect without being called a suspect. :blushing:
Why did it take LE this long to announce that there is another POI?

Question: Do they need a search warrant (court order) to do a DNA test of corn row dude?

NBC29 (@NBC29) tweeted at 6:42 AM on Tue, Sep 24, 2013:
A grand jury will need to decide if case against #AlexisMurphy abduction suspect Randy Taylor moves forward. Details on NBC29 in 15 mins.

Question: Do they need a search warrant (court order) to do a DNA test of corn row dude?

If CornRowDude agrees to give them samples to clear himself then no Court Order is needed.

If not in agreement, then to yes Court Order is needed.

I don't believe this is new information either. I hope more details come out this afternoon.

The CRD was listed out of state because he left to go out of state. Also AM's Fb page is open to Public it is not set to private. This means anyone can view p.hotos comments and freinds.

The CRD was listed out of state because he left to go out of state. Also AM's Fb page is open to Public it is not set to private. This means anyone can view p.hotos comments and freinds.

Do you know for a fact he left the area? I hadnt heard that until yesterday.

I'm just checking in for his pending appearance in front of a grand jury!!

So am I. I'm really hoping some useful information comes out of this appearance. Especially more details regarding evidence.

We will probably only hear that the case will go forward or it won't. Doubtful that any new evidence or details will emerge.

Maybe, but I would think that choosing to allow the case to go forward would imply they had enough evidence to make a convincing argument, which at the very least is more encouraging than feeling like they have nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95