Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk I might get flack for this, but I DON'T think we should completely rule out a drug deal - to me, that seems like the most likely scenario...I can't think of any other situation that she would go to his house. Crazier things have happened. I believe that maybe she has talked to him before and built up a bit of trust with him - a lot of you say that there's no way that she would go to his house bcs he creepy but yet you believe that she would go to his house if he flags her down and tells her to go to his house bcs her vehicle is damaged? Does that make him less creepy? I'm more than sure she would have called or texted someone...if she were following him to his house for him to fix her car. The only plausible scenario IMO is the HALF TRUTH that RAT gave - the drug deal- or what Alexis THOUGHT was going to be. Maybe RAT told Alexis that he could get some weed, maybe he has been dealing her weed and became obsessed with her. IMO I don't understand why ppl are so hell bent on believing she did not smoke weed...I think is more probable than not that she did - it's apart of the American teenage culture now, and it doesn't make her a bad person if she did. I don't mean to attack anyone..I'm speaking in general - sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't discount weed being a part of the grooming/possible lure to his house at all. On her SM that day she made a reference to wanting "a blunt"....
and also wanting a new phone. Rat sees doors opening here, IMo...
Alexis' father described his daughter as a fearful person, Rat had to do something to decondition her to any fear of him she may have had.
Your argument that she would have had time and cause to message someone if her car was causing troubles makes too much sense.

2Hope4: But I read some of the traffic cameras are "live" cameras, and there is not a recording of past images? Don't know if this is the case or not.

Meaning if I were driving and and a person that I don't know well tried to flag me down there is NO way I would stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep! And if you have a flat at night, per dear ol'Dad, " I don't care about the rims or the car, keep driving until you find a well lit safe place to stop with lots of people. Don't even get out for a police officer at night. " thanks Dad, I've used your advice too.

Hopefully one of those phones is RAT's and they can see if he was watching her online or it was totally random.

I am more confused than ever. You all make SO MUCH SENSE!

So If I was a girl, I would not buy pot from a man alone in any situation...so she being with the CRD to make a buy makes perfect sense BUT there would be a phone call to CRD or a text so they hook up to go there.... SO, I am guessing that since LE does not appear to be overly excited in finding/charging CRD, that LE does know as a fact, that there are NO TEXTS or phone calls to anyone that evening that fits that description. All these teenage girls her age text constantly... so LE does know exactly who she texted that evening. I am speculating that it was neither CRG or RAT... IF RAT is a suspect in the other Route29 disappearances, those were probably (mostly) stranger attacks. But I really don;t know.. all we know is that LE thinks they have their guy, we have a cell phone and her car and her hair in his trailer and some survellinace video and that is about it. Could be anything! But you are right... the best liars are the ones that tell half or 3/4 truths which make them plausable.

And my daughter is 19 and she has those antennae up all the time (I hope), she knows to call me at any time day or night..and if she had car trouble, even if she was high on grass, she would call me to help her... she knows no questions asked.

Let me ask a question: Will any more details be divulged after if and when the grand jury indicts him?

Multiple witnesses/video (I believe) have Alexis leaving from Liberty and turning onto 29, then stopping at/near his "house." That coming from the witness who saw her car turn onto Cannery Loop from 29. The secluded road doesn't appear to have been a factor in the abduction. IMO she was at his place on her own free will, at which point he sprung whatever trap he had.

I don't think she went there willingly. Then, they wouldn't have him for abduction, and they do. If we have her going there willingly, then there would be room for him to wiggle out, and for an accomplice to wiggle out, of the abduction and ...?.

Many abductions happen in broad daylight. I did find it interesting tho he stated Alexis didn't have a drink or smoke any pot. If she were to be found it's a cover for why no THC in say a hair sample. I hope they have tons on this creepy guy :banghead: Also the number of phones found is disturbing. Are they all from Victims????

I wouldn't toss my phone if I was being adducted...would keep it as long as possible. JMO

totally. We can just about all agree that she didn't throw her phone out her car window. Forced off the road and her phone thrown away right then, or
lost in a struggle and he left it because car(s) were coming--and that's why he was later seen walking down that road, looking for it probs. JMO

I don't think she went there willingly. Then, they wouldn't have him for abduction, and they do. If we have her going there willingly, then there would be room for him to wiggle out, and for an accomplice to wiggle out, of the abduction and ...?.

As far as I understand the law, it makes no difference for the abduction charge if someone went there willingly. It matters only that that person was detained against their will at some point after they arrived.

Based on the time she was seen at the gas station, do we know that there was still light out? Last month, it was still not getting dark until 8:30ish.

Im not discounting the weed story.....something made her go there. I dont think he abducted her in daylight at the gas station.

I also find it hard to believe the he abducted her in broad daylight. Route 29 is a heavily-traveled road and I can't imagine he would risk being seen there. I believe something happening on a side road, such as Canery Road, or on his (not too visible) property . . . But, the question remains, why/how did she go to his property or come in contact with him on a side-road???

This is purely my speculation, but I think one of two things happened:

1.) They spoke at the gas station, discussed weed and agreed to meet at his house for a transaction. While there, he attacked her. Her phone was subsequently turned off by RAT or battery drained on its own.

2.) Somehow he got her to turn on the desolate Cannery Road and attacked her there, then took her (with her phone) to his property. Once he realized she had the phone, he turned it off.

With either of these two scenarios, there was a +/- 40 hour time period between the incident and when her car was first spotted at Carmike. Again, I am speculating, but I believe he drove her car to the theater in the late night/early hours of Saturday or Sunday. And then walked back to Nelson. I really don't think there is an accomplice. He is a loner; no real friends and estranged from all family except his son (and as a co-parent, his x-wife).

I think he either walked away from the theater and then called someone to pick him up (possibly from the apartments the scent was tracked to) or he walked home. The walk to Nelson is far, but not impossible in the timeframe he had. If he got a ride, I think LE knows about it (used his cell phone to call), but the driver is not a person-of-interest. If he walked, I believe LE would have picture of him somewhere on the road or reports from passerby. The roads to get from the theater to his house are heavily traveled and consist of many busy intersections with cameras (I've received a "ticket-by-mail" and a picture of me making an illegal u-turn at one of them) . . . the film quality is GOOD! . . . it would be virtually impossible to walk from the theater to his house thru the woods/all backroads. At some point, you'd have to be on a major road. . . . and hopefully be caught on film.

Does anyone recall if the 7:00pm-ish phone ping was the LAST ping? If a full phone charge lasts 24 hours, her phone could have possibly continued to ping until Sunday. Dosen't the pinging still occur until you take the battery out (even if turned off)?

I believe he HAD to have taken her phone from her. I can't imagine that she would have turned off her phone (unless forced). So, I'm guessing that if the last ping was at 7:00pm-ish, that RAT was the one the threw/hid the phone in the gulley, sometime after the abduction. If the last ping was the next day (or whenever the battery died), I'd speculate that her phone was dropped in the gulley as she was fighting him, during the abduction.

My apologies for ranting and going in a bunch of different directions, but my mind is racing . . . . I wish they would just find her and have enough evidence to convict the assailant(s). Again, all of the above is just my opinion, based on what I have read/heard.

From what I can find, the Commonwealth of Virginia Code defines abduction as:

"Any person who, by force, intimidation or deception, and without legal justification or excuse, seizes, takes, transports, detains or secretes another person with the intent to deprive such other person of his personal liberty or to withhold or conceal him from any person, authority or institution lawfully entitled to his charge, shall be deemed guilty of "abduction."

So, even if she went to his place willingly and then he wouldn't let her leave, an abduction has been committed. . . . IMO

Based on the time she was seen at the gas station, do we know that there was still light out? Last month, it was still not getting dark until 8:30ish.

I looked it up awhile back, and from what i remember, that day in Lovingston, the sunset was around 8:25ish. She was at the gas station around 7, her last cell phone call was to her voicemail around 7:20 and RAT claimed that she left his trailer just before dark.

2Hope4: But I read some of the traffic cameras are "live" cameras, and there is not a recording of past images? Don't know if this is the case or not.

I am certain that some cameras along Route 29 and not live cameras. I live in the area and recently got a ticket in the mail for making an illegal u-turn. Attached to the ticket was a picture of my car. The photo was very clear! . . . . . so clear that the license place was easily visible.

But, I don't know whether these intersection cameras are constantly snapping photos or if they are only triggered to take pictures when the light changes.

Regardless, if RAT drove her car up Route 29 (the only way to get to the Carmike Theater), I think there has to be a picture of the vehicle somewhere (possibly at the intersection or Rio Road and 29). Unfortunately, depending on the angle, photo qualify, and time of day, it may not be possible to tell who is driving the car.

. . . IMO

I am discounting the weed theory all together. First of all she would not have went over RaTs for some weed she didn't even smoke any weed according to RaT at his house who goes to get some weed from a man looking like that seriously. SECOND his car was seen on camera behind hers not infront leading the way. I strongly believe he flagged her down. I would get out if someone said there is something wrong with:banghead: your car to see what it was then I would make the decisions on calling my dad or turning around to g:banghead: to back home.

Yes, it was still light out. In this area, on the day she was last seen . . .
Sunrise: 6:18am
Sunset: 8:22pm

I am discounting the weed theory all together. First of all she would not have went over RaTs for some weed she didn't even smoke any weed according to RaT at his house who goes to get some weed from a man looking like that seriously. SECOND his car was seen on camera behind hers not infront leading the way. I strongly believe he flagged her down. I would get out if someone said there is something wrong with:banghead: your car to see what it was then I would make the decisions on calling my dad or turning around to g:banghead: to back home.

I think its highly possible the whole weed thing is bs, and purely an attempt to justify why her hair was in his camper.

I think She would only go to Rts if there was something she needed there more important then her shopping or hair appt or if there was someone she trusted involved.

BTW, I can't believe they found her phone. THAT IS HUGE (and not a good sign for finding Alexis alive IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd