Victim: Megan Waterman, 22, missing June 2010, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *Rex Heuermann charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know she went there with him. But it appears she ditched him and the phone. Why. Like Amber was she told come spend the night and offered big money. I remembet DS say Ambet was offered 1500 to spend the night. Was MB offered big money? She said she was going to Long Island. They ditch the guys then phones. All are dead

you just pointed out something.
are you saying that megan DITCHED her phone?

i was always under the impression that she HAD her phone on - and RECEIVED the call from akeem cruz at 1:30 - that she answered her phone and confirmed....she was on her way to her appointment - or getting instructions from cruz.

now - these girls are known to have more than one phone - so one phone could have been left in her room - and the phone she (received the call?) from akeem cruz...could have been tossed out of the car....

meaning....she left the hotel room WITH her phone and the LISK - discarded her phone. only cruz...and the police (and i guess the families) know if she left the room WITH a phone - that could have been a burner. omg. that's HUGE.

I believe it was the last two victims MW and ALC left without phones. Akeem said he went back to the room and she was gone.

The phone I believe was left in the hotel room when she left. If you recall MB mother received a call from the killer asking her if she filed a missing persons report. He said he was NYPD. I think after that he was able to get the last two victims to leave their phones behind.He did not want their phones to be traced.

The phone I believe was left in the hotel room when she left. If you recall MB mother received a call from the killer asking her if she filed a missing persons report. He said he was NYPD. I think after that he was able to get the last two victims to leave their phones behind.He did not want their phones to be traced.

may i please ask you if you mean melissa barthelemay's mom?
or megan waterman's mom received a call at work from LISK saying he was nypd?

are u sure they said nypd? or scpd?

thank you

Yes I am talking about Millissa B mom. I dont know where she was when she received the call. The caller said he was NYPD? I think that was on 48 hours that aired in June.2012

It was after she recieved that call that he made one more call to the younger sister saying he killed MB. After that the last two victims left without phones. I guess he did not want to push his luck.

It was after she recieved that call that he made one more call to the younger sister saying he killed MB. After that the last two victims left without phones. I guess he did not want to push his luck.

melissa barthelemy was missing as of july 10, 2009.
the little sister received the call that melissa was dead at 1am on august 26, 2009. August 26 is barbara hackett's birthday.

a whole YEAR before shannan was killed.

alc was sept 2, 2010 just 3 months after megan.

then....the girls were discovered dec. 11 and 13, 2010.

serial killers dont stop till they're caught.

there have to be other girls. there HAS to be.
where are they is THE BIG QUESTION.

in may 2010 the police searched for shannan back in oak beach.

in june 2010 megan was killed.

in august 2010 the police took cars for forensic evidence and searched homes with the cadaver dogs.

in september 2010 alc was killed.

i think jb left oak beach permanently in dec. 2010...not sure... does anyone know? when he went back to his mama's house in west islip?

the first vigil for shannan was may 1, 2011

the second vigil for shannan was may 3, 2011

the first vigil for megan waterman was june 11, 2011

jj, mg et al went into dr. hackett's home august 2011. (i read mr. fieldnotes blog - i dont know the exact date
would you have the exact date mr. fieldnotes? thank you.)

a vigil for shannan's birthday was around october 24, 2011 (mr. fieldnotes - would you know the exact date of that vigil?)

vigil for gilgo 4 victims at oak beach parking lot december 13, 2011

shannan gilbert found and leaves oak beach with medical examiner december 13, 2011

a fundraiser for gb4 and shannan was at a comedy club in wantagh on december 14, 2011

a fundraiser for the gf4 with monies to be applied to crimestoppers scpd fund to catch the long island serial killer April 21, 2012 in Colchester, CT called Stunts 4 Justice

a vigil to remember the gb4 and shannan was held at Oak Beach parking lot on December 15, 2012

just wondering.....

if this time line of gb4 and their death and vigils for the girls belongs on another thread...
please let me know - it just.....
one has to wonder if mw was killed in june to blow off stress of police searching in oak beach for shannan in may

and one has to wonder if alc was killed in september to blow off stress of police searching cars and homes for shannan in august.

also - i seem to recall mari gilbert had some press conferences with her lawyer.
does anyone know the dates
a) she was at oak beach with her lawyer AFTER (a month or two?) shannan came out of oak beach
b) she was at oak beach? or was it hauppauge? or was it riverhead? with her lawyer to announce the lawsuit against Dr. Hackett - does anyone know that date? to add to this gb4 and shannan gilbert timeline?
c) and does anyone have the exact date that Dr. Hackett's response to the Gilbert lawsuit was filed with the court?
thank you.

Your right. They dont stop until they are caught. Theres probably more bodies somewhere. Im not familar with all the dates but the suit was filed in River Head. Im trying to find where I heard MW left her phone behind. I read PB post. Said killer could live NYC. Including the Bx. A young woman stepped out of her apt. to go shopping. She lived near Yankee Stadium. She was found in a garbage bag in Yonkers. So many predators.

Your right. They dont stop until they are caught. Theres probably more bodies somewhere. Im not familar with all the dates but the suit was filed in River Head. Im trying to find where I heard MW left her phone behind. I read PB post. Said killer could live NYC. Including the Bx. A young woman stepped out of her apt. to go shopping. She lived near Yankee Stadium. She was found in a garbage bag in Yonkers. So many predators.

thank you
what i dont understand is
its been reported that akeem cruz called megan waterman at 1:30am.

its been reported that megan waterman was last seen at 1:30am leaving the hotel

i thought....she took his call...while walking away from the hotel.
so..she had her phone with her...

and...you are saying
she ditched her phone.....(or did she?) was it tossed from the car...
so maybe she HAD her phone with her and HE disposed of it.
that is a different twist on things, dont you think?

i wonder how we find out....if she took his call in the hotel room and THEN left...without her phone
or took akeem cruz's phone call on her cell phone....and somehow
was separated from her cell phone
in the interum....of events..that evening.

thank you

and...you are saying

i wonder how we find out....if she took his call in the hotel room and THEN left...without her phone.
I remember being left with the impression she left her phone in her room. I have to try and find whete I mmay have read that or heard it on one of shows about.the LISK?

All the men who were involved with all the women who were found dead should be arrested. They all contributed to their deaths in one way or another. PIMPS! DRIVERS SLIMY BOYFRIENDS! AND THE MEN WHO PAY FOR SEX? GET A GIRLFRIEND.

thank you

and...you are saying

i wonder how we find out....if she took his call in the hotel room and THEN left...without her phone
I found it .Go to YOUTUBE and watch Americas serial killer-True stories. The show is in 4 parts. In part 2 Megans mom states that Akeem called her mom and said that Megan called him and said she was going to go to the storevand would call him when she got back. The call never came. He went to the hotel and she was not there. The narrator said Amber just like Megan left without her phone and bag.

thank you

and...you are saying

Here is clarification;

Cruz and Waterman left Portland by bus on June 1, bound for Manhattan, police and family said. Waterman checked into a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Hauppauge. Cruz uploaded Craigslist ads, the warrant said, with a photo and cellphone number of a woman her family says is Waterman.

On June 4, Waterman called Haycock with some news: Cruz wanted her to have his child and she would no longer have to work as a prostitute. "I never heard her as happy as she was that day," Haycock said.

Her family finds what happened the next night puzzling.

At 8 p.m. June 5, the hotel security camera captured Cruz and Waterman leaving the hotel together, said Waterman's mother, Lorraine Ela. At 8:30, Waterman entered the hotel alone, Ela said.

Around 1:15 a.m., Waterman got a call from Cruz, Ela said phone records show. It's not known what if anything was said between them. Security video shows Waterman leaving the hotel at 1:30, police said. Ela said she has seen the video, which showed Waterman was alone.

A law enforcement source said she had arranged a date without Cruz's knowledge and met the man in his car.

At 11 a.m. on June 6, Cruz called Benner, asking about Waterman's whereabouts.

"She was supposed to be with you?" Benner said she responded. "Where is Megan?"

http://www.newsday.com/news/did-gilgo-victims-let-their-guards-down-1.2950472?p=216331

I must add that the information about her going to a store was all a rumor that started in one of these discussions when a few members tried speculating where she could have been walking. Since it is an industrial park area on the side of the Long Island Expressway, the only retail establishment within walking distance was a convenience store at a gas station at the next major intersection. Someone suggested maybe she was walking to that store and was abducted along the way. It was purely speculation. This is a good example of how rumors are started and people start to regard them as facts.

What should be more on everyone's mind about that evening is how did law enforcement know that she set a date without Cruz knowing and how do they know that she walked to meet him at his car UNLESS the detectives have a lead or a video of this and are withholding from the public for some important reason.

Thats what I thought. They are lgoing to second locations. The posters did not spread rumors about her going to the store. A keem said she called him and said shes going to the store. A caller asked Amber to meet him at the same hotel Megan was at. She said no. If she agreed would she have been lured to a second location? Possibly been killed that nite. She usually worked out of her house and on that nite she went to a second location. In my opinion he was going to get her one way or the other.

Megan left her phone and bag behind. LE probably check her phone and the lasr call is from the killer.

Thats what I thought. They are lgoing to second locations. The posters did not spread rumors about her going to the store. Akeem said she called him and said shes going to the store. A caller asked Amber to meet him at the same hotel Megan was at. She said no. If she agreed would she have been lured to a second location? Possibly been killed that nite. She usually worked out of her house and on that nite she went to a second location. In my opinion he was going to get her one way or the other.

Curious where that was reported.

I keep searching and all I can find is this statement;

Around 1:15 a.m., Waterman got a call from Cruz, Ela said phone records show. It's not known what if anything was said between them

Curious where that was reported.

I keep searching and all I can find is this statement;

Its in my earlier post. The documentary called Americas Serial Killer-True Stories. You will hear Megans mom say Akeem called and said Megan had called him and said she was going to the store and would call him back when she returned. She never called or returned.

I would put more validity into what her mother says than what the media puts in print

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back