Victim: Megan Waterman, 22, missing June 2010, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *Rex Heuermann charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the real world, sentences mean absolutely nothing.

The judge said 2 1/2 years to make the family and everyone happy.

Here is just one of hundreds of examples of how convicts like Cruz can apply for and be granted reductions in the amount of time they serve using the programs that our government has put in place for them;

Sex offender slated for early release

News of the early release upset Porter Superior Court Judge Roger Bradford, who recently "vehemently" denied a request to allow Vincent Angotti, 48, to be released as soon as Feb. 8 into a community transition program.

Bradford said he realized when he sentenced Angotti in March 2008 to 18 years behind bars and 10 years of formal probation, the defendant could be out in half that time with good behavior. That put Angotti's initial release date at March 4, 2017.

"How he can qualify for any type of release in less than five years from his sentencing date on an 18-year sentence defies logic," Bradford wrote in his denial of the community transition program.

Also upset by the news is a mother of one of the young victims, who said her family had agreed to the original plea deal that resulted in Angotti's conviction.

"This is NOT what we bargained for ... we are very disappointed that he will be serving less than half of the 9 years," she wrote in a statement requested by The Times.

Angotti is doing to the judicial system what he did to at least 2 families ... all the while laughing and knowing he's getting away with it," she said. "What a horrible message this is sending out to all the other silent victims."

Douglas Garrison, chief communications officer at the Indiana Department of Correction, said Angotti has received three years and nine months of credit off his sentence by completing various educational programs at the New Castle Correctional Facility.

Angotti received 730 days off his sentence by completing a bachelor's degree in general studies, 365 days by completing an associate's degree in general arts, 180 days by completing four substance abuse programs and 90 days for a vocational horticulture program.

"This offender has maintained a clear conduct record during his incarceration," Garrison said.

AFAIK, AK was transferred from Maine and the drug trafficking charge back to Brooklyn where the Federal Govt. persued the Promoting Prostitution charges. That is what this case was about and no matter how many months he sat in Portland on the drug charges that time does not have anything to do with the Federal Promoting Prostitution charges. AK, will probably still have to go back to Maine, after he serves out this sentence, in order to be tried for the drug trafficking charges...unless Maine released him from those charges

Anyone know, what the conditions of his transfer were. Had he completed the original court proceedings in Maine with time served? IIRC, he was transferred to NY after staying in jail, awaiting prosecution, on the drug charges. The question is was that time served or time awaiting trial. No matter what, the time he sat in Portland on drug charges cannot be used in the NY Promoting Prostitution case. They are two seperate and distinct cases, correct?

It was brought out today in court today that Akeem has done NOTHING with law enforcement to help with this case. NOTHING. He's been arrogant and full of himself. He's NEVER been remorseful or owned up to his part of ruining Megan's life.

and today in court.
it was said - via the mom....that
akeem called her at 1:30 - literally at 1:30
and she was seen leaving the hotel at 1:30

he was calling to make sure she was going to her appointment.
therefore - the judge took into consideration that akeem put her
in DIRECT line of danger. Akeem did not kill her - but it was because
of Akeem putting her in the line of danger that she was murdered.

The judge was wracking his brain to find someway to keep Akeem behind bars for a long long time, but he must abide by the laws on the books. Three years it is - and he SAID - HE WILL SERVE 2 1/2 YEARS and be on probation for 3 years under the Attorney General when he gets out.

And folks that's IF he gets out in 2 1/2 years..there are all sorts of fist fights, razors, shanks, and other assorted sundry troublesome things for a arrogant 23 year old like Akeem to find himself in the middle of....only to make sure he gets new charges IN prison - to KEEP HIM IN PRISON for a long long time.

It is reasonable to assume that Mr. Cruz would have some knowledge of who and where Megan Waterman was going to meet.

One has to believe that pimps have an active interest in the activities of their 'girls'. To me if I had a girl working for me, I would want to keep a close eye on her activities, so she was not 'free-lancing' and cheating me out of my money. As well it is the pimp's responsibility to ensure his girl stays healthy, and is not abused by the john. I have to believe therefore that Akeem Cruz, knows some details that are relevant. These details may seem insignificant but could be the missing piece of the puzzle.

Of course with this sort of individual, there is no way will he cooperate with LE. That is so frustrating. I would not mind him getting out of jail early if he were to cooperate with LE.

When was the last time SCPD interviewed Akeem Cruz? For his cooperation they could recommend to his warden that he get 'soft-time' for his duration in jail if he were to provide useful and true information.

LE needs to use every trick in the book to get this case solved.

MOO

AFAIK, AK was transferred from Maine and the drug trafficking charge back to Brooklyn where the Federal Govt. persued the Promoting Prostitution charges. That is what this case was about and no matter how many months he sat in Portland on the drug charges that time does not have anything to do with the Federal Promoting Prostitution charges. AK, will probably still have to go back to Maine, after he serves out this sentence, in order to be tried for the drug trafficking charges...unless Maine released him from those charges

Anyone know, what the conditions of his transfer were. Had he completed the original court proceedings in Maine with time served? IIRC, he was transferred to NY after staying in jail, awaiting prosecution, on the drug charges. The question is was that time served or time awaiting trial. No matter what, the time he sat in Portland on drug charges cannot be used in the NY Promoting Prostitution case. They are two separate and distinct cases, correct?

Very good question Just K.

Akeem was arrested in August 2010 for the drug charge;

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Maine-Scarborough-Akeem-Cruz-Megan-Waterman-boyfriend-arrest.html

He plead guilty and received a conviction of 20 month on the drug charges;

Akeem Cruz, 21. Cruz now is in the Maine Correctional Center in Windham, serving 20 months for drug trafficking.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/missing-mainer-confirmed-dead_2011-01-20.html

He was due to be released for the drug Charges in April 2012 but due to good behavior, he was scheduled to be released in January 2012. A day or two before being released in January 2012, he was transferred to the Metropolitan Detention Center (The MDC) in Brooklyn where he has been held on remand ever since for the Federal charges.

On April 11, 2012, he pleaded guilty to the Federal charges and has remained in the detention center in Brooklyn ever since.

So despite the rumors being spread, Akeem isn't waiting for a conviction on the drug charges and he hasn't been sitting in jail this entire time on the drug related charges. If it wasn't for the Federal charges, Akeem would have been a free man one year ago because he was already convicted and already served his time for the drug charges from Maine.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

he was in prison for DRUG TRAFFICKING

he was sentenced yesterday under the MANN ACT
two separate things

No, he was already convicted of the drug trafficking charges and already served his time for those charges. The Feds are very, very smart. They waited until the moment he was about to be released from the jail in Maine to transfer him to Brooklyn and charge him with the Federal charges.

His sentence for the drug trafficking charges has been up since January 2012. All this time he has sat in jail in Brooklyn has been ONLY for the Federal charges.

You are correct, they are two separate things.

Oh yeah- over here in Brooklyn we have the Brooklyn CCC on Myrtle Avenue.

They are a Federal Halfway House (list of Federal Halfway Houses) where non-violent offenders serve the last part of their sentences living in the community instead of behind bars.

I keep forgetting to mention that Akeem might be eligible to finish the last part of what is left of his prison term here or in one of the other homes starting in June of this year.

It is reasonable to assume that Mr. Cruz would have some knowledge of who and where Megan Waterman was going to meet.

One has to believe that pimps have an active interest in the activities of their 'girls'. To me if I had a girl working for me, I would want to keep a close eye on her activities, so she was not 'free-lancing' and cheating me out of my money. As well it is the pimp's responsibility to ensure his girl stays healthy, and is not abused by the john. I have to believe therefore that Akeem Cruz, knows some details that are relevant. These details may seem insignificant but could be the missing piece of the puzzle.

Of course with this sort of individual, there is no way will he cooperate with LE. That is so frustrating. I would not mind him getting out of jail early if he were to cooperate with LE.

When was the last time SCPD interviewed Akeem Cruz? For his cooperation they could recommend to his warden that he get 'soft-time' for his duration in jail if he were to provide useful and true information.

LE needs to use every trick in the book to get this case solved.

MOO

Agree 100% and I sure wish that we could get EVERY SINGLE piece of info on that 1:30 AM call Cruz made to Megan Waterman that night.

Agree 100% and I sure wish that we could get EVERY SINGLE piece of info on that 1:30 AM call Cruz made to Megan Waterman that night.

it would be nice if we could tie the other pimp to the location during THESE days, not just his previous arrest

Theres no truth in sentencing. This is clear to those who are attorneys, those who work in LE and victims. The man who came into my place while we were all in bed NEVER SEARVED A DAY? And its not because he wasnt caught.

I was just pointing out how these scumbags end up back on the street in no time. Usually they go right back to illegal activites.

These are the guys you read about it who are lifelong criminals, get out of jail early on some BS technicality and end up killing some model citizen.

Meanwhile, I would be in jail longer if I got caught Jaywalking because I have kept my nose clean my whole life and do not know how to work the jail system.

If he goes to a halfway house maybe he will confide in someone. That someone should get him on tape. It can be done. If LE wanted they could make it happen QUID PRO QUO.

Here is info, from July 2010, on Megan Watermans phonecalls in the hours up to her disappearance.
I have never before read that she talked to her relatived at 12 PM that night, but apparently she did.

http://www.keepmecurrent.com/current/article_ad255bd8-94f1-11df-a23e-001cc4c002e0.html

Related: A CLOSER LOOK – Help find Megan Waterman

Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:54 pm

Quote:

"In the nighttime hours on June 5, Waterman reportedly told Cruz, her boyfriend of 11 months, that she was going out for a little while and would call him later.
According to Meserve, Waterman did call her grandmother -Meserve's mother - at 12 a.m. that night. Waterman and her daughter lived in Scarborough with her grandmother, Muriel Benner. A final call was made on her cell phone at 1:30 a.m., right around the time Waterman was seen on security cameras leaving the hotel.
"Since then there has been no activity on her phone," said Meserve.
Ela said she hasn't spoken with her daughter since June 5, and when she last spoke to her, she did not detect anything suspicious in either Waterman's voice or the nature of the phone call.
"She sounded like normal Megan," Ela said."

And here are descriptions of Megan Watermans tatooes. This info is also from July 2010:

http://www.keepmecurrent.com/a-clos...cle_a4050e7c-94f1-11df-bcc5-001cc4c002e0.html

Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:58 pm | Updated: 1:59 pm, Wed Jul 21, 2010.
0 comments

"Megan Waterman is listed as 5 feet 5 inches tall and 140 pounds with brown or bleached blond hair. She has birthmarks on her forearm and the right side of her face and a tattoo reading "Liette" on her upper left arm, a Capricorn sign on her lower left arm and a tribal design with a heart in the center on her lower back.Anyone with information about Waterman should call the Scarborough Police Department at 883-6361; Suffolk County, N.Y., Police at 631-854-8400 or Scarborough's anonymous crime tip hotline at 730-4200, ext. 3093."

And in this link there are som interresting/disturbing comments (dated September 7, 2010 ) alleged from Megan Waterman's brother.
Wheter that IS her brother, I dont know, actually I didn´t even know that she had a brother.

http://timesupblog.blogspot.dk/2010/09/is-craigslist-responsible-for-missing.html

Here is info, from July 2010, on Megan Watermans phonecalls in the hours up to her disappearance.
I have never before read that she talked to her relatived at 12 PM that night, but apparently she did.

http://www.keepmecurrent.com/current/article_ad255bd8-94f1-11df-a23e-001cc4c002e0.html

Related: A CLOSER LOOK – Help find Megan Waterman

Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:54 pm

Quote:

"In the nighttime hours on June 5, Waterman reportedly told Cruz, her boyfriend of 11 months, that she was going out for a little while and would call him later.
According to Meserve, Waterman did call her grandmother -Meserve's mother - at 12 a.m. that night. Waterman and her daughter lived in Scarborough with her grandmother, Muriel Benner. A final call was made on her cell phone at 1:30 a.m., right around the time Waterman was seen on security cameras leaving the hotel.
"Since then there has been no activity on her phone," said Meserve.
Ela said she hasn't spoken with her daughter since June 5, and when she last spoke to her, she did not detect anything suspicious in either Waterman's voice or the nature of the phone call.
"She sounded like normal Megan," Ela said."

And here are descriptions of Megan Watermans tatooes. This info is also from July 2010:

http://www.keepmecurrent.com/a-clos...cle_a4050e7c-94f1-11df-bcc5-001cc4c002e0.html

Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:58 pm | Updated: 1:59 pm, Wed Jul 21, 2010.
0 comments

"Megan Waterman is listed as 5 feet 5 inches tall and 140 pounds with brown or bleached blond hair. She has birthmarks on her forearm and the right side of her face and a tattoo reading "Liette" on her upper left arm, a Capricorn sign on her lower left arm and a tribal design with a heart in the center on her lower back.Anyone with information about Waterman should call the Scarborough Police Department at 883-6361; Suffolk County, N.Y., Police at 631-854-8400 or Scarborough's anonymous crime tip hotline at 730-4200, ext. 3093."

And in this link there are som interresting/disturbing comments (dated September 7, 2010 ) alleged from Megan Waterman's brother.
Wheter that IS her brother, I dont know, actually I didn´t even know that she had a brother.

http://timesupblog.blogspot.dk/2010/09/is-craigslist-responsible-for-missing.html

According to a FB account, she does have a brother. I found the page last night. In addition: A "good friend," of her's (BB) said, on her FB page, that MW was hanging out with her and another female friend at BB's home the night before she disappeared. This BB, has two children with a guy from the Bronx and the two of them lived in Lewiston, ME when the second son was born. I bookmarked lots of info from the local newspapers of South Portland, last night. It was all very interesting and I also found her older cousin. She organized an auction to get donations to help keep the search for MW active.

Thank you TF for that. I hadn't read that blog before. If it was her brother it sounds as if the family was in turmoil even before MW went missing. So sad. :( I have to agree that mothers have a responsibility to instill self worth in their daughters. The problem is generational, if it wasn't instilled in the mother, she wouldn't know how to instill it in her daughter.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back