Victim - Melissa Barthelemy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kolker I believe was quoting the DB article in Lost Girls

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

They wanted to know about the john on Long Island. They asked if he could describe the house and if he could pick it out if he was taken there. He said he could.
"They already knew about the guy in Long Island," he said. "I said if they come to get me I would go. They didn't come."

Yes ...and in my opinion, her story was very tragic. Never hear anything about her family missing her.

Didn't the caller tell Melissa little sister he was watching her body rot? How and where is this killer doing this? Does he wait for bones only before he dumps them? Maybe his method on the gb4 changed because of the evolution of DNA and he worried about covering his *advertiser censored*.

They wanted to know about the john on Long Island. They asked if he could describe the house and if he could pick it out if he was taken there. He said he could.
"They already knew about the guy in Long Island," he said. "I said if they come to get me I would go. They didn't come."

Haven't I already pasted this? It seems like you aren't understanding the discrepancy

I've been corrected Mike, you are right this part is sourced from Daily Beast. My bad, I thought this info about Blaze knowing where Melissa went that night came from an interview for the book

Stating the obvious but just because the cops didn't bring Blaze as a ride along doesn't mean they didn't check that john out. Far from it. He was a clear POI.

Stating the obvious but just because the cops didn't bring Blaze as a ride along doesn't mean they didn't check that john out. Far from it. He was a clear POI.

Definitely! They had Blaze describe the house. I know many people disagree with me, but don't forget this article. http://nypost.com/2011/04/08/cops-eyeing-suspect-in-grisly-long-island-murders/
The question is why was her voicemail checked at those two motels in Massapequa?

"Police believe they know the identity of the Long Island Ripper, The Post has learned"

If the killer had Melissa over to house, he probably wasnt married. Its pretty stupid for married johns to have pimps and girls to their house. And Blaze implied it was regular. But if Melissa was going to this guys house why the two motels? So maybe thats not where she went

Seems like the killer targeted the girls at night. When its dark. Did JT mention time of day or night Melissa was last seen?

If the killer had Melissa over to house, he probably wasnt married. Its pretty stupid for married johns to have pimps and girls to their house. And Blaze implied it was regular. But if Melissa was going to this guys house why the two motels? So maybe thats not where she went
He probably wasn't married unless she worked with him. May explain lowered defense mechanisms. Perhaps, scarily, a team like the Wests.

He probably wasn't married unless she worked with him. May explain lowered defense mechanisms. Perhaps, scarily, a team like the Wests.

Whats the Wests?

Fred and Rosemary West - a couple of British serial killers

The Wests are well known to Ripperologists but not well known here in the States. We (not the Royal We!) think that LISK might be a similar husband/wife team. Obviously that is a long debate in and of itself and it is speculation on our part.

But participants here might be interested in this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Evil-Love-Geoffrey-Wansell/dp/0747217602

A used hardcover is pretty cheap. It's a good, albeit horrifying, read.

Rosemary West was an active participant with her husband Fred and her presence around the house and in the car reassured a lot of victims that things were OK.

What makes you think that LISK might be a man and woman working together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes you think that LISK might be a man and woman working together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to speak for Robert but IIRC it is because a woman's presence may have made the girls more willing to go with LISK...I'm sure he will answer for himself when he's available.

The Wests are well known to Ripperologists but not well known here in the States. We (not the Royal We!) think that LISK might be a similar husband/wife team. Obviously that is a long debate in and of itself and it is speculation on our part.

But participants here might be interested in this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Evil-Love-Geoffrey-Wansell/dp/0747217602

A used hardcover is pretty cheap. It's a good, albeit horrifying, read.

Rosemary West was an active participant with her husband Fred and her presence around the house and in the car reassured a lot of victims that things were OK.

Yes
LISK is Dr. and Mrs. Hackett.

Yes
LISK is Dr. and Mrs. Hackett.

Accusing innocent people of murder is not cool but I'll give you this, at least this time it's in an actual murder victims thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper