UK Victoria Taylor, 34, last seen at home 9am, Malton North Yorks, 30 Sep 24.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fair enough if they don’t want input from mediums/psychics etc however asking what she was last wearing is surely a valid question if you are asking people to help search for her.
The family have said it was her own home she left,not the in-laws.
They don’t seem to like any questions other than ones directed at searching… they also don’t like the media yet push to have the story in the media

So now we don't know for sure whether or not she went with him to his parents' home? I thought they said they both went, and she left there alone? If so, did she leave without telling anyone there that she was leaving? That, to me, makes all the difference.

So now we don't know for sure whether or not she went with him to his parents' home? I thought they said they both went, and she left there alone? If so, did she leave without telling anyone there that she was leaving? That, to me, makes all the difference.
Been clarified she left from her own home. Don’t know where it came from she was at her in laws home but here we are

Been clarified she left from her own home. Don’t know where it came from she was at her in laws home but here we are
From the article linked below:

"The 34-year-old was last seen at 9am on Monday with her husband Matthew and their two-year-old daughter. She was Facetiming siblings.

Matthew and Victoria then left with their daughter to visit his parents but she left the house and did not return, her sister Heidi Baker said."

ETA slightly more clear wording here from article below.

"Matthew and Victoria then left with their daughter to visit his parents. Victoria then left his parents' house and did not return, her sister Heidi Baker said.

She is believed to have been heading towards a community library."

From the article linked below:

"The 34-year-old was last seen at 9am on Monday with her husband Matthew and their two-year-old daughter. She was Facetiming siblings.

Matthew and Victoria then left with their daughter to visit his parents but she left the house and did not return, her sister Heidi Baker said."

ETA slightly more clear wording here from article below.

"Matthew and Victoria then left with their daughter to visit his parents. Victoria then left his parents' house and did not return, her sister Heidi Baker said.

She is believed to have been heading towards a community library."

OK, now we're back to her having gone with him to his parents' house, along with their daughter too! OK, so my question still is, did she just take off and leave his parents' house without saying anything to anyone? Or worse, did she leave after an argument? Or was it planned that she was going to leave and they were staying there? What is this about the library? Did she say she was going there? I thought someone here said it was closed that day. Seems pretty important!

What is the temperature like of the water in that river her things were found by? And was it a cold day? Also, I hate to ask, but can she swim? And is this a very low-crime area?

Fair enough if they don’t want input from mediums/psychics etc however asking what she was last wearing is surely a valid question if you are asking people to help search for her.
Oftentimes on these pages you get multiple people repeatedly asking the same questions, and it can be frustrating for page moderators. Add in the anxiety over a missing friend and it's not unusual for a bit of frustration to show.

OK, now we're back to her having gone with him to his parents' house, along with their daughter too! OK, so my question still is, did she just take off and leave his parents' house without saying anything to anyone? Or worse, did she leave after an argument? Or was it planned that she was going to leave and they were staying there? What is this about the library? Did she say she was going there? I thought someone here said it was closed that day. Seems pretty important!

What is the temperature like of the water in that river her things were found by? And was it a cold day? Also, I hate to ask, but can she swim? And is this a very low-crime area?
I think the DM might have been copying parts from previous articles and mashing bits of new stuff in the mix. This new info that VT was at home and that was the last confirmed sighting before the shop has only just come out, I think it's just a case of the article writer not erasing the old info, or perhaps not even being aware that it is incorrect.

Not enough info yet about the library part unless she did say she would go for a walk to the library and then changed her mind (as it was closed?) and went to walk by the river instead.

Right now, the key thing seems to be that the river location and timing seems solid. It's good that they seem to have lots of locals going out walking along the river and hopefully if a piece of clothing or anything comes loose after being snagged, then they'll spot it and report it quickly, and that could be very helpful.

Here is river level info for the River Derwent at Malton. Now, this measurement is simply the one at the measuring point and rivers can vary hugely in depth in only a very short stretch.

I’m a wild swimmer and I swim regularly in local rivers. It looks like the average depth here over the past few days was about 2m. As local rivers go, that’s pretty deep. I didn’t look back to the 30th as couldn’t be asked to download all the data, but my guess would be that it would be the same ish. It would very likely be over Victoria’s head as she is relatively short.

Water temperature at this time of year isn’t as cold as it can be obviously, but for someone not used to cold water and who fell in and experienced cold water shock, it could be very dangerous.

I’d be interested to know where her things were found. I believe the family said that the drinks she bought were in her backpack. But short of her dropping something in the water, taking off her hat and backpack to set them on the riverbank, and trying to retrieve the dropped item and falling in, I just can’t imagine a backpack and hat falling off and landing in the grass in the moment someone slipped and fell into water.

My assumption would be that the backpack would stay on as the person instinctively put their arms out to break their fall. The hat might fly off or come off when hitting the water, but in this scenario, all the belongings would almost certainly end up in the water, not on land. JMO

here a link to the appeal from NY Police https://www.northyorkshire.police.u...r/urgent-appeal-to-find-missing-malton-woman/

I am really wondering whether this picture is of Victoria - where is her pink back pack in this picture and what is she pointing at?
To me this doesn't look like Victoria at all, it looks like someone hiding their identity. Is this who was seen near the river? Wonder how she looked talking to her siblings, obviously they know it was really her. It seems she hasn't been seen by anyone after 9am FaceTime with siblings. MOO

Why did she walk to the BP garage when there's at least 2 places closer, according to the map someone posted? A Tesco Express and another, Could have got bottles of drink there. Maybe even other small shops too.

It’s an M&S and they have their own stuff that the others don’t. Perhaps it’s as simple as preference?

to be fair - if she wanted to jump into the river, she could have done it without wandering around Norton all morning

to be fair - if she wanted to jump into the river, she could have done it without wandering around Norton all morning

Sometimes people's behaviour doesn't make much sense if they are in a bad frame of mind. I remember another case a long time ago when a guy went to a shop to buy something to eat before going off somewhere and ending his life.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back