Video of KC and Baez Crying together to be released UPDATE BAEZ THREATENS TO SUE

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok, did the video get released yet? If so, where is it? If not, why are we still talking about this? 14 pages of speculation? Gosh...

I am one of those who do feel JBP and Suburban are different. I went back and read a report that said that KC's reaction to Suburban came from seeing the news reports on a TV in the Medical Waiting Area. IF that report is true, then I would be happy to agree that her reactions in each incident are examples of consiousness of guilt (sorry if I spelled that wrong). If, however, KC did not 'collapse' until told of the discovery by jail personnel, I will still say you can't compare the two. Just my opinion, of course!

On another note: A couple of posts talk about how KC fell apart before Caylee's remains were even identified. the minute I turned on the TV and saw the coverage, I knew it was Caylee. I doubt anyone who knew anything about the case had any doubts either. While official identification had to be done, I think everyone involved in the case and 99.9% of the general public knew it was Caylee. I didn't take that into consideration when thinking about the two incidents because, to me, it was obvious it was Caylee and they all knew it.

There's a huge difference in her reactions between the JBP and Suburban.

While KC was watching the TV, news came on about a find of remains in the Little Econ River. CO's asked her to return to her cell. KC turned and walked, not bothered at all.

As the news of remains found on Suburban, KC went into hyperventilation mode. The remains were not ID'd until 9 days later. I do agree, as I heard this "Breaking News", in my heart I knew they found Caylee. If KC were truly innocent and had nothing to do with Caylee's death and disposing the remains in a trash bag, why would she think this is Caylee or any different from the Little Econ River find? Yes, definately consciouseness of guilt. All evidence found with Caylee led right back to the Anthony home. How does one rationalize that! Coinidence, not. One is happenstance, two is coincidence and three is enemy actions....this is what is said about coincidences...

KC's game was over at this point, there is no getting around her reactions between the two. This will and must come into play in the courtroom. As much as I'd like to see her reaction I can wait until trial. I do not want this case to be dismissed on a technicality.

Baez seems to feel he has entitlement no other attorney's have. Everyone is videotaped, for their own protection, none have audio. I feel Baez is truly too emotionally involved to properly defend this client, he needs to be far removed from KC and have his intellect defend her and not his "heart"! Besides the fact he's only in practice 3 short years and this case is too big for him. His inexperience may get KC a new trial if he's not careful. I don't want anything to interrupt these proceedings where a mistrial takes place. KC and only KC is responsible for the death and disposal of precious Caylee and Caylee deserves justice. I truly don't want to see KC walk on a technicality!

I tried to find it at that link and couldn't. Would you be able to narrow down which page or comments just before and after it? Many thanks.

I originally posted about Karen's comment, JTennison. You can find her comments here at this link. Very insightful, I think.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18901068/detail.html

(Scroll down below the article to the comment section. Karen's comments are on page 3.)

Hope this helps!

... I am just not believing that Baez could equate the tape with delving into Casey's medical records. And if he is caught on tape exibiting any untoward behavior with his client, tough. He should have behaved himself!

Respectfully snipped.
What I find the most interesting about this is that JB had no concern whatsoever when Cindy's "medical information" was released. Where were his protective motions when her perscriptions were being plastered all over the news?

As interesting as it sometimes is to disect KC's every nuance, I have to agree about FL's sunshine laws. I think they are positively invasive at the level of grand inquisition and often throw people out there who are merely witnesses and innocent bystanders.

Part of the problem is that trials take so long to get started and finished with too much emphasis put on the poor, dear defendant. Justice needs to be more swift, more even handed between the interests the criminal and the victims. Casey's crime is so frustrating (or as KC would say, 'frushtrating.) She 'lost' her child...didn't seem to phase her, never reported her missing. She just partied on until someone else came looking for the baby. Then, when the 'loss' of her child was discovered, she did absolutely nothing to help find her. In fact, she hindered efforts by providing a mountain of false evidence. THAT alone should be enough to lock someone up...at least until the lost child is located. And if the child is located dead and thrown away like trash, nothing else, not one more thing should have to be proven to put away the person who 'lost' that child, when they didn't even have the concern or decency to report the loss while they continued drinking, drugging, having sex and baking lasagna. To have to wait to have that settled is almost unacceptable. To have to hear her proclamed 'innocent,' 'a victim,' borders on unbearable. I think people derive some satisfaction in this case from seeing this dreadful woman on tape. It's not that she's remorseful or pitiful so that one watching revels in her pain. It's that she's so clearly and undeniably guilty which comes through whenever she's seen or heard. With the slow as molasses, over-concerned with the perp justice system we have in this country, that's reassuring on some level, that eventually there will be some justice for little Caylee.

But, again, I do think FL's sunshine laws are way, way over the top. Let it come at trial, and after, but let the trial come sooner.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
This I believe is the first time in history that SOOOO much ELECTRONIC information from computer forensics, cell phone pings, chat logs, text messages, interviews, video has been available. While I am sure the criminal justice courses at universities are happy to have such information to dissect and analyze, I am not sure even as you said "as interesting as it sometimes is to disect KC's every nuance" this is the best thing for society.

We all thought the remainds were Caylees, because of the location the body was found and that female killers tend to dump in their comfort zone. It was found in Caseys comfort zone.

Respectfully snipped.
What I find the most interesting about this is that JB had no concern whatsoever when Cindy's "medical information" was released. Where were his protective motions when her perscriptions were being plastered all over the news?

He is not CA's attorney, why would he say anything?

There's a huge difference in her reactions between the JBP and Suburban.

While KC was watching the TV, news came on about a find of remains in the Little Econ River. CO's asked her to return to her cell. KC turned and walked, not bothered at all.

As the news of remains found on Suburban, KC went into hyperventilation mode. The remains were not ID'd until 9 days later. I do agree, as I heard this "Breaking News", in my heart I knew they found Caylee. If KC were truly innocent and had nothing to do with Caylee's death and disposing the remains in a trash bag, why would she think this is Caylee or any different from the Little Econ River find? Yes, definately consciouseness of guilt. All evidence found with Caylee led right back to the Anthony home. How does one rationalize that! Coinidence, not. One is happenstance, two is coincidence and three is enemy actions....this is what is said about coincidences...

KC's game was over at this point, there is no getting around her reactions between the two. This will and must come into play in the courtroom. As much as I'd like to see her reaction I can wait until trial. I do not want this case to be dismissed on a technicality.

Baez seems to feel he has entitlement no other attorney's have. Everyone is videotaped, for their own protection, none have audio. I feel Baez is truly too emotionally involved to properly defend this client, he needs to be far removed from KC and have his intellect defend her and not his "heart"! Besides the fact he's only in practice 3 short years and this case is too big for him. His inexperience may get KC a new trial if he's not careful. I don't want anything to interrupt these proceedings where a mistrial takes place. KC and only KC is responsible for the death and disposal of precious Caylee and Caylee deserves justice. I truly don't want to see KC walk on a technicality!

Only because I like the devil's advocate:
If Caylee's kidnapper had threatened the child's life if KC didn't cooperate, but did indeed tell KC that Caylee would be "home by her birthday" if she did as told, and skeletal remains (news reports that remains have prob been there at least 4 months) are found this close to home 4 months later--it could have been obvious to KC that all hope was now lost. (I know, I know, I'm just giving options) In that case JB could use all of this in the interest of defense, which may very well be why he's waving it around to get attention.

Question for posters: Who is / was more difficult to listen to try to talk: George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, Casey Anthony or Jose Baez?

LOL, good question! I'd say a toss up between Bush and Baez....The more KC opens her mouth, the more trouble it is, so bring it on!

I think the release of this video is horrible, if the vid we speak of is the discovery of Caylee's remains. What if Casey is innocent and the reaction that we will all salivate over is actually her honest reaction to the discovery of her child's remains? It makes me terribly uncomfortable and I for one, will not watch it. I have no desire to watch any mother come undone, regardless of her involvement. Casey's pain triggers absolutely no delight in me as I imagine it pales in comparison to the pain she has caused others. I live in FL and think the sunshine act needs to be repealed or changed. I feel it is unfair to both the incarcerated and her prosecutors.

Thank you, Lady. This whole video and licorice incident is making me ill. All I can say is CA is innocent until proven guilty, but many say she's guilty until proven innocent. I know it doesn't look good for her, but do we need videos of her peeing by the side of the car, throwing up in a toilet, etc.

Let us all stand in her shoes - then judge.

Sorry JMHO.

Mel

You are welcome, Paintr.

DC might have been allowed in the room with Baez when he met with Casey or even allowed to enter later in the meeting. No way he would have been allowed in the hallway outside by the window, IMO, and would not have been allowed to bring taping equipment into the facility - nor a cell phone into the locked down area.

It's my understanding, and that is because my brother works the LA county jail, is no food is permitted during a client/atty visit. This is why I believe the whole "licorice" incident is a crock.

Best,

Melanie

Thank you, Lady. This whole video and licorice incident is making me ill. All I can say is CA is innocent until proven guilty, but many say she's guilty until proven innocent. I know it doesn't look good for her, but do we need videos of her peeing by the side of the car, throwing up in a toilet, etc.

Let us all stand in her shoes - then judge.

Sorry JMHO.

Mel

I don't want to see her jailhouse videos unless she is confessing in them. I don't really want to see her party pics either. I mostly want to see her psych evaluation and how the case itself plays out. I want our society to study this case over and over, along with the multitude of similar cases in an effort to prevent these tragedies from ever occuring. We do dissect her life and the lives of those involved, because we long to understand how something like this could happen. She is, at the very least, 100% guilty of not telling a single living person that her daughter was gone and that is a cold hard fact-no court of peers needed to prove it. That alone is sickening. If I were her lawyer, I'd be crying all the time and I wouldn't care who taped it or watched it. This is a sob inducing situation if ever there was one. I am almost convinced that JB's lawsuit is made for no other reason than to bring added sensationalism to the tapes anyway-if only for him to use them for KC's benefit.

JB wants the judge to rule on the impropriety now and wants the chit-chat about the tape to stop until the judge rules.

The fact that any of KC's medical needs were announced publically (the sedative) is a violation of her privacy, at least according to The Supremes. The fact that this video-tape was saved rather than taped over as is the normal course of events and then given to the SA looks bad for the prosecution. Taping for security reasons is understandable, saving the tape for trial is another - especially when it is of the client and her attorney.

Too bad it was BAEZ who released the information that Casey needed a sedative.

Only because I like the devil's advocate:
If Caylee's kidnapper had threatened the child's life if KC didn't cooperate, but did indeed tell KC that Caylee would be "home by her birthday" if she did as told, and skeletal remains (news reports that remains have prob been there at least 4 months) are found this close to home 4 months later--it could have been obvious to KC that all hope was now lost. (I know, I know, I'm just giving options) In that case JB could use all of this in the interest of defense, which may very well be why he's waving it around to get attention.

In response to the devil's advocate...

Then why wasn't Casey upset when HLN reported a diver had pulled up finger bones from the Econ river?

Hearing the word "finger bones" should have sent Casey to her knees. Unless Casey knew for a fact Caylee's body was somewhere else.

IMO

I can definitely see how one could read this motion and agree with the ideas he advances. It's weird though, because he doesn't state the appropriate and controlling authority (most recent or factually/jurisdictionally germane) to support his legal arguments.

From what I've read, Florida (with the exception of the recent Broward County case in which prosecutors were removed for listening to atty/client calls) seems to afford inmates fewer protections than one would expect. I think the reality is that ALL inmates are constantly being filmed and monitored-- for their own safety and for the safety of everyone else (including JB). But these tapes are used for internal purposes and don't make it into evidence. IMO JB is putting the cart before the horse here and then imagining that the horse is about to trample him.

IMO we wouldn't even KNOW about these tapes if JB hadn't publicly addressed them in the media. He could have -- and SHOULD HAVE-- discreetly sought to have these tapes reviewed and dealt with privately. I'm sure there are probably tapes of Casey Anthony using the toilet. But I doubt the SA is going to look at them, let alone use them as evidence. We would never know about these tapes unless and until JB decides to spout off about them in the media. (Which he might do, since in the last hearing he felt compelled to reference Casey's panty drawer??:eek:)

The person/entity which comes closest to violating Casey's rights right now appears to be JB-- IMO He should seriously be quiet.

Yes. He should have first filed a plain vanilla MOTION FOR AN IN CAMERA REVIEW of all tapes he believed violated some right or privilege, described them specifically by saying of whom and between date x and date y, and then, during the in camera review, which is done in chambers with the judge and the SA ONLY and off the record, argued the merits of the details, etc. He just doesn't know how to practice effectively. Had he done it the way we do it when we don't want to let the cat out of the bag ourselves, he'd have gotten the merits before the judge and, if he were right, been able to maintain the privacy/secrecy he purportedly desires. He's going to have to argue the merits of what's on those tapes he's requested in the public courtroom, instead of in chambers. :doh:

A seasoned trial attorney would have filed the MOTION FOR IN CAMERA REVIEW with or in connection with filing the MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER, instead of describing the very information he seeks to protect! :doh: The motions should have been filed hand-in-hand, and he should have filed them along with an EMERGENCY REQUEST FOR HEARING UPON BOTH. In essence, he should've filed 3 motions: Motion For In Camera Review, Motion For Protective Order, and Motion For Expedited Hearing Upon Both.

As for the merits of what he asks, it is all over the place, as usual.
JBaez's approach is "Let's throw it all at the wall and see if anything sticks!"
I predict Judge Strickland will deny most of the requests made in this motion as moot and/or as not violative of the law and/or as unsupported by the actual facts of what is on, and is not on, these tapes.

I think JBaez is assuming that these tapes contain audio and I'd be willing to bet that they don't. I also think JBaez is assuming that these tapes contain audio or video of Casey receiving some HIPAA protected "medical treatment," and I'd be willing to bet that they don't. Finally, I, as usual, think JBaez simply doesn't understand that a mere video of he with his client does NOT fall under the attorney-client privilege, as long as it has no audio and does not allow anyone to see what is being written by either of them or to lipread their communications.

He is not CA's attorney, why would he say anything?

I understand your point, and I agree. He has no duty to protect Cindy. However, he is filing a motion to keep George's suicide note out, and he is not George's attorney.

I understand your point, and I agree. He has no duty to protect Cindy. However, he is filing a motion to keep George's suicide note out, and he is not George's attorney.

Probably because the suicide note makes references KC and would paint her in a negative light.

Wow! Absolutely excellent research and post, Chezire! Hope you don't mind me bringing it over because it is very pertinent to this discussion. I especially hope those who don't find JBP and Suburban Dr. similar take the time to read it. THANKS!

Animated1.gif

Lin - You're quite welcome. With so many who weren't here back in November, or who weren't following it as clsoely as some of us, or (like me) simply wanted a reminder of the blow-by-blow, I thought it worth my time to go back through November 13's posts and the posts re: Casey's reaction and the actual reports about same that we were reading and theorizing about.
The exercise sure helped me re: confirmation of the stark differences in her responses...

P.S. LOVELOVELOVE that kitty - is it the Cheshire Cat?!?!?!? :blowkiss:

SNIPPED: "I know, I have participated in that thread but I don't remember anything there about an actual videotape of casey reacting after learning about a possible find at JB park. Speculation sometimes turns to fact on this thread and I'm trying to sort between the two here. I have heard nothing about an actual videotape of casey reacting over the JB park stunt. All I have heard about is a videotape of casey's reaction to the December discovery of a child's body. If there was actually a videotape of the first reaction, you better believe the media would be all over it and so would Baez, in an attempt to stop its release, because it would be a great comparison. ... 2) I have seen no actual evidence that an actual videotape of casey's reaction to the JB Park "find", exists."

ITA - which is why, on the other thread, I've discussed how the information of Casey's reaction could still be introduced into evidence at her trial: the prison officials may testify as to same. I've seen it done and, though certainly NOT as effective as "seeing it yourself," it could still get the job done...could get it done very well, in fact. ;)
See here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3384341#post3384341

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back