GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On an article on the last page there was an odd comment and I'm juts wondering how anyone else read it.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...NEWS07/120326001/melissa-jenkins-st-johnsbury

It's the comment about the family possibly knowing who did this and the comment about the detective. I can't tell if the poster is stating that they used to be a detective or the person they suspect used to be. Anyone?

I think he's saying he was a detective. It says he was some sort of analyst for the military for 20 years or something like that.

On an article on the last page there was an odd comment and I'm juts wondering how anyone else read it.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...NEWS07/120326001/melissa-jenkins-st-johnsbury

It's the comment about the family possibly knowing who did this and the comment about the detective. I can't tell if the poster is stating that they used to be a detective or the person they suspect used to be. Anyone?

The poster is a retired air Force guy. My reading is that he was a detective (but not listed as a current or former licensed investigator in VT)

I wonder why the father of the boy wouldn't comment.... And maybe that would be the reason for him to be unharmed....?

Just guessing and wondering

Prayers

Micci

They didn't live together. She was a single mom. I'm guessing he wouldn't comment because he didn't know what to say (??) or he like the family may suspect someone. IDK

They didn't live together. She was a single mom. I'm guessing he wouldn't comment because he didn't know what to say (??) or he like the family may suspect someone. IDK

With everything or better with what we don't know we end up guessing here.... Poor Melissa and little boy...

But it still kind of bothers me that he didn't come forward......

Blessings

Micci

The poster is a retired air Force guy. My reading is that he was a detective (but not listed as a current or former licensed investigator in VT)

I missed the info about airforce but thanks for confirming(and others) what I thought.

I am just thankful this came to a close 'quickly' for her family, and it sounds to me like LE knows or suspects who did it.

Sounds like the poster is saying he used to be a detective and is saying look to people she knows first...which of course is always true...

I don't think so. Look at it again. The commenter is a former budget analyst for the military, not a detective.

IMO, the fact that "close friend" and "used to be a detective" are separated only by a comma means that the close friend is a former detective. That's just my take on it!

State police Maj. Ed Ledo said investigators looking into Jenkins' suspicious disappearance were checking "remote pull-offs in the greater St. Johnsbury area" when they located a site along the road that had been disturbed, and there they found a body.

Snipped: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...-woman?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

Sounds like no one led them to the body..LE found it on their own.

"The Vermont State Police cannot emphasize the importance of citizens coming forward with any and all information regarding this case," Ledo continued. "We especially want to hear from anyone who may have traveled along Goss Hollow Road in St. Johnsbury on Sunday evening between the hours of 7 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. and along Comerford Dam Road in the town of Barnet.

I think he did the smart thing in not commenting. He is going to be suspected by many people in the general public and anything he says is going to be analyzed ad nauseum.. So whether or not he had anything to do with it, his smartest reaction is to keep his mouth shut IMHO.... We'll see...

Wondering if she went to help a student who maybe had called her and someone intervened. Article above states whe met and advised seniors every morning. Could someone have called her on something on a personal matter? Leaving at that time at night with a toddler who would normally be already tucked in is concerning.

This is so sad, she sounds like a caring, talented individual as well as a teacher. Prayer for her family and especially the little one left behind.

I missed the info about airforce but thanks for confirming(and others) what I thought.

I am just thankful this came to a close 'quickly' for her family, and it sounds to me like LE knows or suspects who did it.

Do you think LE has an idea? I do not have that impression, as yet.

This is so heartbreaking. I hope her little boy gets to live with someone who loves him.

Do you think LE has an idea? I do not have that impression, as yet.

With LE refusing to say at the presser whether or not it was an isolated incident, and them telling the public to be vigilint leads me to believe they are completely unsure right now.

How sad. I do think that LE has evidence/an idea as to who is behind this IMO. R.I.P. Melissa, prayers to your family and your son Ty and your students.

It is interesting that the little boy is staying with a friend, not his father. I hope it stays that way until they are positive that his dad didn't do this. (Unless the "friend" did it...yikes!) I wonder if there any other relatives who could give the child a good home until this is solved?

I don't think so. Look at it again. The commenter is a former budget analyst for the military, not a detective.

IMO, the fact that "close friend" and "used to be a detective" are separated only by a comma means that the close friend is a former detective. That's just my take on it!

You might be right... I thought it looked like he was a career military guy. They don't usually start out as budget analysts. I'm guessing that he meant that he was a detective somewhere along the line.

(I was a private investigator when I was in grad school, but you wouldn't see that on my Facebook page or in a brief resume)

It is interesting that the little boy is staying with a friend, not his father. I hope it stays that way until they are positive that his dad didn't do this. (Unless the "friend" did it...yikes!) I wonder if there any other relatives who could give the child a good home until this is solved?

Is the father also local?

The Sun Times article gave the baby's father's name and said that he was at the resturant where Melissa worked part-time, where friends were gathered. Apparently the place was closed since they found the body and the people who worked there were close to Melissa.

(I may be wrong about the person who commented on one of the news station's articles. It sounds like some of you have seen information on FB that I haven't seen. I'll defer to those who think that the poster is the retired detective, not the friend.)

BBM - per the links below -looks like her son is staying with family? :waitasec:
I hope that's reported correctly and he is with family tonight. Wondering if he
were with friend earlier while search was still active?

"The child is safe with relatives."

http://www.wcax.com/story/17259479/body-found-in-st-johnsbury

"Her son is with family, according to authorities."

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...-woman?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

Very good job by LE to find her, if it happened the way it was reported...JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back