GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting comments on the WCAX-TV facebook page,that a body of a male was found in Barnett of a self-inflicted gunshot a few hours before they found Melissa.They heard it on the scanner.But that detectives are saying it is not related.This could be a rumor but a few
are having a discussion about it over there.I guess we will have to stay tuned to the reports and see what happens.

fwiw...the baby's daddy's name is also a basketball player's name who played for a Vermont team. Melissa was a basketball coach before she had baby T.

With everything or better with what we don't know we end up guessing here.... Poor Melissa and little boy...

But it still kind of bothers me that he didn't come forward......

Blessings

Micci

It's probably better for him that he didn't comment. This early in the case, every word he said would be picked apart. He may be smart enough to know that, or he might just be one of those men of few words. My husband and I have been together 27 years and I know that if I came up missing, he would never talk to reporters. He would answer questions from LE, but never on camera for the news. I guarantee it.

With LE refusing to say at the presser whether or not it was an isolated incident, and them telling the public to be vigilint leads me to believe they are completely unsure right now.

I agree, and the fact that she was found so quickly will be a big help.. The amount of time between a homicide and discovery of the body has a lot to do with how quickly the case is solved.
It's also possible that the little boy was able to give a first name, at least. Some 2 yr olds are very verbal, and he could be closer to 3. At that age, my oldest was able to give directions to places he had been that I was not sure of, using landmarks to identify where to turn.

The discovery of a body believed to be that of teacher Melissa Jenkins, whose SUV was found earlier this week still running with her 2-year-old son inside, has left police alarmed that whoever might have harmed her will strike again.

~~~

"I cannot disclose the details of how the body was found or the condition of the body, but this death is considered suspicious," Det. Sgt. Walter Smith said Monday. "We don't know if it's an isolated incident, we expect the public to use all diligence and vigilance while out and about."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-vermont-teacher-police-warn-town-body-possibly/story?id=16008996

RIP Melissa :(

She died knowing that her little boy was all alone in the car on his own and he'll grow up knowing that he watched his mommy being abducted and there was nothing he could do about it. I just feel so sad right now.

So sad to hear of this news :( My heart breaks for her family and precious little boy.

Interesting comments on the WCAX-TV facebook page,that a body of a male was found in Barnett of a self-inflicted gunshot a few hours before they found Melissa.They heard it on the scanner.But that detectives are saying it is not related.This could be a rumor but a few
are having a discussion about it over there.I guess we will have to stay tuned to the reports and see what happens.

I wonder why the Melissa's son is being cared for by a family friend instead of his own father.

A family friend is caring for Jenkins' toddler. The boy's father, B.J. Robertson, would not comment about Jenkins.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ve...-body-possibly/story?id=16008996#.T3HGKNlIt3d

She (allegedly) was found so far from her house... I wonder if they were able to ping her cell phone?

The reigning Miss Vermont, Katie Levasseur, just twitted:

"Still can't believe my high school basketball coach is gone. You will always be my mentor and role-model, Melissa Jenkins. RIP."

Investigators will release new information this afternoon regarding the abduction of Melissa Jenkins, after an autopsy is conducted on the body of a young woman found Monday in the Northeast Kingdom, according to Vermont State Police Detective Sgt. Tara Thomas.

Thomas said she expects the autopsy to take several hours. Police think the body is that of Jenkins, 33, of St. Johnsbury.

Asked whether police knew of any threat to the public related to woman's death, Thomas deferred to statements State Police Maj. Ed Ledo made at a press conference Monday evening.

"We don't know if it's an isolated incident,"
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...ody-found-Northeast-Kingdom-?odyssey=nav|head

If my searching is correct, the father of her son was black. I wonder if this could be a type of hate crime? I'm not sure how interracial relationships are seen in VT, but down here it is still a point of contention for some people.

If my searching is correct, the father of her son was black. I wonder if this could be a type of hate crime? I'm not sure how interracial relationships are seen in VT, but down here it is still a point of contention for some people.

I very much doubt it. Vermont is one of the most progressive states in the union and seems to have moved on from racial and sexual intolerance. It's very much a "live and let live" kind of place where interracial and same-sex couples are afforded the same respect as anyone else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back