GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sad sad case. I hope they find or have a clue as who did this quickly.

It doesn't make much sense to me that someone who was doing a random thing would pick on a mom with a child with her. no sense at all. there are other people out there who would be easier, less complicated victims - but what do i know? maybe the perp (if unknown) felt it was perfect for that very reason. a mom is going to do whatever she can to protect her child. i would love to know who the mystery friend is that she was going to help, but am 100% sure that LE will get to the bottom of it. I'm sure the baby's father is a tad bit uncomfortable right now, and sorry.... boo hoo!

I very much doubt it. Vermont is one of the most progressive states in the union and seems to have moved on from racial and sexual intolerance. It's very much a "live and let live" kind of place where interracial and same-sex couples are afforded the same respect as anyone else.

agree totally with you on this...in addition, this was a beloved one.

Today, a Vt. State trooper is stationed at Jenkins' home in St. Johnsbury, and police say detectives are following up on leads. So far, no suspects have been named.

Autopsy results for Jenkins are expected this afternoon. Police hope those results will help them fill in some of the blanks. Jenkins death has not been ruled a homicide at this point, but that could change once those autopsy results are released.

A memorial was held at St. Johnsbury Academy this morning and classes were canceled for the day.
http://www.wcax.com/story/17265698/searches-under-way-in-vt-teachers-suspicious-death

With a trooper stationed outside Jenken's home I would say LE is thinking that is where the crime occurred. They are waiting on a search warrant before entering.

My hunch is that she was killed in the house and driven to where her body and the car was dumped. The car was reportedly found not far from her house. The killer left the child in the car knowing the young boy would be found. I think the perp is someone close to Melissa.

JMO

I agree Joe.. could be that the perp left the car running for the baby re: heat (it was pretty cold there that time of night)

With a trooper stationed outside Jenken's home I would say LE is thinking that is where the crime occurred. They are waiting on a search warrant before entering.

My hunch is that she was killed in the house and driven to where her body and the car was dumped. The car was reportedly found not far from her house. The killer left the child in the car knowing the young boy would be found. I think the perp is someone close to Melissa.

JMO

I'm seeing several possible clues which I cannot post here. Check out Facebook/Twitter pages.

With the body being found almost 9 miles from the car and the fact there were signs of a struggle at the car location I'm leaning toward another vehicle being involved. I also feel like Melissa knew her murderer and it was arranged for her to meet this person at the car location. The family is pretty adamant she left home to go help someone and IMO she wouldn't do this for a total stranger.

JMO

I agree with the perp being someone close to Melissa but why take the baby?

With the body being found almost 9 miles from the car and the fact there were signs of a struggle at the car location I'm leaning toward another vehicle being involved. I also feel like Melissa knew her murderer and it was arranged for her to meet this person at the car location. The family is pretty adamant she left home to go help someone and IMO she wouldn't do this for a total stranger.

This theory makes a lot more sense.

JMO

Maybe the crime started at home and continued near the road way? I think LE said there were evident signs of a struggle near where her car was. If she was already dead when her car was abandoned, there wouldn't have been a struggle.

JMO

But why take the risk? The perp would have had to leave Melissa at the house, or in his/her vehicle at the house, then driven Melissa's car, with the baby inside, left her car at the side of the road, then walked back to Melissa's house, put Melissa's body in his/her car, driven 11 miles, dropped the body off, then driven away.

That's doesn't seem too likely to me. Unless there were two perps...one to drive Melissa's car and the other to follow in another car to pick up the first perp after leaving Melissa's car.

IMO, it's more likely that the abduction happened where LE says it did - at Melissa's car at the side of the road.

But why take the risk? The perp would have had to leave Melissa at the house, or in his/her vehicle at the house, then driven Melissa's car, with the baby inside, left her car at the side of the road, then walked back to Melissa's house, put Melissa's body in his/her car, driven 11 miles, dropped the body off, then driven away.

That's doesn't seem too likely to me. Unless there were two perps...one to drive Melissa's car and the other to follow in another car to pick up the first perp after leaving Melissa's car.

IMO, it's more likely that the abduction happened where LE says it did - at Melissa's car at the side of the road.

If she was bleeding why risk putting her in your own car? If she was killed at the house she could have been placed in her car driven to where her body was dumped, her car was driven back to within walking distance from her house so the perp could return to his car and drive away. That left less trace evidence in the perps car.

Blood in her car would indicate a struggle. Items like her purse, phone or other personal items found outside her car where it was found would also indicate a struggle too. She could have been forced into someone else's car and and driven to where her body was found I guess. But the trooper stationed outside her house make me think something serious happened there. They are not guarding the residence for no reason at all.

Another big question is how did they know where to search for her body if it was found 9 miles from her car. I would say her cell phone pings led them there.

JMO

If she was bleeding why risk putting her in your own car? If she was killed at the house she could have been placed in her car driven to where her body was dumped, her car was driven back to within walking distance from her house so the perp could return to his car and drive away. That left less trace evidence in the perps car.

Blood in her car would indicate a struggle. Items like her purse, phone or other personal items found outside her car where it was found would also indicate a struggle too. She could have been forced into someone else's car and and driven to where her body was found I guess. But the trooper stationed outside her house make me think something serious happened there. They are not guarding the residence for no reason at all.

Another big question is how did they know where to search for her body if it was found 9 miles from her car. I would say her cell phone pings led them there.

JMO

They may have to gather evidence at the house. Perhaps her computer, books, or anything else that may help them solve this case.

OR they want to keep someone out!

Agree. Maybe she was going to help someone in a DV scenario....and the spouse left and met her on the road. I can't see her going to meet someone to help them and be so close to home (car). kwim? Why not have that person come to her house since she had a child prolly already in bed? It had to be pretty important, imo. Or staged. ? jmo

Agree. Maybe she was going to help someone in a DV scenario....and the spouse left and met her on the road. I can't see her going to meet someone to help them and be so close to home (car). kwim? Why not have that person come to her house since she had a child prolly already in bed? It had to be pretty important, imo. Or staged. ? jmo

The perp may have called her from down the road from her house in order to lure her out. "Hey Melissa, my car broke down about 1/4 mile from your house. Could you come out and get me?" If the person was a friend/acquaintance/student/boyfriend she would have thought nothing of it.

In one of the articles it mentioned that her family stated she had gone out to help someone with car trouble. If that is true, Melissa's phone records should reveal who that person/people are.

They may have to gather evidence at the house. Perhaps her computer, books, or anything else that may help them solve this case.

OR they want to keep someone out!

They want to make sure no one goes in that house before they are able to obtain a search warrant and go inside. That is the only reason to station a trooper outside.

I remember one case where LE said they stationed an officer outside so if anyone had information they could come talk to the officer. LOL

They were waiting to get warrant to sift through the fire pit in the back yard where a two year old's body had been disposed of by fire by her mother. There was no way to secure the yard without having an officer posted there all night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..
Back