GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if the motorist with car trouble is a ruse LE has heard before and that is why they are telling residents to remain vigilant.

Do you have a link stating this was a motorist with car trouble? This is the second time I see a post stating it was a motorist and have not read confirmation that this was indeed the case.

I'm not trying to be rude or difficult, I'm only trying to stick with the facts versus speculation. If it's speculation then one should state that in their post.

We know that one relative feels she may have gone to help someone but we don't know why, who and where, imo. There was never any indication to suggest it was someone having car trouble.

Jenkins' uncle, Marty Beattie, told ABC News the toddler is being cared for by the slain woman's parents while they work out a plan with the child's father, B.J. Robertson.

Beattie said he believes police have accumulated enough evidence to result in an arrest in the near future.

"She put herself in a bad situation. Wrong place, wrong time," he said.

Police warned the tight knit town to remain vigilant, fearing the killer could strike again.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/vermont-teacher-melissa-jenkins-murdered-autopsy-shows/story?id=16008996

Do you have a link stating this was a motorist with car trouble? This is the second time I see a post stating it was a motorist and have not read confirmation that this was indeed the case.

I'm not trying to be rude or difficult, I'm only trying to stick with the facts versus speculation. If it's speculation then one should state that in their post.

We know that one relative feels she may have gone to help someone but we don't know why, who and where, imo. There was never any indication to suggest it was someone having car trouble.

I'm on an iPad and it isn't letting me copy the text, but it is right before the end of the article that family members believe it was to help someone with car trouble. I have read it several times, this is the most recent article I have seen.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/murdered-v...sy-conducted/t/story?id=16008996#.T3Icr9WB1CA

Warning: lengthy speculation coming.

People ring my doorbell all the time. No matter which state or what type of community I live in. I currently have no peep hole and I don't have a window that affords a view to front door. This means that each time I open it, I have no idea who is on the other side.

For this reason, I ALWAYS shuffle my children into the play room, tell them to be quiet, and close the door.

I think it is very plausible that a stranger could have arrived at the door and said they were broken down just down the road a bit--would it be possible to give them a ride in my own vehicle in order to jumpstart theirs.

If she was home alone... would she have said yes? I would have said no, reasoning that I had my children at home, was about to make dinner, was waiting on my husband to arrive, or some other excuse. But, if the motorist persisted and persisted, possibly even saying he left his own children in the car and needed to get back quickly. I think I would have given in and buckled my own kids in their car seats. I think I would have also phoned someone quickly to say that I am helping out someone and would call her later. Cause surely this scenario would be a scary one and I would want a safety net.

To me, this seems the most plausible situation. Why else would her car be so close to her home? Why else would the boy be left in the seat? Why else would relatives be adamant that she was helping someone. Why else would the friend be worried when she didn't hear from her and then go out looking for her?

Jenkins' uncle, Marty Beattie, told ABC News the toddler is being cared for by the slain woman's parents while they work out a plan with the child's father, B.J. Robertson.

Beattie said he believes police have accumulated enough evidence to result in an arrest in the near future.

"She put herself in a bad situation. Wrong place, wrong time," he said.

Police warned the tight knit town to remain vigilant, fearing the killer could strike again.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/vermont-teacher-melissa-jenkins-murdered-autopsy-shows/story?id=16008996

So far, all the info we have gotten has come from the family, more or less. I am more convinced now that LE does have a suspect, but is trying not to make that info public yet. In fact, I think they (LE) has been trying to make it sound as if they don't have any idea when they really do. At least I hope so, and I truly hope that they can build a good case as quickly as possible!

Maybe the police are just using extreme caution, but the above statement doesn't make this murder sound personal.

Maybe the child's father could account for his time and whereabouts for that night.....

With a trooper stationed outside Jenken's home I would say LE is thinking that is where the crime occurred. They are waiting on a search warrant before entering.

My hunch is that she was killed in the house and driven to where her body and the car was dumped. The car was reportedly found not far from her house. The killer left the child in the car knowing the young boy would be found. I think the perp is someone close to Melissa.

JMO

No, LE said there were signs of a struggle where the car was found with the child in it. If she was already dead, that doesn't work.

It's not uncommon for them to station an officer at the house, and it is probably true that they intend to search it, but I doubt that they think the crime happened there. They are trying to find clues as to who this person might be.

With the body being found almost 9 miles from the car and the fact there were signs of a struggle at the car location I'm leaning toward another vehicle being involved. I also feel like Melissa knew her murderer and it was arranged for her to meet this person at the car location. The family is pretty adamant she left home to go help someone and IMO she wouldn't do this for a total stranger.

I agree. There was definitely another vehicle involved, and the facts as we know them certainly support what you said.
Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best one.

I think it was just a typo and should have said, "The body was found Monday 9 miles from where her car was found."

Dang fool reporters don't know how to proofread anymore!! You're right, they left out the 9 miles.

I was reading one the other day (another case) and this "reporter" writes something about a person being committed of a crime. Seriously... read and edit before you sumbit!!

I would be so happy if I never had to say, "I'm glad she's been found, but I am so sad for her family" ever again.

Her poor son. I hope that when he gets older, he's able to come to terms with having witnessed something so awful.

I can only hope that baby was asleep during all of this.........

"A family friend is caring for the boy. His father, B.J. Robertson, would not comment on Jenkins' disappearance."

:twocents:

That is an old article. He has since spoken about it. Someone linked an article a page or two back.

That is an old article. He has since spoken about it. Someone linked an article a page or two back.

I realize that, nutkin. Just commenting that I'm not surprised at the comments he's had so far. The last I saw he stated the child had not identified the abductor. Is that correct?

I realize that, nutkin. Just commenting that I'm not surprised at the comments he's had so far. The last I saw he stated the child had not identified the abductor. Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. I am sure if the perp was the boy's father he could easily ID him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back