GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Awaiting news from the 6:30 presser (or whatever they're calling it). Is there a live feed? I'm sorry if someone posted it and I missed it. I'll look back through. On my way to work this morning, opposite lane of major highway with divider, I heard a big THUMP and looked in rearview to see a car spun out, hit divider and was facing oncoming traffic. As much as I needed to get to work on time, I couldn't leave them there - took the next ramp back. This road wasn't a major road, was it? (FWIW, even if I had a small child in the car, I'd probably still stop as long as I could pull my car enough off the road...lock it up and run to help...probably not the smartest, but I probably would). Was she trained in EMT stuff, etc? That's the only reason I stop...I always think "Well, I know how to help.". Only one other person stopped for the poor guy this morning, and we were both women.

You did a good thing. With all the news of terrible things happening to innocent people, I hope you can take a small measure of comfort in knowing you helped someone in need. That makes you one of the good guys.

Melissa was taken quite a ways away to be found on Comerford Dam Rd near Barnet.

It is so garbled to me as to why she left the house and why her family and/or friend thought she had gone to help someone in need?

I think I read that it was about 11 miles...

I read on WCAX's website that a body was found 11 miles from her house too, gnomony. I posted that on a different thread here (if that is where you read it), and then I went back and edited it after I read on the Burlington Free Press that Barnet (where car was found) is 11 miles from St. Johnsbury.

I don't know how far away Comerford Dam Road is from where the car was.

It is so garbled to me as to why she left the house and why her family and/or friend thought she had gone to help someone in need?

I have a feeling the family and the friend who reported her missing know who did this. She must've told the friend where she was going and then the friend got worried when she wasn't back by 11:30, imo. Was the friend staying with her? Did she call this friend to tell her she was going out at 8:30?

IDK but 8:30 is kind of late to go help out a friend with a little 2 year old so Melissa must've really thought it was important to go help this person.

Who could've done this to her? This is so incredibly sad. :(

So sad to hear that a body has been found. My heart is breaking for her family, especially her little boy. :cry:

They found her quickly. I wonder what led them to where her body was.

So many questions.......

They found her quickly. I wonder what led them to where her body was.

So many questions.......

I read somewhere that the area where her body was found was "disturbed". So maybe they saw that from the air? I know they had helicopters up. Forgive me for not finding the link, my Internet is really wonky today and it would take me forever to find it and try and post the link...

I read on WCAX's website that a body was found 11 miles from her house too, gnomony. I posted that on a different thread here (if that is where you read it), and then I went back and edited it after I read on the Burlington Free Press that Barnet (where car was found) is 11 miles from St. Johnsbury.

I don't know how far away Comerford Dam Road is from where the car was.

Her address was posted above as 1826 Goss Hollow Road, St. Johnsbury... Comerford Dam Road, Barnet is about 13 miles from there, according to Google Maps...

So sad...Rest in Peace Melissa...Prayers for her son, family, friends, students and the community.

On an article on the last page there was an odd comment and I'm juts wondering how anyone else read it.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...NEWS07/120326001/melissa-jenkins-st-johnsbury

It's the comment about the family possibly knowing who did this and the comment about the detective. I can't tell if the poster is stating that they used to be a detective or the person they suspect used to be. Anyone?

Sounds like the poster is saying he used to be a detective and is saying look to people she knows first...which of course is always true...

So sad for Melissa, her little boy, and all her loved ones. RIP. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back