VT - Michelle Gardner-Quinn, 21, Burlington, 7 Oct 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
michelle said:
This is so sad. I am praying she is safe.
Hi Michelle,
A home was checked today in Richmond.The F.B.I.,Sex Investigator units from here were at the home (30 Brown Court home of Pat and Ronald Skinner) for over 8 hours.Apparently the couple that own that home have grandsons living with them.
Please check the BPD link that I posted for more updates.
Also check this;

news link

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

This sounds really bad. With that guy trying to pick up the other girl close by and all.
Her parents must be in sheer panic. I hope she'll be found okay but I'm afraid we're going to have another depressing ending.

dark_shadows said:
The Virginia resident was scheduled to meet with her parents Saturday for dinner. When she didn't show they called police. ((tape 7:53 Tremblay"They're obviously very clearly concerned about the situation. They're focused in family issues and concerns right now. And they have asked that they not be identified at this time."))
That was from this link;
news link

Gardner-Quinn was last seen at about 2:15 a.m. Saturday on Main Street near Edmunds Elementary and Middle School. She had dinner earlier that evening with her parents, who were in town for UVM's Family Weekend, said family friend Gail Fendley of Falls Church, Va. Then Gardner-Quinn joined a group of friends to celebrate a 21st birthday at several downtown bars.
link

Articles differ.
She did not meet her family.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I don't think the articles differ in the sense one has inaccurate info, I just think they are talking about two different dinners. Her parents were in town for parents weekend and she went out to dinner with them Friday night, after which she went out with friends and was last seen approx 2:15 A.M. Fri night/ Sat A.M. Then on Sat night she was supposed to meet with her parents again for dinner and didn't show so that is when she was reported missing. The one thing that bugs me is why she wasn't thought to be missing earlier. Usually parent weekends are chaulk full day and night of events that both parents and student attend together. I would have thought plans would have included time together Saturday. I'm sure they figured she was sidetracked or delayed but knew something was up when they still hadn't connected by dinner. I sure hope they find her, she looks to be a lovely young lady with a wonderful future ahead of her.

According to the press release,she had dinner with her parents on friday,but did not show up for lunch on saturday.That is what lead her parents to file a missing persons report.So some reports were wrong about when she was supposed to show up to meet her parents on saturday.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Here is the link;
news link
Part of the article;
Her parents today went public for the first time, issuing a public plea to help find their daughter. ((Father: my wife diane and i and our son and daughter on behalf of our family desperately are looking for our daughter and our sister Michelle. We remain hopeful that we will find her and that she will be returned to us safe and sound. And we pray that will be today)) The parents sa they last saw their daughter for dinner on Friday night, about 10 hours before she was last seen while walking back to her dorm on Main Street.

Morag said:
Some years there are no murders in Vermont...My son is in college in Burlington (he was home with us on Friday night,though) and we have felt so good about his living there rather than in some other college towns.
Burlington is a very charming small city, a seemingly wonderful place to be a college student.
There are murders here every year.We have not gone a year without a murder.
Look at this link from 1960.It goes to from 1960-2005 and we have had murders every year after that.

Our city of Burlington is not the charming,wonderful place that you think it is.
Vermont murder link

Oh no, that's so sad! How heartbreaking for her parents.

I never want to let my kids leave home. This is just so sad. I read about it and my first thought was, here we go again.

nope, doesn't look good one bit. the ONLY good thing that *might* come from this would be if they found the guy & there was a connection with maura, brianna, and any other young women who've gone missing in the past several years. perhaps this is him, and he's getting bolder.

reb said:
nope, doesn't look good one bit. the ONLY good thing that *might* come from this would be if they found the guy & there was a connection with maura, brianna, and any other young women who've gone missing in the past several years. perhaps this is him, and he's getting bolder.

You know I thought about that, this being in the extreme northeast as it is, that this could be connected to Maura and Brianna. It also reminds me of Taylor Behl, they sort of look alike, both missing from college...but they got Taylor's killer. I am following this case with extreme interest, but it doesn't look good. Her parents touched me so much yesterday in their presser, especially the father, who was talking but barely not breaking down. They are older and I am worried about them.

Prayers that this is resolved soon, and Michelle is found safe!!!

Hey englishleigh,

I, too, was a thorough investigator and reporter with regards to Taylor Behl. My heart still grieves her and with her mother today. This case with Michelle certainly has some similarities to it. One more thing here: I still feel it was US here at WS and the folks at Crime Library (?) who settled the case with T.B.

Please enlighten as to who Brianna and Maura are and what significance they have to this case. I'm on this one!

Leviosa said:
Hey englishleigh,

I, too, was a thorough investigator and reporter with regards to Taylor Behl. My heart still grieves her and with her mother today. This case with Michelle certainly has some similarities to it. One more thing here: I still feel it was US here at WS and the folks at Crime Library (?) who settled the case with T.B.

Please enlighten as to who Brianna and Maura are and what significance they have to this case. I'm on this one!

I am not in any way an expert on Brianna and Maura...they are both missing from the NH/MA/VT area, I believe. Maura's last name was Murray. I believe Maura had car trouble one night and went missing from there, and I'm not certain about Brianna. There are many others here who have followed their cases and can tell you all about them. I believe the significance is that this is in that same northeastern area and a lot of people believe that the same possible serial killer may have taken both Bri and Maura.

englishleigh said:
I am not in any way an expert on Brianna and Maura...they are both missing from the NH/MA/VT area, I believe. Maura's last name was Murray. I believe Maura had car trouble one night and went missing from there, and I'm not certain about Brianna. There are many others here who have followed their cases and can tell you all about them. I believe the significance is that this is in that same northeastern area and a lot of people believe that the same possible serial killer may have taken both Bri and Maura.
Hi, I tried to write about this yesterday. These are two active searches.
Briannas car was found backed up into a old barn. Maura had a one car accident towards a tree area. She left walking away. One Xbus driver stopped to ask if she needed help and she said no....The police were there in 10 minutes and did not find her. There is no clues or traces of these girls...both at a dead standstill.
Brianna Maitlands site is ...www.bringbrihome.org
and Maura Murrays site is www.Mauramurray.com
Brianna was a college student. There were big searches in fact I think the end of this month the Murrays are having a search of an area with a team if I remember correctly. ( It is a Oct. date)
Both are complicated and interesting stories. Fred Murray fought tirelessly for help in finding his daughter. One of the Murrays helped me in my search for a missing family member. She gave me tons of help and information that we truely needed. Bruce Maitland and his wife have put their faith to work right now.......but, they worked like crazy to fiind Brianna. Bruce also gave me ideas of who to contact for Media. A truely wonderful family.
So there is more then one missing in that area of Vermont and those families had always hoped this would never happen again.

Just a bit more as the full story can be read on the girls sites.
They both went missing in 2004 not that far apart in months.
Bri was with her mom Kellie Maitland the night before, shopping. She was a waitress, and the night of her being missing ,she had left the Black Lantern Inn, Montgomery, Vt. She didn't stay late that night
as she was tired.
Maura was 4th in her class of graduation. She was accepted to West Point. Spent two years there in chemical engineering. She was on the Deans list of the Univercity of Mass. for Nursing.
From 1970 to 2004
30 women vanished from Vermont and New Hampshire
10 were found murdered
19 unaccounted for
60 unsolved homicides were in Vermont and NH during this timeperiod.
Fred Murray went to court to try to get the papers on the case released so he could put Maura on AMW. The police at that time would not give out the information. As far as I know she never did get a spot on the AMW show. I must note in our search that AMW was the first to come to our aid, and were there to answer in a few seconds always.
Not sure why Mr Murrays plight was so different from ours......but, he certainly had a hard time on many levels.

mfmangel1 said:
Did anyone notice that her myspace page shows she has attended five different colleges in three years? Hope and pray she is found soon.

Not only did she attend 5 colleges in three years, her latest college is listed as American University in Washington DC, not UVM.

Beyond Belief said:
any updates?
Hi Beyond Belief,

Here is the lastest;

Wednesday morning UVM police chief Gary Margolis held a briefing for 25 students who are helping with the search.

They broke down into five groups of five each and conducted a pattern search through the neighborhood. The students are looking for any sign of the missing student, including clothing, jewelry, shoes and a purse she was last seen with. This area is a bit south of the route that Michelle Gardner-Quinn would normally have taken from Main Street to her dorm at University heights.

link

Published: Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Burlington Police continue to investigate the disappearance of University of Vermont senior Michelle Gardner-Quinn, 21, of Arlington, Va.

Burlington Police statement Wednesday morning:

"Our investigation has continued through the night and while we are making progress tracking leads and remain hopeful that Michelle will be located soon.
link
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

cwiz24 said:
Not only did she attend 5 colleges in three years, her latest college is listed as American University in Washington DC, not UVM.
I was wondering if she just didn't want the "world" or "someone" to know her location. I also noticed her sexual orientation was "Unsure." Several photos appear to have been removed from her site, too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddie_van
Back