VT - Michelle Gardner-Quinn, 21, Burlington, 7 Oct 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Appears the guy in the Subaru isn't a suspect, after being located and interviewed by police.

Information Release – Wednesday October 11, 2006 2:30 p.m.

Investigation Update

This afternoon we have a few noteworthy updates.

First, regarding the white Subaru hatchback – we have located the vehicle and have identified the operator who is cooperating with police. This lead remains one avenue of investigation among many we are pursuing. We believe that this is the vehicle that was seen by a woman on North Winooski Avenue at about the same time Michelle disappeared. The operator has provided an explanation of his activities that night and, while investigation continues, he is not considered a suspect at this time.

Additionally, we have received information that, at the time of her disappearance, Michelle was in possession of a University access and credit card – referred to as a Cat Scratch Card – belonging to a friend. If anyone locates any UVM Cat Scratch cards belonging to anyone other than Michelle’s card they are asked to notify Burlington Police immediately.
http://www.bpdvt.org/Gardner-Quinn Missing Person Case/Information Release 10-11-06 1430.htm

link

On Wednesday, police located, interviewed and ruled out as a suspect an unidentified man who had reportedly tried to lure a woman into his white "Subaru-style" hatchback on North Winooski Avenue, about three-quarters of a mile from where Gardner-Quinn was last seen, at approximately the same time.

The man, whose identity wasn't released, cooperated with police.

"The operator has provided an explanation of his activities that night and while our investigation continues, he is not considered a suspect," he said.

Officer Matt Sullivan saw a man standing by a white Subaru and questioned him, and he told police he was in that area that night. He was interviewed by police, who believe he was the one that had been the subject of the woman's report.

Finding the car may otherwise have been a longshot. According to the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles, there are 4,638 white Subarus registered in the state.

you know, i think they should haul that white subaru in and check it out. if the owner is co operating, there shouldn't be any problem. they are always so slow doing these things.

Tonight from our local news;

2} QUINN2_PKG (tape 8) (24:44) ((Chief Tom Tremblay/ "We have executed other search warrants today, other court orders but I am not prepared to talk about where they were or what we were looking for.")) Police would not discuss the warrants they executed today in the search for Michelle Gardner-Quinn.
news transcripts

Respectfully
dark_shadows

Fox News has released some time-lapse security camera photos showing Michelle walking with the guy whose call phone she borrowed, about 2 am...he was the last person to see her. Doesn't sound good.

englishleigh said:
Fox News has released some time-lapse security camera photos showing Michelle walking with the guy whose call phone she borrowed, about 2 am...he was the last person to see her. Doesn't sound good.
I am watching Fox News right now, I must have missed the tape! Damn, I've been waiting all morning for this...from earlier in the day...

Before this case goes completely off the rails, perhaps we can clarify a few issues. Of the first part, are we certain beyond doubt that Michelle was a student at UVT? I know it sounds or appears to be a dumb question but was she enrolled? Was she a full-time or part-time student?

Questioning this goes a long way as to why she was in possession of another person's Cat Scratch Card. Furthermore, I don't feel that it's odd to attend multiple colleges during a period of years, especially when her home of record is Arlington, VA. Moreover, she had done some humanitarian service work in Latin America. Therefore, the notion of 5 colleges/universities in that time frame is not so much a reflection on her as much as with what our institutions of higher learning are doing. My point is that someone, anyone these days, can attend almost anywhere on a part time basis. Go in, register for a single class and you're attending; most of all, part time students get different credentials than full time students, hence the CS-Card.

Please be assured that these are probative questions meant to spark thinking. Of course I mean no disrespect or harm to anyone. I am simply here trying to help a family, friends, and well…you know.

englishleigh said:
Hi Englishleigh,:)
This morning in a news conference in Burlington,three photos were shown from the cameras of the man that she borrowed the cell phone from.
There will be another conference today at 3pm.
They know who the man is,they are just showing the photos to see if anyone had seen the two together before or after the photos were taken.
The man appearently lives in the home in Richmond that was searched the other day.Over 8 hours was spent at that home during the search.Other areas are being searched also.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html

You have to select the video from about 12 shown. It has still clips of Michelle with the unidentified man who is said to be in his mid 30's. Is this the random guy who let her use his cell phone?

dark_shadows said:
This morning in a news conference in Burlington,three photos were shown from the cameras of the man that she borrowed the cell phone from.
They know who the man is,they are just showing the photos to see if anyone had seen the two together before or after the photos were taken.
The man appaerently lives in the home in Richmond that was searched the other day.Over 8 hours was spent at that home during the search.Other areas are being searched also.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Ahhh...I should have read further. I watched the video with the still pictures on Fox News site but my sound is not working today. My computer says I don't have any audio devices and my children are at school so I'll do without sound til this afternoon.

Leviosa said:
I am watching Fox News right now, I must have missed the tape! Damn, I've been waiting all morning for this...from earlier in the day...

Before this case goes completely off the rails, perhaps we can clarify a few issues. Of the first part, are we certain beyond doubt that Michelle was a student at UVT? I know it sounds or appears to be a dumb question but was she enrolled? Was she a full-time or part-time student?

Questioning this goes a long way as to why she was in possession of another person's Cat Scratch Card. Furthermore, I don't feel that it's odd to attend multiple colleges during a period of years, especially when her home of record is Arlington, VA. Moreover, she had done some humanitarian service work in Latin America. Therefore, the notion of 5 colleges/universities in that time frame is not so much a reflection on her as much as with what our institutions of higher learning are doing. My point is that someone, anyone these days, can attend almost anywhere on a part time basis. Go in, register for a single class and you're attending; most of all, part time students get different credentials than full time students, hence the CS-Card.

Please be assured that these are probative questions meant to spark thinking. Of course I mean no disrespect or harm to anyone. I am simply here trying to help a family, friends, and well…you know.
Hi Leviosa,
Yes she was a UVM student.
UVM link
At the press conference today,they are going to be showing a likeness of the scratch card.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Also,they are looking for her braclet and earrings that she was wearing.

These pictures were taken at 2:34 Saturday morning by a store's surveillance camera on Main Street. That is Michelle Gardner Quinn on the left. Police are not identifying the man, but say he is the one Quinn borrowed a cell phone from on her walk home from downtown Burlington.

"We're not looking for him. We're looking for any member of the public or anyone else who saw him with Michelle during the time frame in question on or after 2:34 in the morning on Saturday the 7th," says Deputy Chief Michael Schirling of the Burlington Police Department. "It continues to be highly suspicious and one significant portion of our investigation is focused on the direction of the man with the cellular telephone at this stage."

Police say he is between 5 foot nine and five foot eleven and weighs about 175 pounds and has dark hair. He is in his mid-30s. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a dark-colored zip-up fleece. And again, police would like to hear from anyone who saw this man with Michelle Gardner Quinn in Burlington after 2:30 Saturday morning.

The police do know who he is but would not identify him. They would not say whether they have spoken with him. But they made it clear they do know where he is.

link

Hello SewingDeb,:blowkiss: it is a pleasure to hear from you.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

dark_shadows said:
There will be another conference today at 3pm.
The man appaerently lives in the home in Richmond that was searched the other day.Over 8 hours was spent at that home during the search.Other areas are being searched also.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

It sounds like LE is fairly suspicious of this man. Do you know if he has a criminal background, more specifically, does he have sex offense convictions?

TIA, DS.

concernedperson said:
It sounds like LE is fairly suspicious of this man. Do you know if he has a criminal background, more specifically, does he have sex offense convictions?

TIA, DS.
Hello CP,:blowkiss:

How have you been?
BPD is not releasing his name,so I do not know if he has a criminal background.I tried to see the mans face on the photos,but the are not very good photos at all.He could have been in our facility at one time,who knows.
Also have many people on FSU (field supervision) in Burlington.(not saying that he is,it is just a thought)I wish that they would release his name.

Appearently he does not live in Richmond,he is connected to the home that was searched there.They are also searching the Jericho area also.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I guess the "random guy" is the same one whose cell phone she borrowed. Sounds as if neither she or her friends knew him.

Gardner-Quinn, a senior majoring in Latin American studies and environmental science, went out Friday with a group of friends to celebrate one's 21st birthday at several downtown bars. She parted with the group about 2:15 a.m. to walk back up the hill toward campus, accompanied by a person her friends described as "a random guy."

She hasn't been seen since.
- http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006...in2076605.shtml

I'm still interested in what "random guy" told police about his encounter with Michelle, where and when he says he saw her last.

Hi Lovely!

On MSNBC this morning, Chris Jansen said the police have talked to this man, know he was with her around 2:30, but what police are tryig to do is firm up their timeline. They want to know if anyone saw her with him after or before 2:30.

They say he is not a suspect but rather a POI, and hey, have we ever heard that before. LOL So I think Chris' assesment is probably right on. If someone saw them later than 2:30, the area they were seen could be very important to the case. I assume they want to locate her, and have a feeling they almost have it put together. I sure hope so!

Scandi

Check out her friends on Myspace. Grayson, Ian etc... from Richmond. How freaky with the comparisons to T.B.

elleryqueen said:
Check out her friends on Myspace. Grayson, Ian etc... from Richmond. How freaky with the comparisons to T.B.
Hi Elleryqueen,
The home searched is here in Vermont.(Richmond,Vermont)
Thanks for your post.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Please look before you speak. I was refering to the Taylor Biehl case in Richmond VA. I find it odd that another young college girl goes missing and has friends in Richmond, VA and at VCU

How tragic this will be if this "random guy" passing by who loaned Michelle his cell phone ends up being a killer...how unlucky could someone get?? :doh: Prayers for Michelle and her whole family.

elleryqueen said:
Please look before you speak. I was refering to the Taylor Biehl case in Richmond VA. I find it odd that another young college girl goes missing and has friends in Richmond, VA and at VCU

Elleryqueen,
You only put initals!I do not know about the Taylor Biehl case.
It is not that I have to "look before I speak",it is that you have to speak clearly so things are not assumed.

You posted this ;

elleryqueen said:
It says nothing about Richmond,Va.
Since the home in Richmond,Vermont was searched,it was assumed that you meant that Grayson,Ian was from Richmond,Vt.
I looked at his profile and it said Richmond,Va.
That is why I posted Richmond Vermont.......
The initals T.B. did not say the person.

This post is not with a mean tone at all.It is just explaining that I assumed something else because the post was not clear.

Also,welcome to Websluths.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members