VT - Michelle Gardner-Quinn, 21, Burlington, 7 Oct 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Scandi, and B. Belief, now I can honestly say (heh heh) that... those pictures are just too blurry for me to possibly make out whether the guy is holding anything in his hand!

From what I saw in the 3-pic-display my impression early on was that there was an unusually great distance between them as they moved. I thought he just had his hands in his pockets -- casual, cold maybe, or just getting enough room to be able to look at her very intently, his body swiveled toward her. This is pure speculation (like the rest wasn't) but maybe something from her cellphone call was making HER move quickly, him trying to keep up, looking at her and examining her to see what was wrong, what the problem was? If I recall, she appeared to be focused on moving, and he was doing more of the looking sideways at her...

I think the Burlington Police Dept. website had 600 pics now, jpegs, showing the minutes before and after Michelle passed by, showing cars, maybe even a police car, other walkers, etc. Anyway, that's good place to get the photos.

BTW, maybe if there's something in the guy's hand, it's the cell phone!?

I think shes talking on the cell phone in the first shot and maybe the second. Then they took off. Like she knew where she was heading.

I couldn't find any photos on the Burlington police site, do you have a link.

I'm ready to look at those pics GoodAim. YaYa If I can look at a photo of a disintered body that's been in the grave for years, I can look at anything!~ LOL The first time, well I just about fainted.

Scandi

Here's an article I just found that gives a description of the cellphone guy. This is my first try at cutting and pasting something and I hope I don't mess up the margins or the website!

[url="http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/File-Based_Image_Resource/from_provider_globe.gif"]http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/File-Based_Image_Resource/from_provider_globe.gif[/url]

Police say hunt for student focusing on man

By Suzanne Smalley, Globe Staff | October 13, 2006

BURLINGTON, Vt. -- Police said yesterday the hunt for a missing University of Vermont student is increasingly focused on a man who loaned Michelle Gardner-Quinn his cellphone and was the last person seen with her.

...did not call him a suspect, and said they have been in contact with him. But they confirmed that he is ``related" to a home in nearby Richmond they spent several hours searching on Tuesday.

Police described the man as in his mid-30s, between 5-foot-9 and 5-foot-11, and between 170 and 190 pounds. [my bolding] ...

Suzanne Smalley can be reached at ssmalley@globe.comhttp://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/File-ased_Image_Resource/dingbat_story_end_icon.gif

© Copyright 2006 Globe Newspaper Company.

Links:

Burlington, VT Police Department is a great source of info:
bpdvt (www.bpdvt.org)

It includes lots of videos of press conferences, Main Street photographs in jpg, parent statement, videostills in zip (which i couldn't open)

Then there's the National Sex Offender Public Registry, nsopr www.nsopr.gov
--opens to United States Department of Justice Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website
--click on nsopr home from list on left
--lots of material listed by state comes up in the window on the right.
--scroll down and read about terms and rules regarding Vermont.
--click on "I agree" blue button on bottom.
--search page comes up with map and searchable term spaces
--put in county name in Vermont (like Chittenden or Lamoille)
--be sure to click on tiny VT box at bottom of page
--list of offenders comes up
--since it was mentioned that the mystery cellphone man was in his mid-thirties, about 5'9"-5'11", around 170-190 pounds, i found only a few at all like that. The sixth one down, Joseph P. ____ looks familiar. I hope it's not illegal to mention his partial name.
--Back to search page.
--type in Lamoille county, check VT box at bottom of right window screen and just a couple of names come up. One named William is 39 y.o., 5'8", lives in Jericho. Also looks similar to Main Street pics.

I also heard early on in the case that the reason they searched that house in Richmond was because the residents' grandsons were in town at the time of Michelle's disappearance. I'll try to find a link for that, but it might be right here on this thread.
Think those may have anything to do with the guys who showed up in the still photos (see burlington police department still photo collection, linked above) after Michelle and random-guy walked by?
Due to old, slow dial-up computer i can't load all those pics myself.

Scandi, I'll try to load the pictures I downloaded after I post this. It may take a little while. I may do a little checking to make sure it's not illegal! Or that I'm hurting someone. But with the above directions you can probably locate them -- and others.

[url="http://cache.boston.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/default/empty.gif"]http://cache.boston.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/default/empty.gif[/url]

[url="http://cache.boston.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/default/empty.gif"]http://cache.boston.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/default/empty.gif[/url]

Does this man look like Cellphone Guy? The shape of the forehead and hairline? If this is inappropriate to post, please delete it fast!

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana]VERMONT SEX OFFENDER REGISTRY
INFORMATION
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana][size=-1]State of Vermont | Vermont Department of Public Safety | Division of Criminal Justice Services[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana]Registry Detail [/font]
Registrant InformationPhotograph
Name:MILLER,WILLIAM
Date of Birth:10-02-1967
City:JEFFERSONVILLE
Sex:M
Race:W
Height:5 feet 08 inches
Weight:180 lbs
Eye Color:BRO
Hair Color:BRO

Click for photo of person:
http://170.222.137.2:8080/sor/images/XX00203615.jpeg

Treatment Status: COMPLIANT
Wanted:NO
Reason For Internet Posting
Department Of Corrections
Multiple Convictions For Sexual Assault

Supervising Office & Phone#MORRISVILLE 8028882520
Conviction Information

Sexual Offense Conviction(s)Date of Conviction
SEXUAL ASSAULT 325209-25-2001

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Vermont Sex Offender Registry Home Page
Department of Public Safety Home | State of Vermont Home Page | Email Webmaster[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Copyright 2004 The Vermont Department of Public Safety - All rights reserved - Database as of: Oct 13 2006 at 01:00 am[/size][/font]

Hi GoodAim. You did great posting your first article with link, but it violates copyright to cut & paste the entire article. Usually about 3 paragraphs is all that's allowed unless it's a very long article. You can go back to your post and edit it easily.

LovelyPigeon said:
Hi GoodAim. You did great posting your first article with link, but it violates copyright to cut & paste the entire article. Usually about 3 paragraphs is all that's allowed unless it's a very long article. You can go back to your post and edit it easily.
Thanks, LovelyPigeon. It's done. My husband would be so disappointed to come home and find I've been arrested. And worse, no dinner cooking!

YW. It's just one of those forum rules that we all have to get used to. The forum police don't usually arrest on the first offense, but you might have been the exception and then your hubby would probably except ME to cook his dinner! LOL

Welcome to WS.

LovelyPigeon said:
YW. It's just one of those forum rules that we all have to get used to. The forum police don't usually arrest on the first offense, but you might have been the exception and then your hubby would probably except ME to cook his dinner! LOL

Welcome to WS.
What are your specialties?

More important, do you do meals on wheels for incarcerated, common-sense-challenged wannabe sleuths?

This is an exceptional forum, though, isn't it?

The hair definitely...............Good job!

GoodAim said:
Does this man look like Cellphone Guy? The shape of the forehead and hairline? If this is inappropriate to post, please delete it fast!

INFORMATION
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana][size=-1]State of Vermont | Vermont Department of Public Safety | Division of Criminal Justice Services[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana]Registry Detail [/font]
Registrant InformationPhotograph
Name:MILLER,WILLIAM
Date of Birth:10-02-1967
City:JEFFERSONVILLE
Height:5 feet 08 inches

Click for photo of person:
http://170.222.137.2:8080/sor/images/XX00203615.jpeg

Treatment Status: COMPLIANT

Supervising Office & Phone#MORRISVILLE 8028882520
Conviction Information

SEXUAL ASSAULT 325209-25-2001

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Vermont Sex Offender Registry Home Page
Department of Public Safety Home | State of Vermont Home Page | Email Webmaster[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Copyright 2004 The Vermont Department of Public Safety - All rights reserved - Database as of: Oct 13 2006 at 01:00 am[/size][/font]

The Burlington Police Dept. website (http://www.bpdvt.org/) states that police will give a press briefing today at 11:00am (Eastern time). Hope they have some info to provide!

I'll look forward to the Burlington Police's press briefing this morning. In the meantime, I've found two more men whose hairline resembles the Main Street Still-Pic guy. I'll post them one at a time. Maybe by then, the police will have made these guesses moot.

INFORMATION
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana]Registry Detail [/font]Registrant InformationPhotograph
Name:BEH,JOSEPH P
Date of Birth:10-23-1969
City:BURLINGTON
Height:5 feet 11 inches
Weight:185 lbs
Eye Color:BLU
Click here for photo of person:

http://170.222.137.2:8080/sor/images/X000005982.jpeg
Treatment Status: UNAVAILABLE
Conviction For Aggravated Sexual Assault

Supervising Office & Phone#No longer supervised for sexual crime

AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT
04-19-1996

This is the third and last posting I'll make from the Sex Offender Registry of another man whose facial shape/hairline may resemble the man walking with Michelle on Main Street.

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana][size=-1][/size][/font]

Name:BARRON,DAVID WAYNE
Date of Birth:11-29-1970
City:HINESBURG
Height:5 feet 10 inches

Click here for photo of person:

http://170.222.137.2:8080/sor/images/X000005554.jpeg

Treatment Status: UNAVAILABLE

No longer supervised for sexual crime
Sexual Offense Conviction(s)
SEXUAL ASSAULT 11-26-1996
FAIL TO COMPLY 05-04-2005
SEXUAL ASSAULT 3252 10-11-1989

Excellent work GoodAim,

Wow, that last guy gave me the creeps! I didn't hear the news conference, but only on MSNBC that they are really zoning in on this man she was last seen with.

She called her friend Tommy at 2:10am, right, and I know the clip was at 2:35. Hmm wonder why she let him tag along like that. Her best friend said this morning it wouldn't be unusual to walk up or down the hill in tandem on main st at that time of the morning! Gee, I wonder if she still thinks that? :confused:

Scandi

btw... even thought it's hard to see much from thse still photos, that last pic of the sex offender somehow looks like it could be him. i hope LE is checking up on this guy!!

OK,, i just saw all 3 of them now., i would guess the last guy, he's wearing what looks like a hooded sweatshirt, and the haircut... i dunno- something about him looks the same. anyway.... LE is paying all the guys on their list a visit & checking into where they were that night, right?

link

The digging will concentrate on a hole behind the house where concrete was poured Monday, according to construction workers at the site who declined to be identified.

Police have been at the home with police dogs since early this morning.

Reb, I gotta believe they're making a list, checking it twice... I bet they knew 1! 2! 3! 4! who to check out from the first instant. Seems this case is being handled by professionals without ego problems who'll do their jobs cooperatively and meticulously. You get that same sense? I'm not thinking any further than that because... well, it's really serious.

Scandi, finally downloaded the 600 still pics from the City of Burlington's PD website [linked earlier on this thread]; it was interesting to see young people strolling the sidewalk in pairs or alone, just like you said -- not that different from daytime activity. I'll watch it more carefully now. What was surreal was the peaceful ambience. Hope it isn't the case here, but I've read that that's what everyone says after a life-changing event: "Everything was peaceful, normal, fine... and then... out of the blue..."

scandi said:
I'm ready to look at those pics GoodAim. YaYa If I can look at a photo of a disintered body that's been in the grave for years, I can look at anything!~ LOL The first time, well I just about fainted.

Scandi
Scandi, I forgot to tell you -- you sure sounded like me here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back