VT - Michelle Gardner-Quinn, 21, Burlington, 7 Oct 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fox news is going to show an interveiw from Michelle's sister anytime now.

Elleryqueen,I am going to check the net for the story that you were refering to.While I am doing that,can you post the what is similar in the cases.
Thank-you.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

dark_shadows said:
Hi Leviosa,
Yes she was a UVM student.
UVM link
At the press conference today,they are going to be showing a likeness of the scratch card.Respectfully,dark_shadows
Hello to L.P., scandi, englishleigh, concerned, SewingDeb, and dark_shadows,

First, thank you dark_S for the link; moreover, for your kindness. Thanks for the moderation and all of the up briefs you've provided. I had to wait for the big guy, Shepard Smith to get the details vis-a-vie Fox News and their links.

Then I got straight on to my map of everything Burlington, Richmond Vermont, and the news and items I've collected to pin on for my reference and in the event I can come up.

Okay then…Ellery how did you access her MySpace account? This is critical insofar as so many leads were in fact generated from Taylor Behl's MySpace journal. In fact, that's how we found the Ex-girlfriend, Erin, and the tumultuous relationship with Ben. Any suggestions?

My heart screams to God for Michelle!

Leviosa said:
Hello to L.P., scandi, englishleigh, concerned, SewingDeb, and dark_shadows,

First, thank you dark_S for the link; moreover, for your kindness. Thanks for the moderation and all of the up briefs you've provided. I had to wait for the big guy, Shepard Smith to get the details vis-a-vie Fox News and their links.

Then I got straight on to my map of everything Burlington, Richmond Vermont, and the news and items I've collected to pin on for my reference and in the event I can come up.

Okay then…Ellery how did you access her MySpace account? This is critical insofar as so many leads were in fact generated from Taylor Behl's MySpace journal. In fact, that's how we found the Ex-girlfriend, Erin, and the tumultuous relationship with Ben. Any suggestions?

My heart screams to God for Michelle!
Hello Leviosa,:blowkiss:
Thank-you for the very nice post.
Michelle's myspace account was posted on this thread by Mrallgood on post #3.(thanks Mrallgood:) )
There was not much said at the press conference this afternoon.The question was brought up about any connections between Brianna Maitland and Maura Murray.The response was that the State Police are involved and all aspects are being checked into.
It was also said that still photos were shown of other people that were on the video around the time that Michelle was seen on tape.They just want to see if those people noticed anything.
Last year,Laura Winterbottom was murdered in Burlington.
Her killer had been in our facility before that.After he was caught,he was brought to us and then went to the state hospital.
He was later found mentally fit to stand trial.
Here are some articles on Laura if you are interested;
URL=http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=3065803&ClientType=Printable]link[/URL]
Burlington Police: Killer Still On Loose

Burlington, Vermont -- March 11, 2005

Burlington police are continuing the intensive investigation to find a killer.

They are looking for the person who murdered Laura Winterbottom three nights ago, and left her body in her car in the city's old north end.

The Burlington police say they have collected lots of evidence since Laura Winterbottom's body was discovered Wednesday morning.

But if any of that evidence has identified her killer, the police are keeping it to themselves for now.

link
Burlington, Vermont - March 22, 2005

Burlington police say they have charged a Burlington man with murdering and sexually assaulting Laura Winterbottom almost two weeks ago.

link
On the snowy, blustery night of March 8, police say, Winterbottom, 31, was kidnapped after she left a Burlington bar where she had met some of her Outing Club friends and celebrated Frank's birthday. She was later found raped, strangled and beaten to death in her car.

All hope and pray that she is found safe and sound.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Hi ElleryQueen,

In post #26 on page 2 I found this quote that explains why they searched that home in Richmond Va:

"Police said they went to the home because somebody with connections to the home had contact with Michelle the night she disappeared."

Turns out now we know that this man seen walking with Michelle had a connection to that home. The photos of him hadn't yet been released, in fact I don't know what was known about him by the public at that time.

If he's the perp, wonder what he would do with her? He doesn't look homeless, maybe take her up to his apt or home? The other thought that keeps knawing at the back of my brain is we have a serial killer on the loose here. Doesn't he appear to be quite non-descript looking in general? Haven't seen a closeup of his face, but if you saw the guy in a crowd you'd miss him entirely!

Hi Levosia. Awfully good to see you.

MrAllgood, It is good to see you here too Steve.

Scandi

scandi said:
Hi ElleryQueen,

In post #26 on page 2 I found this quote that explains why they searched that home in Richmond Va:
Hi Scandi,:blowkiss:
Please do not be upset with me for saying this,the home they searched is in Richmond,Vermont.
All of my respect to you,
dark_shadows

OMG! Baa Haa Haa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa How did I ever get that mixed up. Sorry, and I'm not upset Dark_Shadows, infact I'm glad to know that. I kind of keep a mental vision of a case, so somehow envisioned the house in a different state. Guess I got confused by the earlier conversation here and took away the wrong picture of them searching the house.

Aya Carumba! :D Scandi

scandi said:
OMG! Baa Haa Haa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa How did I ever get that mixed up. Sorry, and I'm not upset Dark_Shadows, infact I'm glad to know that. I kind of keep a mental vision of a case, so somehow envisioned the house in a different state. Guess I got confused by the earlier conversation here and took away the wrong picture of them searching the house.

Aya Carumba! :D Scandi
All of my Respect to you Scandi,:blowkiss:
Since I knew that the home searched here in Vermont,you can see how I assumed that elleryqueen was speaking about Vermont.

I was not thinking of Virginia........you were not thinking of Vermont:D .

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

dark_shadows said:
All of my Respect to you Scandi,:blowkiss:
Since I knew that the home searched here in Vermont,you can see how I assumed that elleryqueen was speaking about Vermont.

I was not thinking of Virginia........you were not thinking of Vermont:D .

Respectfully,
dark_shadows
Scandi and Dark Shadows........somewhere here on WS is the "US states test".....( It is really fun to do it).......and you are giving me gigglessssssssss so you'd have fun taking that........LOLOLOLOLOL
( really I do know you just mixed up the towns.....in those states.....but, it is fun anyhow)
punch.gif

Sundayrain said:
Scandi and Dark Shadows........somewhere here on WS is the "US states test".....( It is really fun to do it).......and you are giving me gigglessssssssss so you'd have fun taking that........LOLOLOLOLOL
( really I do know you just mixed up the towns.....in those states.....but, it is fun anyhow)
punch.gif
Sundayrain......:blowkiss:

I was just looking through the National Sex Offender Public Registry. I found in Burlington, VT, a number of offenders including one who is about to turn 37 yo. I've only looked at a couple of offender listings so far and I feel weird giving this particular man's name unless anyone here can't find the listings themselves. He is listed as:
White Male
Height: 5 feet 11 inches
Weight: 185 lbs
Eye Color: BLU
Hair Color: BRO

Treatment Status: UNAVAILABLE
Wanted: NO

Reason For Internet Posting Department Of Corrections
Conviction For Aggravated Sexual Assault
Supervising Office & Phone#
No longer supervised for sexual crime

Conviction Information
Sexual Offense Conviction(s) Date of Conviction
AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT 04-19-1996

It seems to sort of fit the description given just above, about the cell phone guy who they've identified but declined to call a "suspect". I'm unable to go back to the offender site without losing this entry, but I think he looked a bit like the 3-still-photos guy. I'll provide links if this hasn't already been discussed.

This is probably going way off on a tangent but it seems like the police said they're doing "exhaustive investigations" in other towns surrounding Burlington. After finishing looking at the National Sex Offender Public Registry I had found another man in his mid-thirties who also resembled the blurry pics of the cell-phone guy. This man seems to live in Jericho and the street he seems to be listed as living on has a name similar to the one in Richmond where (mentioned above in this thread) the police spent hours doing forensics, etc., but assured the public that the residents of that home had nothing to do with any crime. I guess the police are just going through the usual investigation of any known previous offenders, but if anyone checks out the SOR they may agree that this man from Jericho seems to have the same broad forehead, etc. as the man in the pictures.

Like an old record with a scratch I seem to be stuck on trying to figure out who the guy in the Main Street pics is. I'll feel like a jerk if he's done nothing wrong.

GoodAim said:
This is probably going way off on a tangent but it seems like the police said they're doing "exhaustive investigations" in other towns surrounding Burlington. After finishing looking at the National Sex Offender Public Registry I had found another man in his mid-thirties who also resembled the blurry pics of the cell-phone guy. This man seems to live in Jericho and the street he seems to be listed as living on has a name similar to the one in Richmond where (mentioned above in this thread) the police spent hours doing forensics, etc., but assured the public that the residents of that home had nothing to do with any crime. I guess the police are just going through the usual investigation of any known previous offenders, but if anyone checks out the SOR they may agree that this man from Jericho seems to have the same broad forehead, etc. as the man in the pictures.

Like an old record with a scratch I seem to be stuck on trying to figure out who the guy in the Main Street pics is. I'll feel like a jerk if he's done nothing wrong.

No harm no foul. Just keep sleuthing I am as suspicious as you. Welcome to WS BTW. Looking forward to your posts.

Yes, Welcome GoodAim,

The media has put out the fact that the house was searched because someone who had contact with Michelle the night of her disappearance has an involvement in that property. Now that could be wrong, as the media often gets things wrong. LOL

I wanted to know where you saw a pic good enough to see his face, even if blurry. All I have seen is the tri-clip on TV which is from far away. I can't make out his face in that at all!

Nice to have you here {wavy guy} Scandi

Thanks for the welcome, concernedperson! I was grinning at you being suspicious too, and then... I got a "delayed reaction" (that I need to re-check) that Michelle and the random guy seemed to be walking more quickly down Main Street than the other people also pictured walking there. Just judging by the length of their strides. If that's the case, it sounds like the way a guy would act who had something already planned -- that method of getting someone "off-balance" (psychologically) by some excuse to rush. Oh, well, enough for now!

Good thought GoodAim,

The girl abducted at the gas station in view of the cameras - was her name Carly, well hope you know who I mean. He did that too with her, motivating her to walk fast, although as I remember he had ahold of her arm at the elbow.

Could it be {I know that is a silly question as we have no idea ;} that if he was motivating Michelle along he told her he had a gun in his pocket? I can't see that picture on TV very well. He isn't touching her, right? Does he have a hand in his pocket?

Scandi

Shes carrying a very large handbag and maybe something pressed up against her jacket, note the dark spot, right hand side. third frame looks like running to me. he also looks like he's carrying something. at first i thought it was an emblem or something on his jacket. is there something in that area to mail things? mailbox or something?
the third frame also shows a good profile for this type of film. he has short hair, parted on the right hand side and a high forehead with thick hair in front of ears but trimmed short, but of course thats it. the second frame w/him looking toward the camera is too small for me to enlarge.

Ah -- thank you too scandi! That's a darned good question about how I could discern the guy's features from those blurry pics. I had to laugh because I'm so nearsighted that's how everything looks to me. But, since this is a serious matter, what I did is probably what everyone does: download pic, adobe photoshop it, back chair away from the computer screen and stare, and .. well, a highish broad forehead seemed to jump out at me. Looking at the pics of the registered sex offenders, if that's even what "we're" (or they're) supposed to be looking for, it was surprising that almost all of the offenders were extremely unusual: grossly overweight (like I should talk), extremely skinny, or just of a different racial background than this guy appeared; much older, shorter than Michelle's 5'8", Santa-Claus-like bearded, etc. Plus, the hair of the guy on Main Street didn't look bleached blond, grey, white, or "red". Scandi, you know, I know, you're right --- there's no way to make an I.D. from those photos! But I guess I saw some similarities. Let me know if (or when) it's appropriate to show you the offender pics I keep referring to!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back