Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presser should be soon? It says 9am. What's the time there now?

Found this article which is dated Friday, February 12, 2016, 12:01 a.m but sounds as if it was written Thursday.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160212/NEWS01/160219726

Many of the volunteer searchers are DeBoer's co-workers from Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Others are family and friends of DeBoer and her husband, Mike.They are sharing photos and asking questions — not just if people might have seen her, but also if they noticed anything that struck them as suspicious near the park-and-ride Monday morning.

snip

As has been their routine this week, volunteers plan to meet again at 6:30 a.m. Friday at the Civic Center at the corner of 232nd Street SW and 58th Avenue to blanket the area and hand out more fliers. Police have planned a 9 a.m. press conference at the Civic Center parking lot.

And in both cases, the husbands found the cars.

I am still baffled by Susan's disappearance and continue to look for any updates in that case. There is either a kidnapper of senior ladies on the loose or the answers lie closer to home. Or... People really DO vanish into thin air. IMOO

No. The police found Susan's car, even though Susan's husband knew that Susan would be shopping in that shopping center.
The police found her car that evening. Susan was "supposed" to be shopping at that Raley's that morning.

Cheryl went missing on a Monday morning. While it is possible that she had to work on the Sunday or Saturday before, if she has a "regular Monday through Friday" job, who, other than her husband, was the last to see her alive after Friday?

I'm not able to watch the presser. Has it happened already?

Really doesn't say why, but ... perhaps they have been asked by the police not to divulge any more info.?

"New developments expected in search for Mountlake Terrace woman"

Also, "Mountlake Terrace police are holding a news conference Friday at 9 a.m. We’ll stream it live on kiro7.com." Here is the link: http://www.kiro7.com/live-stream

Did it get delayed or is it over already? All I'm seeing is weather. I just now tuned in though.

Edited to delete a random quote that snuck in.

I'm not able to watch the presser. Has it happened already?

I think I missed it!!! And the article I posted a few posts ago (#186) has now been updated to include what was said at the presser (with the main thing being that there has been no activity on Cheryl's cellphone since Monday at 7 a.m.; it also says that the police "are trying to pinpoint her cellphone location when she last texted the friend," and that they don't know where her phone is):

"Police: No activity on missing Mountlake Terrace woman's phone since Monday"

I, along with everyone, hope and pray that there is good news at the press conference.

This is not looking good at all.
I wish LE would get a lead.

I think I missed it!!! And the article I posted a few posts ago (#186) has now been updated to include what was said at the presser (with the main thing being that there has been no activity on Cheryl's cellphone since Monday at 7 a.m.; it also says that the police "are trying to pinpoint her cellphone location when she last texted the friend," and that they don't know where her phone is):

And this article still mentions that "she would catch a bus instead."

I, along with everyone, hope and pray that there is good news at the press conference.

Unfortunately it seems all it was, was 'no comment' and 'cannot confirm'. :(

If someone mugged her in that park, surely they would have tried using her phone and credit cards? Or would they lay low with it for a while if they killed her (accidentally?) during the course of the robbery?

Robbery being just a theory.

I'm hoping they can check which cell tower the last ping from her phone went to. I know they can do this with only the cell number and they don't need the phone. They can also check messages and calls made and received on the phone. This may turn up a clue or two. I hope!

Sending out prayers and hope to family and friends of Cheryl DeBoer.

I wonder if her car was already parked in that area previous to the cellphone text.
I wonder then if someone had her phone and was texting this near her car, then they shut the phone off, etc, making it incapable of finding out where the phone GPS actually is. Maybe the phone was destroyed at that point?
Maybe the person who sent the text, then walked away, or drove a different vehicle other than Cheryl's vehicle that was found later on Monday?

IMOO.

I'd just like to know how they know she was definitely there. Was she seen on cctv at all? Either in the overflow lot or the actual transit lot. Or walking in another direction even.
In the above link a reporter asks if they found anything in the car and he replied couldn't comment. Well yesterday (or day before) they said a book was found in the car I think but didn't mention it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice