Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Cheryl's home been searched?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theory by me: what if she did have a stalker, unbeknownst to her? A transient who's always in the park and watches her day in, day out. Feels like he knows her, after a while.

Are there any other areas where transients and homeless are known to hang out around there? Any makeshift camps, and such? Somewhere they could have taken her?

There is conflicting info being given about her credit card use. It was stated a couple of days ago there had been no activity on her credit cards but this morning the news said police were still looking into her credit card activity. So has there suddenly been activity or is this just confused reporting? On Tuesday night in Capitol Hill (neighborhood in Seattle) a woman was walking and a man pulled up next to her, grabbed her and trying to shove her in his truck. I think something like this may have happened to Cheryl while she was walking the three blocks to cut through the park.

I am not following about the family saying she didn't intend to take the bus. Did they see her after she advised her friend that she had forgotten her badge and did she tell them she planned to drive in to work rather than bus it? If not, how would they know that she didn't plan to grab a bus after not connecting with her friend? In other words, did her husband "last see her" when she returned home for her forgotten item?

I find it a little bit odd that CD text her friend to tell her she would be late. If I was running late and knew my friend was waiting for me, I would ring as there is always the possibility they wouldn't see the text and I wouldn't want to make them late for work.
Just maybe she had other plans which she didn't want to share with her friend.

My theory is:

#1 that if she was abducted by a stranger it was probably for sexual assault and not to rob her, and she was probably pushed into the vehicle and taken away. If she is in the park, she may be concealed because the person attacking her was worried about leaving DNA.

#2 Or someone close to her or knows her personally has something to do with it and did the texting from the area with the phone and planted the car there.

I am not following about the family saying she didn't intend to take the bus. Did they see her after she advised her friend that she had forgotten her badge and did she tell them she planned to drive in to work rather than bus it? If not, how would they know that she didn't plan to grab a bus after not connecting with her friend? In other words, did her husband "last see her" when she returned home for her forgotten item?

My understanding is that the media had gotten it wrong. The family after seeing the texts between CD and her friend came to the conclusion she did not intend on taking the bus and did not text that to her friend. Apparently she told her friend she forgot her badge, the friend said she would wait and asked how long she would be and CD said 10 mins. After that point the friend was no longer able to make any contact with CD via cell phone. So there was no mention from CD about taking the bus is my understanding of it.

MOO

She sure does look like a sweet woman. Hope she's ok

My understanding is that the media had gotten it wrong. The family after seeing the texts between CD and her friend came to the conclusion she did not intend on taking the bus and did not text that to her friend. Apparently she told her friend she forgot her badge, the friend said she would wait and asked how long she would be and CD said 10 mins. After that point the friend was no longer able to make any contact with CD via cell phone. So there was no mention from CD about taking the bus is my understanding of it.

MOO
Thank you!

I was thinking. If she only lived 1 1/2 miles away maybe she didn't want to loose her parking spot so she walked/jogged back home. Why wouldn't the friend offer to swing by her house to pick her up or meet her at her car and drive her back home instead of just waiting for her. Seems like it would have been faster to do it that way. Just a thought...

There is conflicting info being given about her credit card use. It was stated a couple of days ago there had been no activity on her credit cards but this morning the news said police were still looking into her credit card activity. So has there suddenly been activity or is this just confused reporting? On Tuesday night in Capitol Hill (neighborhood in Seattle) a woman was walking and a man pulled up next to her, grabbed her and trying to shove her in his truck. I think something like this may have happened to Cheryl while she was walking the three blocks to cut through the park.

I don't completely understand the timing. If she was at the carpark, and she had to walk 3 blocks to her car, how could she go home, get her badge, and return in 10 minutes?

I'm fairly certain that photo was taken at Fred Hutch. While her husband reported her missing, her friends at work mobilized instantly. I believe they supplied that initial photo.
I would like to know if she usually Wears her work badge when she leaves the house.
There is a photo of her that looks like she is wearing a work badge around her neck.

IMOO.

ETA:

It is this photo in this link.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...ing-missing-mountlake-terrace-woman/80068942/

What if she did make it back to her house to grab her badge & she walked in on something she shouldn't have? Did her husband still work? Would he have been home still that early in the morning?
And as I am not familiar with the whole carpooling or taking buses, it's just not the normal thing around where I live, was it normal for CD to carpool with this friend or other co-workers, or take the bus regularly or was this just a spur of the moment kinda thing? And if so why? Was she having car issues, her car is an older one, so if there were issues with her car I could see not wanting to travel too far just in case something did happen. And how far away was her office from her home?
And lastly was CD a regular texter or would that be abnormal for her to text?
*All these questions may have been asked & answered, but I didn't see them while skimming during my lunch hour [emoji12]

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

MOO
Thank you for posting this. I keep reading theories that someone nefariously sent texts from her phone but it doesn't make sense that a kidnapper would tell her friend/coworker to wait for her for 10 minutes. I believe the police mobilized so quickly because the coworker then waited longer than the anticipated 10 minutes, went in to work thinking Cheryl went on the bus, then immediately realized something happened. They called her husband, the husband realized she wasn't at home, and he called police.

I am a long, long, LONG time lurker, but finally registered... :) anyhow, I live 10 mins from this P&R and pass it every day to go to work, so I've been following this story and keeping my eyes out for her. I hope she is okay :(

Ceattle

I am a long, long, LONG time lurker, but finally registered... :) anyhow, I live 10 mins from this P&R and pass it every day to go to work, so I've been following this story and keeping my eyes out for her. I hope she is okay :(

Ceattle

Welcome to Websleuths Ceattle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members