Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe their workplace only allow you to have a parking spot if you car share. Many places seem to operate like that now. Arrive on your own and they won't let you park on the premises. Just one reason why they may have shared cars. Another being the cost or good friends that worked the same hours.

What if she did make it back to her house to grab her badge & she walked in on something she shouldn't have? Did her husband still work? Would he have been home still that early in the morning?
And as I am not familiar with the whole carpooling or taking buses, it's just not the normal thing around where I live, was it normal for CD to carpool with this friend or other co-workers, or take the bus regularly or was this just a spur of the moment kinda thing? And if so why? Was she having car issues, her car is an older one, so if there were issues with her car I could see not wanting to travel too far just in case something did happen. And how far away was her office from her home?
And lastly was CD a regular texter or would that be abnormal for her to text?
*All these questions may have been asked & answered, but I didn't see them while skimming during my lunch hour [emoji12]

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

On the 9th page of this thread (I can't link it) there is a link that says she normally rides with coworkers/friends. A lot of.people here carpool because the traffic is terrible especially once you get towards downtown (which is the way she would go) it bottlenecks. There is a carpool lane between the highways that changes direction depending on the time of day. At that time it would be open going towards seattle and you need more then one person to travel in those lanes. It is about 12 miles to her work. It could easily take a hour without carpooling.

On the 9th page of this thread (I can't link it) there is a link that says she normally rides with coworkers/friends. A lot of.people here carpool because the traffic is terrible especially once you get towards downtown (which is the way she would go) it bottlenecks. There is a carpool lane between the highways that changes direction depending on the time of day. At that time it would be open going towards seattle and you need more then one person to travel in those lanes. It is about 12 miles to her work. It could easily take a hour without carpooling.

I don't know how I missed this. I am in Seattle and just got done with a big project for Fred Hutch, one of the clients of my ad agency. I am jumping (admittedly) to the conclusion that her husband might know something. Statistically that's the answer, so certainly where investigators would start looking (from the inside out). Mount lake Terrace on South Lake Union (where her office is) are active and vibrant areas.

However it's still stays dark here later into the morning this far north, so someone could have been lurking if she were walking across a park.

I guess I have just seen too many forensic files not to be suspicious of the hubby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe their workplace only allow you to have a parking spot if you car share. Many places seem to operate like that now. Arrive on your own and they won't let you park on the premises. Just one reason why they may have shared cars. Another being the cost or good friends that worked the same hours.

I work at Fred Hutchinson (although I don't know Cheryl), and while we are allowed to park at work if we travel solo, we have to pay $125 for a monthly parking pass. A carpool parking pass is 1/4 of the cost of a single traveler parking pass. There are a number of other incentives to encourage us to carpool or take public transportation. So... a lot of people who work here carpool or take the bus. If she didn't have a parking pass for a single car (which she most likely didn't if she belonged to a carpool), parking would have been a real challenge. Patients are seen at the main campus where Cheryl worked, and they will often opt to avoid paying for parking in the garage for patients, so it's really tough to find a parking spot on the street.

Something else I want to chime in with: It has really resonated with me and my coworkers in my department that she turned back to get her badge. We really need our badges here: to enter buildings, to get through doorways, even to use equipment like the copier machines. In my department, we need to have our badge with us to use the bathroom. It's miserable to have to borrow someone's badge every time you need to get through a doorway or use a machine. I completely understand why she would take the time to return home for her badge.

I work at Fred Hutchinson (although I don't know Cheryl), and while we are allowed to park at work if we travel solo, we have to pay $125 for a monthly parking pass. A carpool parking pass is 1/4 of the cost of a single traveler parking pass. There are a number of other incentives to encourage us to carpool or take public transportation. So... a lot of people who work here carpool or take the bus. If she didn't have a parking pass for a single car (which she most likely didn't if she belonged to a carpool), parking would have been a real challenge. Patients are seen at the main campus where Cheryl worked, and they will often opt to avoid paying for parking in the garage for patients, so it's really tough to find a parking spot on the street.

Something else I want to chime in with: It has really resonated with me and my coworkers in my department that she turned back to get her badge. We really need our badges here: to enter buildings, to get through doorways, even to use equipment like the copier machines. In my department, we need to have our badge with us to use the bathroom. It's miserable to have to borrow someone's badge every time you need to get through a doorway or use a machine. I completely understand why she would take the time to return home for her badge.

Thanks for the explanation of the car sharing/parking situation, that clears that up.
About the badge, I used to have to use one under the same circumstances as you state but if we forgot to bring it, we could borrow a temporary one from security that would have to be returned at the end of the day, signed in and out for. Is that a possibility at FH? Thank you and good to have you come and share your info.

They definitely have carpool spots out front.

Thanks for the explanation of the car sharing/parking situation, that clears that up.
About the badge, I used to have to use one under the same circumstances as you state but if we forgot to bring it, we could borrow a temporary one from security that would have to be returned at the end of the day, signed in and out for. Is that a possibility at FH? Thank you and good to have you come and share your info.

As a vendor I could get a temp pass for the day. They are pretty security tight, but I am very sure they don't turn employees away who forgot their badges.

Sorry, Cascadian! I just saw your posts. You have way more knowledge as an employee than I do as a vendor. But I do love Fred Hutch. Awesome org. (We did the giving campaign thats been around town!)

After watching the raw footage of the presser, I am convinced they know substantially more then they are saying....Which is a good thing. The Commander seems very comfortable at being in charge, I also LIKE that.....Lets hope he finds her....IMHO

Thank you for this! I am intrigued by the questions the commander side-stepped: when was she last seen, any altercations, etc. I notice he isn't warning the community to be cautious, lock doors, or be vigilant on their own behalf, either.

The refusal to answer when she was last seen stood out to me. I was hoping he would definitively answer that. The location of the car in proximity to the police dept, library, transit etc. makes me think there has to be some sort of street surveillance?

He referred to transit footage, but I was hoping to learn if the car was seen. Did she exit the car at all? Was it upon first arriving & she didn't return, did she drive off for the badge then return & exit the car the 2nd time and disappear? If the vicinity of the car is on surveillance, did it show what direction she walked and was she alone? Have they said or implied the family & home is ruled out? I don't mean to be insensitive & can only imagine what the husband & son are going through, but they've not said anything nor been mentioned beyond the understandable grief.

It's hard to believe that in that busy of an area practically on top of the police dept at that peak time of morning absolutely no one & no camera saw anything & she just vanished into thin air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm fairly certain that photo was taken at Fred Hutch. While her husband reported her missing, her friends at work mobilized instantly. I believe they supplied that initial photo.

Right, I am not saying that photo was taken at her house.
I am saying, what was her routine before leaving her house?
Did she routinely put her badge around her neck BEFORE she leaves the house?
You know wear it under her coat, over top of her sweater or blouse.
If that was her routine to do so,(I don't know) then why that particular morning would she forget to put it on and forget it at home?
Or does she put the badge in her purse and then when she gets to work, puts it on?
IMOO.

It's hard to believe that in that busy of an area practically on top of the police dept at that peak time of morning absolutely no one & no camera saw anything & she just vanished into thin air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
....i agree i went over that way this morning its very populated my mom received a knock at her door this morning she did receive a flier when i left the area today i didn't see any activity and i catch the freeway right there also saw no activity by the lake but it was raining extremely hard this morning lightened up some after noon ....i too-like to know exactly what day someone physically last saw her .....

I may have missed this, but has it been mentioned if it would be possible time wise for her to get from where her car was parked, to home to get her badge, and back to where the friend was waiting, all in 10 minutes?

Two remarks: personally I don't find it odd if Cheryl would text a friend that she'd be late instead of calling her. I despise phones and would definitely have texted. A lot of my friends are that way actually, and we are def not from the younger generation, lol.
Also, I can't find it now because it's moving so fast, but somewhere on her 'Missing' FB page someone was sending their sympathies to the family and mentioned she saw Cheryl in the bus every day. The family member who runs the page replied asking her to tell the police so they could check with the bus driver if they'd seen her that day. So I take it Cheryl would usually ride the bus?

There is so much that bothers me about this case, and so much I can't put my finger on...

Yes, we can get temporary, generic badges for the day if we forget our badge. In my department, we need to sign one out from the administrative assistant, who doesn't arrive until 9 or so, which can be inconvenient for people who start early. I don't know if that would be the case in the VIDD, where Cheryl works. But getting into the building in the first place and finding the right person at her desk when you need to sign out a badge can be a hassle. I've turned around a few times myself to retrieve my badge when I've realized I've left the house without it.

After watching the raw footage of the presser, I am convinced they know substantially more then they are saying....Which is a good thing. The Commander seems very comfortable at being in charge, I also LIKE that.....Lets hope he finds her....IMHO

This makes me think that a) they think someone she knew was involved or b) they found evidence that they can’t comment about yet or c) they found evidence she may have taken off on her own accord. I’m leaning towards a) because if they found evidence of a kidnapping or struggle wouldn’t they tell people that and warn people in the area to be extra careful? I have only heard them ask the public to report if they saw anything odd in that area that morning, no warnings to be careful. I have offered to help search tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo