Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they need to check Terrace Creek Park which is in between her house and the park and ride. It is 60 acres and is heavily wooded.

its really only blocks away it not far at all from the transit but its a populated area ppl coming and going to freeway n transit and school buses and she lives very close to a huge wooded park blocks away

Is redmond near here. There is a woman missing
From there same day.

After watching the raw footage of the presser, I am convinced they know substantially more then they are saying....Which is a good thing. The Commander seems very comfortable at being in charge, I also LIKE that.....Lets hope he finds her....IMHO

I agree. I think they know a lot more!

After watching, I too feel that LE know more than they're prepared to reveal at this moment.

As an aside, something I saw here has me :thinking:
Earlier in the thread, Cheryl was referred to as a 'senior' lady. I'm close to Cheryl's age and was surprised to see a 54 year old being described as a senior. In the U.S, at what age do you generally classify people as seniors? I always assumed 65 years old and above, but it would seem it's much younger than 65.

After watching, I too feel that LE know more than they're prepared to reveal at this moment.

Earlier in the thread, Cheryl was referred to as a 'senior' lady. I'm close to Cheryl's age and was surprised to see a 54 year old being described as a senior. In the U.S, at what age do you generally classify people as seniors? I always assumed 65 years old and above, but it would seem it's much younger than 65.

I wouldn't call her a senior. But that's me.

I know when you are 55 years old you can get Senior Discounts at the ARC which is a Thrift Store, but you can't get regular social security, or medicare at 55, so maybe it is semantics. ( I was just using 55 as a baseline because of the senior discount status at the ARC. I know she is younger than 55.)
I would venture to think a younger person would think someone of our age group as older or senior compared to themselves.
I still say... You Are As Young as You Feel!!! :)
IMOO.

Thats not far at all she has a thread here im on my phone and cant link it

Yes, this is the missing Redmond woman: http://www.redmond-reporter.com/news/368632281.html

Weird they both disappeared Monday morning. The woman from Redmond was upset when she last talked to a family member but did not give details, I’m wondering if this had something to do with her disappearance, did she take off? The area she disappeared from is busy with traffic and very populated.

To a young reporter that went through our public school system and then on to journalism school, and spells foul play as "fowl play"..... anybody over 35 years old would be considered a senior. I'll refrain from mentioning what I call the younger generation of millennials, since it would be considered Timeout material.

I may have missed this, but has it been mentioned if it would be possible time wise for her to get from where her car was parked, to home to get her badge, and back to where the friend was waiting, all in 10 minutes?

Two remarks: personally I don't find it odd if Cheryl would text a friend that she'd be late instead of calling her. I despise phones and would definitely have texted. A lot of my friends are that way actually, and we are def not from the younger generation, lol.
Also, I can't find it now because it's moving so fast, but somewhere on her 'Missing' FB page someone was sending their sympathies to the family and mentioned she saw Cheryl in the bus every day. The family member who runs the page replied asking her to tell the police so they could check with the bus driver if they'd seen her that day. So I take it Cheryl would usually ride the bus?

There is so much that bothers me about this case, and so much I can't put my finger on...
Assuming she wouldn't have to fight for a parking place on her return, it would be just about possible to make that trip in 10 minutes, taking morning traffic into account.

Interesting remark about taking the same bus every day. I thought it was reported that she usually carpooled? (I need to start keeping notes.) If she does bus, there are quite a few that she could take - 3 or 4 routes go from that transit center to the stop she would most likely use to get to Fred Hutch. And each of them runs several times an hour. Unless she is on exactly the same schedule every day, I would think she might not always ride the same bus.

(Native Pride, could you believe the rain this morning? Was very sad for the searchers. And now the sun is out and it is gorgeous!)

Assuming she wouldn't have to fight for a parking place on her return, it would be just about possible to make that trip in 10 minutes, taking morning traffic into account.

Interesting remark about taking the same bus every day. I thought it was reported that she usually carpooled? (I need to start keeping notes.) If she does bus, there are quite a few that she could take - 3 or 4 routes go from that transit center to the stop she would most likely use to get to Fred Hutch. And each of them runs several times an hour. Unless she is on exactly the same schedule every day, I would think she might not always ride the same bus.

(Native Dancer, could you believe the rain this morning? Was very sad for the searchers. And now the sun is out and it is gorgeous!)
A local commented early in the thread, that the park and ride is never full at the 7am
hour... and she thought it odd that she parked elsewhere.

(Native Dancer, could you believe the rain this morning? Was very sad for the searchers. And now the sun is out and it is gorgeous!)

You know... who knows what is what. The details aren't always clear. IMOO.

I did find this post for the Mountlake Terrace History Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/MLThistory/posts/1520291464934487

I am 62. Seniors are 80+. :) I thought HUH? when a reporter asked Commander Kevin about Cheryl being a senior with possible health problems.

A local commented early in the thread, that the park and ride is never full at the 7am
hour... and she thought it odd that she parked elsewhere.

I don’t think it’s that odd. The park and ride near where I live fills up by 6:45 am on a daily basis. She may have assumed it was already full and didn’t want the hassle of driving around the lot to see and just decided to park on the street. Also, park and rides are known for car break-ins, she may have parked on the street because the car would be out in the open and less likely to get broken in to.

Thanks for sharing the link! Also, thank you to those familiar with her employer! It's great to get the extra information.

I've just watched the press conference. I have a lot of confidence in Prickart! I'm extremely pleased with the effort LE is putting into the investigation, and personally, I feel they have some ideas. I still really want to know when she was last truly seen alive and by whom. BUT, I feel LE has good reason not to share that information. I'm hopeful that this will be solved.

However, sadly, I feel she has met harm. :( I just hope if that's true, someone is quickly brought to justice!

I hope this sweet lady is ok. I have to admit though it doesn't sound good at all [emoji17] i never like it when the husband/fiancee/boyfriend was the last to see someone who is now missing. When was she last seen by anyone other than her husband?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member