Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So her badge/Orca pass were definitely still at the house? hmmm. Did any neighbors see her return to the house?

I hadn't heard that there was surveillance video from an espresso stand. Did they find the coffee cup in her car? Or discarded in the park, perhaps? Does the barista remember seeing her/did it seem like anything was wrong?

It's dry right now. Looks like we may get showers but it should be basically decent for the searchers. Yesterday morning it was pouring buckets; today looks more promising. I admire the searchers so much for powering through that. I had to work the past few days and today I will have grandkids all day. I may be able to join the search tomorrow.

Thank you! I thought earlier in the thread, someone stated that LE said they knew she was there that morning. Apparently I'm not remembering correctly, or they aren't. Anyway, I know I keep saying this, but I'm so pleased with the thorough investigation! I think they really are doing their very best to rule out the park. If I hadn't moved away last year, I would certainly be out searching! I'm so proud of my favorite city.

In one of the pressers Pickard talked about the gravel path and used the words "She walked". At that point, with his language, I thought he literally meant she did walk through that path.
I will go back to link what post this was.

ETA:
Page 9 of this thread, My Post: post number 124

Thanks! :)

I just viewed a portion of the video and Pickard mentions around the 12 minutes 39 seconds portion of the video:
Pickard states:

"This area that she walked down..."

(He was talking about a gravel pathway.)

So perhaps he talked to people who saw her, or she is on video...

He did say "She Walked Down", like perhaps she was there...IMOO.

http://www.kiro7.com/.../video-family-of-missing.../72160976

Thanks for bringing the video to my attention again. :)

Bringing My Post forward (post#124 pg. 9 of this thread) from Feb. 11th about what Pickard said in video.

What the cops probably know that none of us do:

Whether a neighbor or witness saw her initially leave home that morning.

Whether a neighbor or witness saw her return home that morning to get her badge.

If her vehicle appears on surveillance video at any point that morning between home and the parking spot.

Whether they were able to find footprints or an indication that she walked into the wooded area.

Whether a witness physically saw her at any point that morning.

If her phone was GPS enabled.

Whether a witness saw her park the car and get out at the location the car was found.

Not knowing the details listed above greatly inhibits the ability to make informed conclusions about this woman's fate. I'm a little puzzled why some of this information isn't being provided to the public if LE is serious about needing the public's help in order to find her.

Of course, the most obvious answer would be because they themselves can't find a single witness that saw anything that morning.

I still wonder if she may have made it back home & walked in unannounced on something she wasn't supposed to see.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Apologies in advance if I've missed this discussion already but... (the links are all here in previous posts)

- last seen leaving her home at 7am
- last text sent from her phone at 7:02am saying she forgot her badge
- badge is still at the house

Despite where her car was found, I kind of have a sick feeling she's maybe at the house too? Unless I've missed something really important?

What about the possibility of her being of abducted from near the car? She parks her car gets out and starts to walk ,realizes she doesn't have her badge. Texts her friend as she walks back to the car and is pushed into another vehicle and taken away. Her phone taken from her, turned off or the battery taken out. I mean I think it's a slim chance scenario, but possible maybe??

Just thinking MOO

Apologies in advance if I've missed this discussion already but... (the links are all here in previous posts)

- last seen leaving her home at 7am
- last text sent from her phone at 7:02am saying she forgot her badge
- badge is still at the house

Despite where her car was found, I kind of have a sick feeling she's maybe at the house too? Unless I've missed something really important?

I haven't seen confirmation that the house was searched but I have to believe it was done. LE seems so very proactive and committed to this search. This all suggests to me that nothing suspicious was found. Of course, there are ways that would be possible. Not accusing anyone.

Others have mentioned the large wooded park near Cheryl's house. I hope that is being searched, too.

If someone had planned this, it would also be very easy to travel a short distance in any direction to countless areas of thick woods, remote spots, or water. Actually, I don't know why a perp would choose water disposal in this area because even in residential areas around here, it isn't hard to find brushy or wooded areas. Much more likely that a body would be found eventually in a body of water.

I live less than 3 miles from her, and within half a mile of me, there are 2 huge areas where someone could be concealed. Very typical for the area.

I despise having had to type any of that.

What the cops probably know that none of us do:

Whether a neighbor or witness saw her initially leave home that morning.

Whether a neighbor or witness saw her return home that morning to get her badge.

If her vehicle appears on surveillance video at any point that morning between home and the parking spot.

Whether they were able to find footprints or an indication that she walked into the wooded area.

Whether a witness physically saw her at any point that morning.

If her phone was GPS enabled.

Whether a witness saw her park the car and get out at the location the car was found.

Not knowing the details listed above greatly inhibits the ability to make informed conclusions about this woman's fate. I'm a little puzzled why some of this information isn't being provided to the public if LE is serious about needing the public's help in order to find her.

Of course, the most obvious answer would be because they themselves can't find a single witness that saw anything that morning.

Quoted for emphasis because all of this is exactly what has been sitting in my gut. I don't understand the complete lack of confirming any details at all. That area is part of a small community with a ton of wooded areas, and the proximity from home to the location the car was found is small. The time frame is very short. The 3 things that stick out in my mind are:

1. She staged this & disappeared on her own - trauma no one knew about, dementia/health issues undetected, personal probs not making the media or extended family, etc.

2. She never made it to the location where the car was in the first place & something happened before that which was covered up.

3. Somewhere between the transit center & her car, she was abducted and/or assaulted. What bothers me most about this & the lack of details is that the area is so public. We've walked that whole area before, shop there, have Munzee'd etc. Yes, the park is wooded & the bottom half of it is dark & really creepy (to me). But the time frame is SO SHORT & her car was up top. Who would plan to do this to someone literally right on top of the police station?!

She either randomly ran into exactly the wrong person at the wrong time in the wrong spot who could instantly silence her & hide her without anyone seeing anything, or there's a lot more to this. It's just not adding up at all.

Quoted for emphasis because all of this is exactly what has been sitting in my gut. I don't understand the complete lack of confirming any details at all. That area is part of a small community with a ton of wooded areas, and the proximity from home to the location the car was found is small. The time frame is very short. The 3 things that stick out in my mind are:

1. She staged this & disappeared on her own - trauma no one knew about, dementia/health issues undetected, personal probs not making the media or extended family, etc.

2. She never made it to the location where the car was in the first place & something happened before that which was covered up.

3. Somewhere between the transit center & her car, she was abducted and/or assaulted. What bothers me most about this & the lack of details is that the area is so public. We've walked that whole area before, shop there, have Munzee'd etc. Yes, the park is wooded & the bottom half of it is dark & really creepy (to me). But the time frame is SO SHORT & her car was up top. Who would plan to do this to someone literally right on top of the police station?!

She either randomly ran into exactly the wrong person at the wrong time in the wrong spot who could instantly silence her & hide her without anyone seeing anything, or there's a lot more to this. It's just not adding up at all.

I agree with that.

I can admit now that I'm totally........ stumped.jpg stumped.

Maybe someone she knew pulled up next to her after she parked her car and offered her a quick ride back home so she wouldn't lose her parking spot, and then attacked her after she was in their vehicle.

That would explain her complete disappearance as well as the phone being disabled.

Of course, that would also mean it was somebody well known to her that she trusted in. I suggest they compile a list of people that live in her neighborhood that either came into work late that morning or didn't show up at all. Acquaintances of hers that also use the park-and-ride service would be prime candidates.

Even more stumped now.....stumps.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, but what are the hours for having sunlight in this area? I have always lived in the southeast or southwest and I know in the north in the winter, daylight can be much shorter. TIA!

Its just starting to get light a little after 7:00 am and gets dark around 5:30ish. I'm sure someone can pull up exact sunrise and sunset times for the day she went missing.

I keep thinking that if the police really thought she'd been attacked randomly, they would be warning the community to take precautions. Despite having seen a lot of coverage of this story, I haven't heard even a hint of caution to the community.

I agree that the window of opportunity for something to have happnened near the park seems very small. It would have been darkish (I forget what the weather was like on Monday; if it wasn't overcast, it would not have been dark-dark) but I have to think there are other people around at that time. I commute from the Lynnwood P&R, which is the stop right before MLT. People are out in force there, and plenty of people get on the bus when we stop at MLT.

I rode my back down 58th and the trail the morning CD went missing around 7:20. It was pretty light out by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the possibility of her being of abducted from near the car? She parks her car gets out and starts to walk ,realizes she doesn't have her badge. Texts her friend as she walks back to the car and is pushed into another vehicle and taken away. Her phone taken from her, turned off or the battery taken out. I mean I think it's a slim chance scenario, but possible maybe??

Just thinking MOO

Idk if texting was her CD's norm, but If she was say walking back to her car wouldn't it be a lot easier to just call, then if she was driving I'd hope she wouldn't text & drive, especially in morning traffic. Texting takes more time with the waiting for a reply & then the back & forth when a 30 second phone call would've been way faster & to the point.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I rode my back down 58th and the trail the morning CD went missing around 7:20. It was pretty light out by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this. Did you see many other people in the park? Was the main lot full when you got there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse