Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another big search tomorrow. I am so impressed with the FB page and how they are getting everything organized, keeping people up to date and staying on top of anything they can possibly do to help. We see so many cases here and think "where are the family and friends?" and "why are there no searches?" These guys are definitely on top of things. I hope they find Cheryl soon!

An article mentioned a search dog. Was that a one time thing? I wonder if search and/or cadaver dogs could be or have been brought back to look from the location where the car was found all through the park & the distance to the home.

Also, the surveillance from an espresso stand. If it's the one in the same lot as DD Meats, I'm wondering if there's question as to who drove the car from home to 58th or who was with her? Was her last known location actually by her car, or was she last seen by her husband leaving home & her phone's last location was by her car? Big difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want to say that this is a wooded park, though. Like, thick evergreen woods. If it does turn out (please, no) that Cheryl is there, and that several days' worth of search crews missed her, it won't completely surprise me.

As others noted upthread, I hope the bigger park near her home is being searched, too. They've also mentioned Lake Ballinger, which is not far but in the oppostite direction - west of the transit center. Cheryl's home is to the northeast.

The terrain in this area is very dense with trees and brushes that are not easy to navigate, I will not be surprised if she is found in an area that was already searched.

Have searchers been looking UP as well I wonder?

If those pings show that the text was made from the couple's home there are going to be some questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think pings are that accurate. They will only indicate an area, not a specific house afaik.

Let's examine some media accounts of the events.

Investigators say DeBoer was supposed to meet a friend at the Mountlake Terrace Park and Ride so they could carpool to work. She texted the friend around 7:00 a.m. stating she would catch the bus instead. Police say no one has seen or heard from her since.

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/10/police...und-disappearance-of-mountlake-terrace-woman/

Police say she texted her friend that she forgot her work ID badge at home and would have to go back to get it. Her friend offered to wait but DeBoer never showed.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...lake-terrance-missing-cheryl-deboer/80279694/

DeBoer, 54, sent a text message to a friend around 7 a.m. Monday, saying that she forgot her work badge at home. She told her friend to go on without her. Her friend asked how long she would be and told her she would wait. DeBoer estimated it would take her about 10 minutes. She has not been seen or heard from since.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20...ut-no-sign-of-missing-Mountlake-Terrace-woman

According to investigators and family members, DeBoer was supposed to meet a friend Monday morning at the Mountlake Terrace park-and-ride lot and carpool to her job at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
She texted her friend around 7 a.m., stating that she would catch a bus instead. She has not been seen or heard from since that time.
Her car was later located, parked in the 23400 block of 58th Avenue Southwest, about three blocks away from the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center in an area that's often used for overflow parking. A path from there to the transit center passes through an unlighted area with heavy vegetation, police said.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo...s-find-this-Mountlake-Terrace-mom-6821328.php

Cheryl DeBoer.jpg
Cheryl DeBoer

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/police...0BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNpbWFnZQ--

zoomable map of the vicinity her car was found:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.knlZzA2tpxDE&usp=sharing

The big question, did she return home to get her badge or not ?? If yes, then what ? If no, then what ?

I wonder if someone knows if Cheryl normally parked her car on the street and not in the lot. I can see thinking oh, I'll just park here vs going to the lot everyday hoping it's not full yet or maybe it's hard to get out of the lot and actually quicker to walk through the park then wait in a long line of cars trying to get out. There is a parking structure right across from where I work and logically people would think it's best to park there but in reality it's far easier to park in the lot I use two blocks down because the structure is a huge pain to get out of at night. Or, maybe she just really enjoyed having that little nature walk.

To me, the texts make it seem as though she did leave for work as normal, parked, started her walk and then realized she forgot her badge so she turned around while texting her friend but never made it back to her car. I just don't see someone else sending the 10 minute text. I think she sent that and then something bad happened.

I've been searching a lot for pictures of the park and there are numerous paths and it is pretty wooded. I think it would be a bit creepy walking through there in the still somewhat dark mornings or evenings if you were alone. I'm sure most times there are other commuters around so that may have given Cheryl a false sense of security.

In some of the info about the commuter lot, there are cameras there so had she actually made it that far I think LE would have evidence of that. Although I hate the idea of cameras everywhere, when things like this happen I can't help but think too bad there aren't cameras in the park (I'm assuming there aren't or we'd be much further along in finding Cheryl.)

I just googled, sunrise was at 7:19 am so when she sent that text at 7:02 am it was certainly still quite dark. Dawning perhaps but if she was in that park at the time it would have been quite dark due to the trees. Is this park well lit? I suppose not because several here have stated it's dark and they would be scared to walk into it alone, especially as a woman.

I think something happened to her in the park and she hasn't been found yet, or was moved.

I've been following this and can't shake a feeling that it's work related. I wonder if she managed anyone and had to either let them go in the past or she was about to report something. Perhaps this person knew or monitored her routine. If she didn't disappear on her own - I just don't get the sense it was a random act otherwise I think she would have been found. A case of robbery probably would have the person running quickly and leaving her behind so that's why I can't see someone in the woods taking her at random. Although there have been cases of victims getting pulled into cars and driven elsewhere. This is a very odd situation.

And this would mean it's someone close to her, since it indicates she probably never left home. But did LE say they think she was definitely at the park and ride?

I haven't seen definitive confirmation.

Going back to this older video attached to this article that I referred to earlier (about something else):

At 1 minute 20 seconds, the reporter states:

"Today, Search and Rescue teams focused on Veteran's Memorial Park; a large woods between the transit center and the Street where DeBoer's car was found."

"Police say they don't know if DeBoer took this trail early in the morning, or if she walked a longer route around the block."

http://www.kiro7.com/news/fred-hutc...-after-car-found-near-transit-center/68483639

Also, in the video around 1 minute 38 seconds:
Dep. Chief Pete Claw said that they were searching the park "Trying to Exclude the possibility she may still be in the park".
"Updated: Feb 9, 2016 - 6:38 PM"

There are still questions about the timeline, at least for me,anyway.
( around 52 seconds in the video on my previous post the reporter mentions that she left
for work A LITTLE BEFORE 7am.)
There doesn't seem to be a lot of time that transpired between a little before 7am and 7:02am.

It's been said that she left her home a little before 7am, and she sent that last text at 7:02 am, given that she lives about a mile and a half away from where her car was parked, then she couldn't have been very far at all down the trail or on the block when she found out she didn't have her badge. Maybe she was right at her car, like it has been said that evidence Suggests she was near her car. Maybe evidence is the Time Value. (If she even drove the car herself.?)

IMOO.

If it turns out that she isn't in that park, then somebody went through one hell of an elaborate effort to stage all of this. The text to the friend, the car being parked, the phone being turned off, any and all of it could have been done by a third party that knows her routine.

If they absolutely clear the park today as being a possible location, then an alternative theory is going to have to be formulated. I personally think she is in the park hidden under leaves or branches or something similar, deliberately covered up to avoid detection. Her phone was disabled by someone smart enough to know that cell phones can be tracked.

We'll see.

If it turns out that she isn't in that park, then somebody went through one hell of an elaborate effort to stage all of this. The text to the friend, the car being parked, the phone being turned off, any and all of it could have been done by a third party that knows her routine.

If they absolutely clear the park today as being a possible location, then an alternative theory is going to have to be formulated. I personally think she is in the park hidden under leaves or branches or something similar, deliberately covered up to avoid detection. Her phone was disabled by someone smart enough to know that cell phones can be tracked.

We'll see.

And not only that but her mom said that her badge and ORCA card were at Home.

I hope she is found, wherever she is.
IMOO.

ETA:

The thing is, her car was left in that area. So if she is in the park, disabling her phone is one thing, but her car left in that area is another.
If they didn't want to track her to the park, then why not move the car? They didn't know which car was hers, perhaps?

Lots of questions...
IMOO.

We'll see.

I also think it's most likely she's in the park, but your sentence that "somebody went through one hell of an elaborate effort to stage all of this" got me thinking - what if she herself staged all this? What if she voluntarily disappeared. It's possible. She might have sent the text that she forgot her badge to her friend so they won't get suspicious, hoping they will go on without her. When they offered to wait she switched her phone off because she hadn't anticipated this and didn't know how to 'get rid' of them. She might have arrived at the location where she left the car later and was never there at 7am, which would mean LE is looking at the wrong time when scouring cctv footage. Her car was found next morning, she could have left it at any point within those 24 hours.

Just trying to look at this mystery from another angle.

I also think it's most likely she's in the park, but your sentence that "somebody went through one hell of an elaborate effort to stage all of this" got me thinking - what if she herself staged all this? What if she voluntarily disappeared. It's possible. She might have sent the text that she forgot her badge to her friend so they won't get suspicious, hoping they will go on without her. When they offered to wait she switched her phone off because she hadn't anticipated this and didn't know how to 'get rid' of them. She might have arrived at the location where she left the car later and was never there at 7am, which would mean LE is looking at the wrong time when scouring cctv footage. Her car was found next morning, she could have left it at any point within those 24 hours.

Her car was found that afternoon by her husband,on Monday, the day she went missing.

I agree with you, except for a few notable issues:

A) She has no history of behaving like a fruitcake.

B) Her and her husband have no history of domestic issues in their marriage.

C) Their close family, friends, and coworkers have seen no signs of problems in their marriage.

For either of them to have been involved in this at all, it would've almost have to be a complete meltdown of sorts. It simply doesn't add up.

C) Their close family, friends, and coworkers have seen no signs of problems in their marriage.

For either of them to have been involved in this at all, it would've almost have to be a complete meltdown of sorts. It simply doesn't add up.

Thing is, you never know what goes on behind closed doors. (not saying that Cheryl and her husband are having problems.)
IMOO.

I don't know what you mean by "either of them", I was only speculating whether Cheryl herself might have wanted to leave. And maybe she did have a meltdown.

ETA: Every couple has issues. Actually when it is said that someone has no issues I rather find it to be a red flag. Something might have been brewing underneath the surface. jmo

Thing is, you never know what goes on behind closed doors. (not saying that Cheryl and her husband are having problems.)
IMOO.

I agree, and if they clear that park 100% by the end of the weekend, then her husband better hope like hell that he has a rock solid alibi..........because the focus of all of this is going to start shifting.

I haven't seen definitive confirmation.

Going back to this older video attached to this article that I referred to earlier (about something else):

At 1 minute 20 seconds, the reporter states:

"Today, Search and Rescue teams focused on Veteran's Memorial Park; a large woods between the transit center and the Street where DeBoer's car was found."

"Police say they don't know if DeBoer took this trail early in the morning, or if she walked a longer route around the block."

http://www.kiro7.com/news/fred-hutc...-after-car-found-near-transit-center/68483639

Also, in the video around 1 minute 38 seconds:
Dep. Chief Pete Claw said that they were searching the park "Trying to Exclude the possibility she may still be in the park".
"Updated: Feb 9, 2016 - 6:38 PM"
Thank you! I thought earlier in the thread, someone stated that LE said they knew she was there that morning. Apparently I'm not remembering correctly, or they aren't. Anyway, I know I keep saying this, but I'm so pleased with the thorough investigation! I think they really are doing their very best to rule out the park. If I hadn't moved away last year, I would certainly be out searching! I'm so proud of my favorite city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member