Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there parking restrictions where CD's car was found? Is it possible that it could have been parked there overnight? If she normally drives a jeep, that might be a car that would attract attention or be vulnerable for theft where the car she drove that morning would not call attention to itself.

Just some thoughts. The morning time with all the commuters is a busy and risky time to abduct a person. Cheryl did not leave on her own. IMO.

There are no parking restrictions where her car was found. It certainly could have been parked overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other drivers that either parked behind it or in front of it that morning would be able to state what time they did that.

The other drivers that either parked behind it or in front of it that morning would be able to state what time they did that.

I wonder if those drivers were asked to come forward or are known at this point? This is a very interesting idea - that 1&2&3 raised ...could the car have been parked from the night before. And if that was not her usual car .....maybe she wouldnt have realized that particular one was even missing if it was not kept in the driveway.

I'm not finished catching up yet, but I wanted to say something about MD (husband). I was having a bad feeling about the fact that he has not spoken up on behalf of Cheryl. Honestly, it still rubs me the wrong way. However, I thought of my own family. My parents are about their ages. If one of us "kids" or my mom, went missing, I cannot imagine my dad speaking to the media. In fact, I can say with 99% certainty that he wouldn't. It's just his personality. What he would do, is be a complete pain in the rear to LE! ;) He would constantly question them about the investigation, and probably even tell them what they should be doing and how to do it. He's a very successful man, and a little controlling, and I can say he would drive them crazy! With that said, I don't know MD, so I truly have no idea how he is reacting to the situation.

I will say that as the oldest, I would be speaking out. And if it were my dad missing, my mom would be speaking publicly, for sure!

Sorry for the long rambling, but I guess I'm just thinking it through and trying really hard not to jump to conclusions.

Perfectly understandable to want to avoid cameras and the press when dealing with grief....but not to help search....not so sure. I guess everyone processes things differently and we still don't know who was involved in the search for sure. I'd want to search but maybe others would let family/friends handle it.
Sometimes LE doesn't want the partner to help search. If the partner finds the missing person, that can be a problem.

I don't quite understand the concern about a spouse not searching, does it really indicate something?

There was one case here quite a while ago, and unfortunately I can't recall the names, where the husband went every day out to search for his wife with LE and the volunteers, he was at the forefront, spoke to media, did all of that. But in the end it turned out he himself had killed his wife and he was arrested.

So what does it really mean if a husband does or does not search? :dunno:

Well, I have to agree, I don't think my husband would be on camera unless they made him. He is so not that type of guy. I think he would be out there with them but I cannot see him speaking to reporters. At all.
Funny isn't it how everybody is really different in what they would and wouldn't do.

I don't quite understand the concern about a spouse not searching, does it really indicate something?

There was one case here quite a while ago, and unfortunately I can't recall the names, where the husband went every day out to search for his wife with LE and the volunteers, he was at the forefront, spoke to media, did all of that. But in the end it turned out he himself had killed his wife and he was arrested.

So what does it really mean if a husband does or does not search? :dunno:

I agree it does not have any significance either way in the context of why/how she disappeared, but, in any event, according to a relative on the Missing: Cheryl Deboer facebook page, CD's husband has been out searching everyday.

I have been on a search for Ksenia Quiros who went missing here in Colorado Springs.
She was found deceased.My husband and I did not find her, someone else did, but we were out there in the snow searching in April in all kinds of crazy weather.

Link for Ksenia being found:
http://gazette.com/womans-body-disc...-missing-colorado-springs-mom/article/1549912

(There is also a thread for Ksenia on WS.)

I know I would be out searching even if I was an utter mess. My personality would not let me stay home. I would be searching from morning until night.
IMOO.

And my biggest fear would be, that it WOULD be me, to find the missing person, deceased :( I can read about these things all day & study all sorts of sciences associated with finding the lost, determining COD, etc., but to actually be the one to physically find a dead person? Nope. Not mentally trained for that.

Well, I have to agree, I don't think my husband would be on camera unless they made him. He is so not that type of guy. I think he would be out there with them but I cannot see him speaking to reporters. At all.
Funny isn't it how everybody is really different in what they would and wouldn't do.

Mine too. He wouldn't know what to say on camera and then say all the wrong things lol!

And my biggest fear would be, that it WOULD be me, to find the missing person, deceased :( I can read about these things all day & study all sorts of sciences associated with finding the lost, determining COD, etc., but to actually be the one to physically find a dead person? Nope. Not mentally trained for that.

When I was searching for Ksenia, I was not looking for an Alive Ksenia,unfortunately. (My gut feeling.) I had heard she was suicidal, and I felt she could have succumbed to hypothermia. It would have been great if she was found alive, but she wasn't.
She had taken a toxic amount of diphenhydramine, and her body was frozen in the snow.

I wanted to help her family and help the community. Her son, a cadet, died mysteriously weeks before. It was such a tragedy all the way around. Nobody knew that he had killed himself at that time, as well.

Here is a portion from this article:

"Update: Promising Air Force Cadet Alex Quiros died in his room at the Air Force Academy way back on April 2 — and on April 18, the body of his mother, Ksenia Quiros, was found in an open space area in Colorado Springs."

"The causes of such deaths are typically reported within days — and it's highly unusual for delays in the release of such information to stretch out for weeks, let alone months, as has been the case with Alex's passing."

"Now, however, the El Paso County coroner has confirmed that both Alex and Ksenia took their own lives, with Alex doing so by stabbing himself more than twenty times."

http://www.westword.com/news/corone...om-ksenia-quiros-took-their-own-lives-6654582

Ksenia had a husband and another son. I wanted to help them get their loved one back.
They had gone through enough pain and anguish as it was already with Alex. For Ksenia to be found gave closure.

My background is Military.
My father had two tours of Viet-Nam, earning the Bronze Star Medal.
Growing up in the military as a "dependent/family member" was not easy. Many traumatic times for myself and my family.
My father saw war and was in war. I am the daughter of a retired CSM, a 30 year career soldier.

Not to say it would be easy if I saw a deceased body, but my thoughts in helping would over ride the uneasiness of finding a deceased body.

That is just who I am. :)

IMOO.

Mine too. He wouldn't know what to say on camera and then say all the wrong things lol!

And my husband is a take charge kind of guy, so he would be talking to the public.
We all are different.
It is very telling in what personality we all have.
IMOO.

And my husband is a take charge kind of guy, so he would be talking to the public.
We all are different.
It is very telling in what personality we all have.
IMOO.
So interesting, right? I'm trying to think of what my fiancé would do... I'm 50/50 on him talking to the press, but he would absolutely be involved in the search and in the investigation. At least, as much as they would allow. I'm leaning towards him not speaking publicly, though. But then, who's to say? If I went missing, he would be desperate to find me!

Sad to think about. My heart breaks for the families in this situation!

When I was searching for Ksenia, I was not looking for an Alive Ksenia,unfortunately. (My gut feeling.) I had heard she was suicidal, and I felt she could have succumbed to hypothermia. It would have been great if she was found alive, but she wasn't.
She had taken a toxic amount of diphenhydramine, and her body was frozen in the snow.

I wanted to help her family and help the community. Her son, a cadet, died mysteriously weeks before. It was such a tragedy all the way around. Nobody knew that he had killed himself at that time, as well.

Here is a portion from this article:

"Update: Promising Air Force Cadet Alex Quiros died in his room at the Air Force Academy way back on April 2 — and on April 18, the body of his mother, Ksenia Quiros, was found in an open space area in Colorado Springs."

"The causes of such deaths are typically reported within days — and it's highly unusual for delays in the release of such information to stretch out for weeks, let alone months, as has been the case with Alex's passing."

"Now, however, the El Paso County coroner has confirmed that both Alex and Ksenia took their own lives, with Alex doing so by stabbing himself more than twenty times."

http://www.westword.com/news/corone...om-ksenia-quiros-took-their-own-lives-6654582

Ksenia had a husband and another son. I wanted to help them get their loved one back.
They had gone through enough pain and anguish as it was already with Alex. For Ksenia to be found gave closure.

My background is Military.
My father had two tours of Viet-Nam, earning the Bronze Star Medal.
Growing up in the military as a "dependent/family member" was not easy. Many traumatic times for myself and my family.
My father saw war and was in war. I am the daughter of a retired CSM, a 30 year career soldier.

Not to say it would be easy if I saw a deceased body, but my thoughts in helping would over ride the uneasiness of finding a deceased body.

That is just who I am. :)

IMOO.

Thank you for this post - it is very inspiring.

Hello all. I am also a local. A few things I've I'm questioning and just want to throw out there:

1) there is no southbound freeway exit to access the Mountlake Terrace park and ride. So that means either a) the carpool buddy also lives in MLT (how we abbreviate Mountlake terrace around here) OR she took the 220th st exit and went down 56th to access the park and ride. Which would have put him/her in a position to have passed the parked car of Cheryl. There IS northbound access off the freeway to the park and ride, however this is the worst of the north end traffic area. I highly highly doubt anyone would ever go north to meet a carpool buddy, as it could easily add 30 minutes to their commute.

2) Has anyone been able to determine what her husband does for a living? I've seen some comments questioning what she did for a living officially. It appears she was a computer programmer for The Cancer Research Institute. Her linked in profile lists her having knowledge of Python and other "programming" languages.

3) I have also heard they are pretty certain she did not make it into the park and ride that morning. which is why they have moved their searches to other parts of "town".

4) they have not yet said who besides her husband interacted with her over the weekend. When was the last time someone saw her since work on Friday?

5) this is the most troubling to me. Less than a month ago, about 2 miles from where this supposedly occurred, there was a young woman waking near the Edmonds College campus on a wooded trail similar to the one next to the MLT park and ride. She was sexually assaulted by 4 men. They have not yet been caught.

http://q13fox.com/2016/01/26/edmond...t-after-report-of-sexual-assault-near-campus/

6) the police in this area are not known to hold things close to their vests when it comes to a potential assailant on the loose. The fact that there have not been statements telling woman in the area to be safe and avoid trails and etc makes me think they know more than they are releasing. During he press conference a reporter asked the spokesman of she had any arguments, and he dodged the question by saying it was part of their investigation.

i want to believe that she is alive, but I'm starting to question that. I just want to make sure that everyone around here is safe. I'm constantly on trails and paths and in the parks. I love it, so do my kids. I would ange for their to be a risk and they are downplaying it.

it is strange but I do care about this woman in a neighborly kind of way, and I hope that maybe it's all got a happy ending somewhere.

It is possible the LE told him not to physically go on searches because if he found her it would be an issue. He is probably searching in other ways, like making posters, handing out flyers, calling people, researching things, etc.

Hello all. I am also a local. A few things I've I'm questioning and just want to throw out there:

it is strange but I do care about this woman in a neighborly kind of way, and I hope that maybe it's all got a happy ending somewhere.

<snipped for brevity>

Great first post Seatowner and very interesting to hear from a local! Welcome to WS!

:welcome4:

Seatowner, thank you for your post! This is great information!

Unfortunately, I'm really leaning towards her being harmed by someone known to her. I'm also afraid she never drove to the park and ride that morning. &#128532; I would be happy to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macattack