Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can't say that I'm surprised but I'm certainly disappointed. Disappointed in people who can do things like this.

I love the way 244th street turns into 205th street for no rhyme or reason...........gotta love those city planners.

It is the county line. On the north side of the street it is 244th SW (Snohomish County) and in the south side it is NE 205th St (King County).

TV networks are reporting it as her too now. I don't think the medical examiner will confirm her identity tonight.

Really not at all surprised to check in and see this news. Heartbreaking for those who know and love her. It also won't surprise me to learn of an arrest real soon, either.

I will be shocked if she was killed by a stranger.

I will also be shocked if she was killed that morning, right around 7.

I will be shocked if she was killed by a stranger.

I will also be shocked if she was killed that morning, right around 7.

Yeah...wonder what she was wearing....work clothes? Pajamas? Her clothes from Sunday?

It has been confirmed it's her.
RIP Cheryl.

I'm probably in the minority but it bothers me that her employer has made this announcement. All the news stations are reporting it now and Cheryl's 'Missing' page on FB still says rumors, not confirmed. LE has said 'no official confirmation yet'. I don't feel it's the employers place to announce it... I'm afraid it's causing Cheryl's family a lot of extra heartache this way...

Yeah...wonder what she was wearing....work clothes? Pajamas? Her clothes from Sunday?
Great question. I also think LE knows the answers to some of the questions they didn't want to answer in earlier pressers.

All MSM on my FB feed are confirming it's her.

What she was wearing & TOD will answer a lot of questions I'm sure we all have.

I'm probably in the minority but it bothers me that her employer has made this announcement. All the news stations are reporting it now and Cheryl's 'Missing' page on FB still says rumors, not confirmed. LE has said 'no official confirmation yet'. I don't feel it's the employers place to announce it... I'm afraid it's causing Cheryl's family a lot of extra heartache this way...

"A woman who answered the phone Sunday at the Mountlake Terrace residence where DeBoer lived with her husband declined to comment. “Not interested,” she said, hanging up the phone."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/body-found-in-mountlake-terrace/

Sounds like someone doesn't want to talk about it.

IMOO.

Yes I can imagine it puts extra stress on the family. From fb comments they were at the scene today.

Thanks TL, I don't know why but I still find it odd that her workplace is the first to make an announcement. But no worries, it's just me.

I misunderstood your post. I thought you were inquiring why family and friends confirmed it was her, before LE confirmed it was her. That's why I mentioned the medical examiner has to declare it is her.
I didn't realize you meant her work confirmed it before her family did.

IMOO.

Yes I can imagine it puts extra stress on the family. From fb comments they were at the scene today.

And not only that...the speculation from people, of who the suspect could be, could be extremely stressful to the family. They aren't ready to deal with all of that, on the facebook page, I imagine.

IMOO.

Just heartbreaking. I knew the chances she was alive & left on her own were slim to none, but the news is still a punch in the gut.

I feel for the searchers who found her body. I can't even imagine the horror of that moment. I am glad she's been found so that justice can begin to be served for her. So that the family, like her poor sister holding that sign, can have some answers.

I'm leaning towards a staged scene & someone who knows her. The thought that she was abducted, murdered & dumped in broad daylight in an area that feels safe is hard to accept.

She's been right here all along. Suspecting it & knowing it are different. A wonderful lady left like trash. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"A woman who answered the phone Sunday at the Mountlake Terrace residence where DeBoer lived with her husband declined to comment. “Not interested,” she said, hanging up the phone."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/body-found-in-mountlake-terrace/

Sounds like someone doesn't want to talk about it.

IMOO.

The Missing Cheryl Deboer Facebook page is asking for privacy for the family. They acknowledge that rumors are flying. Ugh. I have such a bad feeling.

It may have been her family that told them, honestly. Most hr departments are careful about things like this, in my experience. And she worked there for many years, so I don't think they would handle this in a careless way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member