Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if she had parked her car, gotten out and started walking to meet the carpool when she realized she'd forgotten her badge. I know that I am always double checking my pockets/purse after I first get out of my car to make sure I have my keys, phone, work id, etc. She might have stopped to text her friend then, mid-walk, to say she was going to be late and then never made it back to her car. Someone stopped and distracted by using their phone would make for an easy target. As for what happened after that, who knows, dragged into the woods and carried out later? Put into a trunk or back seat of another car and driven away? No matter what, it's worrisome that there's so little to go on.

IIRC, the family has stated there was never a conversation about catching a bus, cause her friend asked how long she would be, she replied 10 min, and friend said, she would wait for her.

Exactly, but yet on this website for the city it doesn't say that at all. It says the opposite.

I think it's interesting that her husband found her car. Maybe it's nothing.

I'm worried for her. Her family must be worried sick! She's around my mom's age. I would go crazy if this happened with my mom.

My husband knows where I park my car for work so, God forbid, he one day gets a call saying I never made it to work I'm sure he would check the lot I have a space in or ask one of my co-workers to check. It sounds like CD parked in this area often either for her carpool or to take the bus so to me the husband finding her car seems pretty innocent/normal/almost expected. I would think differently if he had found her car at some random parking lot.

It is interesting that it is still noted:

"She texted her friend around 7:00 a.m., stating that she would catch a bus instead. She has not been seen or heard from since that time."

http://wa-mountlaketerrace.civicplus.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=51

Doesn't the family say that was not her intention to catch the bus, that she was only going to be away about ten minutes to get her badge?

Is there still misinformation out there?
It is very confusing!
IMOO.

Maybe she didn't send the last text - about catching a bus?

Maybe she didn't send the last text - about catching a bus?

But if there was a text about the bus, then how would they know it wasn't Cheryl who sent that text?
Would they know it was someone else who had her phone?
It's on the city's website so it really is confusing to me...

No sign of Cheryl? Not good.

But if there was a text about the bus, then how would they know it wasn't Cheryl who sent that text?
Would they know it was someone else who had her phone?
It's on the city's website so it really is confusing to me...

Had she picked up her badge?
Was her car parked near her carpool destination?
Did she park her car, discover her badge was missing and text her friend (or someone else sent the text using her phone)?
How many trips did she make to the carpool area that morning?
Did she not make it back to her car after texting her friend?
Did her husband find her car where she usually parked it?
Was she at the carpool spot when something happened, and whomever she was with apparently knew enough to text the carpool friend?

Had she picked up her badge?
Was her car parked near her carpool destination?
Did she park her car, discover her badge was missing and text her friend (or someone else sent the text using her phone)?
How many trips did she make to the carpool area that morning?
Did she not make it back to her car after texting her friend?
Did her husband find her car where she usually parked it?
Was she at the carpool spot when something happened, and whomever she was with apparently knew enough to text the carpool friend?

I really doubt she picked up the badge. I don't think she went home at all.
And somebody must have known to text that friend...
There is too much going on...the badge thing, not arriving to work, she is missing.
It doesn't add up. And not answering her phone soon after that morning...
IMOO.

Her credit card hasn't been used per LE. Nor her phone.
What would motivate someone to disappear Cheryl? Why?

Just like Susan Jacobson... her credit card wasn't used either, although it was missing.

Susan's car was found in the place her husband said that she said she was going to be.

Cheryl's car was found in an area where she would be...

Both Susan and Cheryl's cars found in their neighborhoods, if you will...

Interesting comparisons....
IMOO.

I wonder if the seat of her car was positioned for the length of her legs or not.

I haven’t used it but I used to live a short distance away and drove by it on a regular basis. I’ve always felt safe in that area but I don’t think I would be cutting through that park by myself early in the morning, personally I would feel unsafe.

My sister has taught at an elementary school very near there for almost 25 years. When her daughters were in Brownies, the troop found a gun in Veterans Memorial Park. She says it is, and has always been, a sketchy area/park. She said it's surprising, due to the police station being so close. Transit centers in general are scary. Add in a path through a sketchy park, and who knows...

Mountlake Terrace is spotty, IMO. There are nice houses and crappy houses all mixed in together. I have another sister who lives about a half mile north of the park and her neighborhood is...odd. It's definitely mixed.

Her credit card hasn't been used per LE. Nor her phone.
What would motivate someone to disappear Cheryl? Why?

Just like Susan Jacobson... her credit card wasn't used either, although it was missing.

Susan's car was found in the place her husband said that she said she was going to be.

Cheryl's car was found in an area where she would be...

Both Susan and Cheryl's cars found in their neighborhoods, if you will...

Interesting comparisons....
IMOO.

And in both cases, the husbands found the cars.

I am still baffled by Susan's disappearance and continue to look for any updates in that case. There is either a kidnapper of senior ladies on the loose or the answers lie closer to home. Or... People really DO vanish into thin air. IMOO

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/11/family-friends-continue-desperate-search-for-missing-woman/

"UPDATED AT 05:06PM, FEBRUARY 11, 2016"

"Police believe Cheryl may have walked through a wooded pathway, which leads to the transit center."

The word MAY tells me that they don't know that Cheryl walked through that pathway…

IMOO.

If she walks it every day, I imagine a dog might have hit on her scent when the police searched the park on Monday. I don't know if they would have any way of knowing when the scent was laid down. Do dogs alert differently for stronger scents? I have no idea.

I thought I saw a link to a report that her work badge was found at home but I need to dig around to verify that.

ok what i notice is no one is mentioning right by the park n ride is a small lake called lake ballinger have they checked and searched that area another thing i dont see mention is that park n ride is on a over pass to interstate 5 ppl coming from the south heading north get off the ramp right there in front of the park n ride also by the park n ride there is a ramp getting onto interstate 5 south also they are doing lots of construction right there as well by the golf course right next to that park n ride when i been in that area that park n ride appears busy the lot always seem full and there r lots of cars park on the residential roads also there are many schools in that area i see yellow school buses all the time so i find it even more off that at that time of morning no one didn't see something there a mini market store a drive thru coffee shop all on that park n ride road and i really feel lake ballinger should be searched immediately if it hasn't i hope she found safe

I don't know whether her badge was found at home or not, but if it wasn't, meaning CD had picked it up and had returned to the P&R, maybe there was another colleague or acquaintance that offered her a ride? She might have assumed that her friend had not waited for her and accepted the ride because she didn't want to be late for work, and things went downhill afterwards.

ok what i notice is no one is mentioning right by the park n ride is a small lake called lake ballinger have they checked and searched that area another thing i dont see mention is that park n ride is on a over pass to interstate 5 ppl coming from the south heading north get off the ramp right there in front of the park n ride also by the park n ride there is a ramp getting onto interstate 5 south also they are doing lots of construction right there as well by the golf course right next to that park n ride when i been in that area that park n ride appears busy the lot always seem full and there r lots of cars park on the residential roads also there are many schools in that area i see yellow school buses all the time so i find it even more off that at that time of morning no one didn't see something there a mini market store a drive thru coffee shop all on that park n ride road and i really feel lake ballinger should be searched immediately if it hasn't i hope she found safe

I agree about the lake, I noticed it too. It is only just over a mile away. If she did walk to it though, someone surely would have seen her.

Police said Cheryl planned to meet up with a friend at the Mountlake Terrace park-and-ride together to commute into Seattle on Monday morning. But then Cheryl sent her friend a text message saying she would be late, but she never made it to work.

Investigators found Cheryl’s car parked along nearby 58th Avenue where many other commuters also park when the transit center garage is full.

Police believe Cheryl may have walked through a wooded pathway, which leads to the transit center. But since her disappearance, some neighbors worry about their own security in the woods.

“It’s not well-lit at all,” said neighbor Charlotte Thomas. “It’s really dark and it’s not safe. I don’t believe it’s safe.”

“Now, I would be more cautious,” said neighbor Tara Conroy. “I probably wouldn’t go alone in the woods.”

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/11/family-friends-continue-desperate-search-for-missing-woman/

The text to the friend and the path through the woods are going to be related. She may have been forced to send the text, depending on the circumstances. If she was accosted by an abductor, who knows what the conversation was like between them. This seems like some kind of a robbery motive or similar, pulled off by an opportunist preying on lone women taking a short cut along that path.

Just because the cops and their expensive canine pets haven't found her yet doesn't mean much, as we all know.

Search the park again, and look under things, such as a big pile of leaves or a bunch of stacked up branches. She's bound to be right there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly