Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE hasn't ruled out accidental death. Wouldn't death from an overdose of recreational drugs be accidental?

ETA: Well it would need to be determined that the drugs were self administered I suppose. The police are continuing to investigate this as homicide while not ruling out other causes.

Well not only that, but they would also seemingly have to know for certain that only she wielded the object that matched her injuries. Self-inflicted (without any other qualifying info, like accidental or defensive) sounds like it might imply that she intentionally cut herself. (Or I guess could have been forced.)

So it's not surprising that it has made some people jump to "self-harm". I am personally lukewarm to cold on a suicide theory. But I can see why some people could think that. Just a few details would clear up a lot:

-what kind of self-inflicted cuts (defensive, accidental, intentional)?
-where was the phone located when the text was sent before being powered down?
-was CD clearly seen to be the person driving her car on the video at 236th and 56th?
-along the same lines, was CD clearly seen to be the person driving her car from her house?
-Of course, what is the COD? But even just knowing a couple of answers to the above could rule in or rule out a lot of scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I, too, wish we had clarity on whether or not Cheryl was seen in her car the morning she went missing.

But I'm working on the assumption that Cheryl parked her car, and then maybe even got out of her car to walk to meet her carpool before realizing she didn't have her badge. She would have had her phone and purse with her. I think she got in a vehicle with someone she knew, or thought she knew, to return home for her badge. So there was no commotion to be witnessed by others that morning.

(I think the car remained where Cheryl parked it. I don't think she was killed there at her parking space, nor do I think she was put in the culvert during daylight hours.)

This scenario is based in part on a family spokesperson stating that Cheryl's husband was devastated right after she went missing. That felt odd to me, like he knew something others did not. I think he might have had some idea of who may have taken Cheryl, and why, and was feeling guilty for not giving the situation more attention. Like Cheryl thought someone had a "crush" on her or him, and he dismissed the idea.

So maybe LE is having to look at all kinds of info--surveillance video, phone records, etc.--for a particular person or vehicle before putting all the puzzle pieces together. That kind of work would take considerable time and energy.

However, if she got willingly into another vehicle, something bad had to happen very quickly for her phone to be turned off right away.

I think the missing badge is just a missing badge (an opinion I may change if it is revealed Cheryl was not driving her car that day).

The cuts on her fingers would certainly be relevant if she was in another car, realized she was in trouble, and tried to leave some DNA behind.

But honestly, my imagination has been in overdrive with Cheryl's case. I've wondered about her every day. She was reported missing so quickly, and yet, a terrible outcome.

Prayers for all of you in her community, and I am thankful for those of you locals who are willing to share your thoughts, videos, and photos from that area.

As always, jmo. (Or maybe I should say, just my rambling opinion.)

Tonight I am thinking that maybe Cheryl let someone else use her phone-and THEY are the one that powered it down on her.

If Cheryl had injuries that are unrelated to her disappearance, there's no reason for that information to be released by police.

Unless those injuries could have reopened and been an additional source of blood at/during the scene?

For instance I do textile art and am frequently using very sharp rotary cutters (think extremely sharp pizza cutter for fabric for those unfamiliar) and such and the number of times I've cut various fingers or parts of my hand are... :blush:

If I've recently changed to particular higher/more professional grade blades on one, they're even more apt to get you good, even if you barely nick yourself.

And for someone like me, who things take forever to heal, it can be days or even weeks later, if it was a new blade or deep enough when even what seems like minimal pressure or just hitting the cuts at the wrong angle would start the bleeding all over again.

I can't say that might be the case with Cheryl, but I know if I had had cuts from a rotary cutter, or even my really high quality fabric scissors, and then was fighting back against someone or fighting to get away from someone or out of restraints or to get a seatbelt off in a hurry or even sometimes something much less significant, even if they were still bandaged days or sometimes weeks later, I could bleed all over the place, sometimes almost as much as it when it first happened.

So depending on the how and when a possibly earlier injury or cuts had happened on her fingers, and the speed at which she is historically prone to heal and/or the ease at which she bleeds, etc., I could see how an earlier 'self-inflicted' injury might end up also having to be included at a source of blood or visible injury on the reports about Cheryl, even if technically it had nothing to do with the COD.

Do we know why Cheryl didn't park at the park-and-ride that morning? I think I've been working on the assumption that the park-and-ride was not full that morning so there was no need for Cheryl to park on the street. But as I think about all I recall is a couple of Facebook comments about at the Celebrating Cheryl DeBoer site but no information from MSM.

In regards to her husband being devastated from the start, I am very curious as to the amount of blood in the car, as that could have been an instant sign of a bad outcome, depending.

I can only put myself in his shoes & I would feel the same. My husband & I are extremely close. We are homebodies & creatures of habit & we are constantly in touch in some way. If he didn't show up to work & I couldn't get ahold of him I would instantly know something was very, very wrong. He would never. Then finding the car with signs of blood? Devastating.

If they have been inseparable since school days, he would know right off how out of character it was, that he was innocent & just wanted a miracle to bring his wife back.

In regards to her husband being devastated from the start, I am very curious as to the amount of blood in the car, as that could have been an instant sign of a bad outcome, depending.

I can only put myself in his shoes & I would feel the same. My husband & I are extremely close. We are homebodies & creatures of habit & we are constantly in touch in some way. If he didn't show up to work & I couldn't get ahold of him I would instantly know something was very, very wrong. He would never. Then finding the car with signs of blood? Devastating.

If they have been inseparable since school days, he would know right off how out of character it was, that he was innocent & just wanted a miracle to bring his wife back.
I don't think they said how much blood was in the car? In a previous thread though, it was mentioned she might have been searching between the seats for her badge. Easy to cut fingers on those older cars. I've done that myself.

She was also at the menopause age or possibly other physical health issues appeared. That can affect one's mental state instantly.

It's so sad for her family and especially her husband. I hope they get more answers soon.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

February 18

"Mountlake Terrace police are officially investigating the disappearance and death of Cheryl DeBoer as a homicide. A spokeperson with the City of Mountlake Terrace confirmed Wednesday that detectives now consider the case a homicide investigation. Other possible causes of death are also being looked into."

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2915225/Death-of-Mountlake-Terrace-woman-now-investigated-as-a-homicide

and just cause they say this person or that pereson has been ruled out does not mean its true! very well could be a trick, they do that all the time even lie and its perfectly legal.

How would LE know the finger wounds were self inflicted ?

the angle, the depth, the number of cuts, her other injuries. If Cheryl had been attacked by someone, you would expect wounds to the hand/forearm, usually the left side as most people (and hence the attacker) are likely to be right handed.

There's some pictures here - http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/FORHTML/FOR121.html

As a clumsy left hander who frequently cuts themselves on knives, scissors and pretty much anything you can think of, my wounds tend to be quite small. Bleed like a stuck pig, but I'd expect a trained professional to be able to tell they were the result of my actions.

the angle, the depth, the number of cuts, her other injuries. If Cheryl had been attacked by someone, you would expect wounds to the hand/forearm, usually the left side as most people (and hence the attacker) are likely to be right handed.

There's some pictures here - http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/FORHTML/FOR121.html

As a clumsy left hander who frequently cuts themselves on knives, scissors and pretty much anything you can think of, my wounds tend to be quite small. Bleed like a stuck pig, but I'd expect a trained professional to be able to tell they were the result of my actions.

im a left hander too, I feel so bad for this woman, I cant quit thinking about her. I also keep getting the feeling she knew her perp.

I dont guess anyone has said she had life insurance, but im sure she did. My hubby had a corporate job and he was able to buy up 7 times his salary. Some companies offer even more.

I have been trying to log on to this site since Friday late evening and finally was able to right now? Was it down for maintenance? Anyway I had to work the late shift on Friday night and I finally got a chance to see a great friend of the family and let her know I was thinking about her and to let the family know they have huge support system behind them! I also told her how many people were thinking it could be suicide even though it seems so far out of the box! Sadly I started to get busy so she just mentioned that as far as her and the family have discussed, and yes like someone posted before they do know quite a bit more extensively about the evidence and facts of the case then they are giving to the public, suicide is not even on the table!! She whispered something as she was leaving but I couldn't make it out through all the noise in the store and said we would talk later! So hopefully we can all put that theory to rest but like someone else said we really never know until all is said and done. I don't agree with suicide by random culvert either but that's just my opinion as well!

I have been trying to log on to this site since Friday late evening and finally was able to right now? Was it down for maintenance? Anyway I had to work the late shift on Friday night and I finally got a chance to see a great friend of the family and let her know I was thinking about her and to let the family know they have huge support system behind them! I also told her how many people were thinking it could be suicide even though it seems so far out of the box! Sadly I started to get busy so she just mentioned that as far as her and the family have discussed, and yes like someone posted before they do know quite a bit more extensively about the evidence and facts of the case then they are giving to the public, suicide is not even on the table!! She whispered something as she was leaving but I couldn't make it out through all the noise in the store and said we would talk later! So hopefully we can all put that theory to rest but like someone else said we really never know until all is said and done. I don't agree with suicide by random culvert either but that's just my opinion as well!

I don't believe for a moment that Cheryl committed suicide. Something happened to her on the morning of Feb 8 that was so out of the norm that police have warned people to be cautious of their surroundings, and to pay attention. Police are investigating a homicide, and they are looking at all possibilities.

Feb 8 was a normal Monday morning for Cheryl, other than forgetting her badge at home. When she let her guard down to text the carpool about the badge, something happened. I suspect that at that moment she knew that she was in trouble, she cut herself to leave evidence.

p.s. the site wasn't down, trying a different browser sometimes solves access issues

I don't believe for a moment that Cheryl committed suicide. Something happened to her on the morning of Feb 8 that was so out of the norm that police have warned people to be cautious of their surroundings, and to pay attention. Police are investigating a homicide, and they are looking at all possibilities.

Feb 8 was a normal Monday morning for Cheryl, other than forgetting her badge at home. When she let her guard down to text the carpool about the badge, something happened. I suspect that at that moment she knew that she was in trouble, she cut herself to leave evidence.

p.s. the site wasn't down, trying a different browser sometimes solves access issues

What I don't understand is this:

"The Mountlake Terrace Police Department has been saying they don’t believe there is a public safety concern. However, Chief of Police Greg Wilson has the following safety tips for residents:…" (Snipped By Me)

I think it is common sense for the "Look, Listen, Sense, Act" part of the rest of the article.
Why would they still state they don't believe there is a public safety concern?
The article is from February18th, AFTER Cheryl was found.
IMOO.

http://myedmondsnews.com/2016/02/happening-nearby-small-cuts-found-on-cheryl-deboers-hands/

Tonight I am thinking that maybe Cheryl let someone else use her phone-and THEY are the one that powered it down on her.

If this is the case, she was very kind to let someone use her phone, as she was already running late. That would put her even more behind, unless she had a passenger and she lent the phone to the passenger as (she thought) she would be driving back home. Maybe that occurred concurrently?
IMOO.

IMO this is so out of the norm for this community that even the police were doing the best they could with what they could! Then maybe they were advised it best to retrack that statement for the case and the public? I was thrown by this for awhile as well but then the whole cut two fingers came about and that threw me off entirely and now silence so it's just all a mess!!

Thanks Bulldogs! I have never bought into the idea that CD died from suicide...no way. And I keep going back to hubby's FB post. This wasn't of her own doing IMO

ETA: but I still can't figure out the whole "self-inflected cuts on the two fingers" bit and why it was released....color me confused & clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024