Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is this:

"The Mountlake Terrace Police Department has been saying they don’t believe there is a public safety concern. However, Chief of Police Greg Wilson has the following safety tips for residents:…" (Snipped By Me)

I think it is common sense for the "Look, Listen, Sense, Act" part of the rest of the article.
Why would they still state they don't believe there is a public safety concern?
The article is from February18th, AFTER Cheryl was found.
IMOO.

http://myedmondsnews.com/2016/02/happening-nearby-small-cuts-found-on-cheryl-deboers-hands/

Police initially said, in response to questions from reporters, that they didn't believe there was any cause for public panic. A couple of days later, they reminded the community to pay attention, be aware, keep your eyes and ears open. I think both are true.

There's no way to know whether the person who is responsible for Cheryl's death is still in the community, so no reason for panic, but at the same time people should always be cautious of their surroundings.

It's similar to the fact that police have said that they are investigating her death as a homicide, but they are considering all possibilities.

The police are making statements that are on both sides of the coin. It seems that one statement is to inform the public, and the other is to reduce any sense of fear that the first statement might create.

Thanks Bulldogs! I have never bought into the idea that CD died from suicide...no way. And I keep going back to hubby's FB post. This wasn't of her own doing IMO

ETA: but I still can't figure out the whole "self-inflected cuts on the two fingers" bit and why it was released....color me confused & clueless

Perhaps the information about self-inflicted injuries was for the benefit of the person who did this to her. If she cut herself during an abduction, and bled in her own car, that's a clear message to the perp that he might have blood evidence on him, his clothing, his possessions. This might cause him to panic and try to get rid of evidence.

What I don't understand is this:

"The Mountlake Terrace Police Department has been saying they don’t believe there is a public safety concern. However, Chief of Police Greg Wilson has the following safety tips for residents:…" (Snipped By Me)

I think it is common sense for the "Look, Listen, Sense, Act" part of the rest of the article.
Why would they still state they don't believe there is a public safety concern?
The article is from February18th, AFTER Cheryl was found.
IMOO.

http://myedmondsnews.com/2016/02/happening-nearby-small-cuts-found-on-cheryl-deboers-hands/

IMO, I think they take the opp to remind people to be safe whenever they have people's attention. Because, people are always somewhat at risk until crime goes to 0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking some more about the possibility that the release of Cheryl's self-inflicted injury to two fingers is a message to the perp, if Cheryl was taken to another location (in addition to the location of her car, and the culvert) and she was bleeding, then there is blood evidence of Cheryl at that location.

her home surveillance cam cause both hubby and her leaving that morning ? is that correct ? Can you tell it was her on the cam ? Was wondering if she could have been killed the night before or some other time>>

her home surveillance cam cause both hubby and her leaving that morning ? is that correct ? Can you tell it was her on the cam ? Was wondering if she could have been killed the night before or some other time>>

The husband has been ruled out. He left their home at 6:50AM, about 10 minutes before Cheryl.

I think she was most likely abducted (maybe also attacked) on 58th. But I also have the same question that you do. Because unless we know she was seen on cam driving from her car from home to 58th (either at home or at 236th and 58th) I can't feel 100% sure that there wasn't jumped as she got into her car. (The driveway goes all the way back behind the house and is accessible from the main road. Someone could easily lurk back there it seems.)

If something happened to her the night before that would mean that LE wrongly cleared her husband, which I doubt happened. But something happening to her after he left for work is still fair game.

Mountlake Terrace police concede they’re withholding information in the death of Cheryl DeBoer but say it’s to maintain the integrity of the investigation. “These things take time,” police say

SNIPPED

Pickard said police are being cautious about what information is released because detectives don’t want to damage the integrity of the investigation.
“We want to do what we can to hold sensitive information back until we see the phone, computer and lab results,” he said.

SNIPPED

Pickard said police are not trying to be cagey by releasing only small pieces of information. He said he suspects that once the investigation is concluded, people will understand why some information was withheld.
“We want closure, too,” he said. “We want it for the community and most of all for the family.”

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...n-continues-as-police-await-forensic-results/

Police know this isn't a suicide. It's murder! The alerts to the community were not put out until after Cheryl was found. IMO, the condition of her body told them it wasn't suicide, and thus alert to the public to be vigilant, walk with purpose, don't walk with earbuds in, while using cellphone, etc. Police KNOW there is a perp out there. They may or may not have a suspicion to WHO it is, but they are investigating.

As the police said, once they are able to release more information, we'll understand why it wasn't released before. The constant use of 'sensitive' says they know much more than we do. Which is fine with me! GET THAT PERP!!!

One colleague submitted a letter describing the love she had for her work at Fred Hutchinson. Nilu Goonetilleke works in a lab at Oxford University that is researching HIV and what happens immediately after a person is infected.
“Cheryl, with minimal fuss, wrote software that was both integral and critical to the success of our research,” Gooentilleke wrote. “The day I received the very sad news of Cheryl, I had been using the software she wrote. Ten years on, it is bug free. Thank you, Cheryl. You were an unassuming and incredibly kind person who made tangible contributions to the global HIV research effort.”

http://mltnews.com/family-remembers-cheryl-deboer-following-celebration-of-life/

“She was loved by many and touched many lives whether she knew it or not,” Eric said. “Once she met a homeless person at her bus stop in Seattle. The weather was getting cooler and she noticed a man without a coat, or sleeping bag. She asked if he would like a coat and sleeping bag. He said yes, so my mom told him to meet her at the bus stop the same time the next day. The following day he was waiting and my mom handed him a sleeping bag and jacket. She treated everybody like this.”

http://mltnews.com/family-remembers-cheryl-deboer-following-celebration-of-life/

Police know this isn't a suicide. It's murder! The alerts to the community were not put out until after Cheryl was found. IMO, the condition of her body told them it wasn't suicide, and thus alert to the public to be vigilant, walk with purpose, don't walk with earbuds in, while using cellphone, etc. Police KNOW there is a perp out there. They may or may not have a suspicion to WHO it is, but they are investigating.

As the police said, once they are able to release more information, we'll understand why it wasn't released before. The constant use of 'sensitive' says they know much more than we do. Which is fine with me! GET THAT PERP!!!

I agree. I wasn't thinking perp vs suicide. For me the question would be known assailant (no danger to public) vs random perp (danger).

Am I the only one whose mind goes to known assailant when LE uses the term "sensitive" info?

This "appears" to be a random crime of opportunity, but I still wonder due to the way LE has been handling it publicly, and also due to her body being found in a different place than where it appears she was attacked. Seems more complicated than a robbery that escalated. There were logistics involved.

Am I the only one whose mind goes to known assailant when LE uses the term "sensitive" info?

This "appears" to be a random crime of opportunity, but I still wonder due to the way LE has been handling it publicly, and also due to her body being found in a different place than where it appears she was attacked. Seems more complicated than a robbery that escalated. There were logistics involved.

I don't think of known perp when I hear sensitive information. I would hope LE wouldn't be discussing the case openly and suggesting what evidence they are waiting on (especially the possibility the victim left behind trace evidence) if they knew who's responsible. But I hope they know; for the sake of the family and community I hope they know and are watching them closely.

“She was loved by many and touched many lives whether she knew it or not,” Eric said. “Once she met a homeless person at her bus stop in Seattle. The weather was getting cooler and she noticed a man without a coat, or sleeping bag. She asked if he would like a coat and sleeping bag. He said yes, so my mom told him to meet her at the bus stop the same time the next day. The following day he was waiting and my mom handed him a sleeping bag and jacket. She treated everybody like this.”

I read that part of the article a few days ago and immediately hoped that someone didn't take advantage of CDs willingness to help. Earlier on in the case, I read that her Mom implied that CD was careful around the park so between these two scenarios - I feel she was a kind soul who was also cautious but some people can be very deceiving especially a known and possibly trusted individual .

I read that part of the article a few days ago and immediately hoped that someone didn't take advantage of CDs willingness to help. Earlier on in the case, I read that her Mom implied that CD was careful around the park so between these two scenarios - I feel she was a kind soul who was also cautious but some people can be very deceiving especially a known and possibly trusted individual .

This has been something I've felt a possibility for a while now... someone feigning they needed help and thus able to overpower Cheryl. Alone or maybe two perps. :(

I think this will end up like Sherry Arnold. [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members