Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick observation. I am guessing her body had very little sign as to the COD. I assume LE came to the "self inflicted" statement from information from her family. And I assume those two small cuts (?from last nights dinner prep?) would not have been remarkable had there been other severe trauma?

Nothing, but really nothing makes sense in this crime to have been done by someone completely random. Not that Cheryl or any of us couldn't be attacked by someone in the street randomly. We have it everyday, everywhere. The problem is that these kind of attacks left the victim just there where they were attacked. Injured or even dead. The time frame was so short... no random attacker would be bothered to left things as we heard.
There have been a couple of cases here in Sweden where a perpetrator have taken and hidden an accidentally killed victim, and it has taken a while before the victim have been found, so it's not always a accidental victim is left where they were attacked. In one of the cases it took six weeks before the victim was found, the perp had moved the body several times and also tried to burn it. According to the perp (who was on a hunting trip) he and the victim got into an argument and he shot her, a person he never had met before. There are speculations that the perp was DUI and the victim had threatened to report him. Here's a page in Swedish about this case: https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolin-fallet

I see a series of potential distractions on this morning.

1) cut fingers (absentmindedly?) which caused her to be distracted
2) this distraction changed her routine which caused her to forget the badge
3) realizing she forgot the badge caused distraction while she was parking and texting
4) her distraction with this caused her to let her guard down

Re her phone powering down. If it suddenly ran out of battery perhaps she asked someone if she could borrow theirs?

Anyway, being involved in this potential cascade of distractions could indicate she was upset or preoccupied already, or simply that she was having a rough morning as we all do sometimes.

I see a series of potential distractions on this morning.

1) cut fingers (absentmindedly?) which caused her to be distracted
2) this distraction changed her routine which caused her to forget the badge
3) realizing she forgot the badge caused distraction while she was parking and texting
4) her distraction with this caused her to let her guard down

Re her phone powering down. If it suddenly ran out of battery perhaps she asked someone if she could borrow theirs?

Anyway, being involved in this potential cascade of distractions could indicate she was upset or preoccupied already, or simply that she was having a rough morning as we all do sometimes.

I have some difficulty to think that Cheryl would live for work in a Monday morning with her phone almost running out of battery. IMO no way.

I like the way you think AND i want to know how much life insurance she had too!

I, on the other hand don't like the way I think at all because it implies something very painful to take... (I know what you meant, I am only trying to make things a bit lighter :) ) Poor Cheryl in anyway. May her memory live :rose:

Just a quick observation. I am guessing her body had very little sign as to the COD. I assume LE came to the "self inflicted" statement from information from her family. And I assume those two small cuts (?from last nights dinner prep?) would not have been remarkable had there been other severe trauma?

I doubt LE had any influence in describing the cuts as self inflicted.

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/17/autops...ide-other-causes-of-death-being-investigated/

Detectives said the Snohomish County medical examiner performed an autopsy, and found small cuts on two of DeBoer’s fingers that appear to be self-inflicted. The medical examiner is waiting for more test results before deciding on the cause and manner of death.

ETA: oh, do you mean LE may have mentioned the cuts to family and the family may have confirmed they happened at home? I get you, apologies...

ETA again, added the words 'may have' after seeing Hans post.

I doubt LE had any influence in describing the cuts as self inflicted.

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/17/autops...ide-other-causes-of-death-being-investigated/

Detectives said the Snohomish County medical examiner performed an autopsy, and found small cuts on two of DeBoer’s fingers that appear to be self-inflicted. The medical examiner is waiting for more test results before deciding on the cause and manner of death.

ETA: oh, you mean LE mentioned the cuts to family and family confirmed they happened at home? I'm with you, apologies...

Just to be clear, and I don't believe pinklilies meant to imply this, we do not know the family has confirmed that the cuts were previously made. That is conjecture on the part of some. It may be, as some have speculated, CD deliberately cut her fingers on something sharp (perhaps on the blade of a small pair of scissors she kept in her purse - just conjecture) in order to leave blood evidence in the car. We don't know much of what was happening when she was abducted that morning.

Maybe Cheryl had band-aids on her fingers that proved she had treated her injuries. She cut herself=self-inflicted accident and bandaged up.

I still believe LE does not know how she died, cause of death OR manner of death and hoping tox results push things one way or another. I do not believe the cuts would have been mentioned unless no other inuries had been found.

Also, I doubt band aids would have been enough to make an ME say "self inflicted" since some people have to bandage injuries caused to them by others, it would be too great an assumption. Jmo

I still believe LE does not know how she died, cause of death OR manner of death and hoping tox results push things one way or another. I do not believe the cuts would have been mentioned unless no other inuries had been found.

Also, I doubt band aids would have been enough to make an ME say "self inflicted" since some people have to bandage injuries caused to them by others, it would be too great an assumption. Jmo

As opposed to defensive cuts. She didn't stop her attacker and say "wait, let me fix this with a band aid"

I have some difficulty to think that Cheryl would live for work in a Monday morning with her phone almost running out of battery. IMO no way.

Maybe not deliberately. Maybe it failed to charge overnight or it's like my aging iPhone that goes from 20% to nothing unexpectedly. Plus we don't have any idea what her phone charging habits were!

Just to be clear, and I don't believe pinklilies meant to imply this, we do not know the family has confirmed that the cuts were previously made. That is conjecture on the part of some. It may be, as some have speculated, CD deliberately cut her fingers on something sharp (perhaps on the blade of a small pair of scissors she kept in her purse - just conjecture) in order to leave blood evidence in the car. We don't know much of what was happening when she was abducted that morning.

We don't know that she was abducted :) Her purse with those scissors is ??? Isn't that what folks do here? Conjure up all sorts of ideas?

We don't know that she was abducted :) Her purse with those scissors is ??? Isn't that what folks do here? Conjure up all sorts of ideas?

While we don't know Cheryl was abducted (she could have gone willingly) we do know from LE that she disappeared from the area of her car. We also know LE asked specifically for information about any unusual occurrences in front of the library (the area where her car was parked.) Finally we know she was found dead 1.5 miles away. Cheryl had to get to the culvert somehow and her death points to the likelihood of abduction. Her death is being investigated as a homocide. But we don't know how Cheryl received those cuts only that the ME says they appear to be self-inflicted.

While we don't know Cheryl was abducted (she could have gone willingly) we do know from LE that she disappeared from the area of her car. We also know LE asked specifically for information about any unusual occurrences in front of the library (the area where her car was parked.) Finally we know she was found dead 1.5 miles away. Cheryl had to get to the culvert somehow and her death points to the likelihood of abduction. Her death is being investigated as a homocide. But we don't know how Cheryl received those cuts only that the ME says they appear to be self-inflicted.

I mentioned this before, but since you brought up where her car was found, I wonder why the Crime Stoppers for Cheryl took out the information of where her car was located.
I wonder why it isn't mentioned in the Crime Stoppers exactly where she was found. It mentions she was found the night of the 14th. I thought her body was found around 12:30 in the afternoon.
IMOO.

http://www.crimestoppers.com/homicide-cheryl-deboer-csops-220/

"Cheryl’s body was found on the night of February 14, 2016."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/body-found-in-mountlake-terrace/

"Around 12:30 p.m. Sunday, a group of volunteers found the body in a large, grassy area maintained by the city near 244th Street Southwest and Cedar Way," (Snipped By Me…)

I mentioned this before, but since you brought up where her car was found, I wonder why the Crime Stoppers for Cheryl took out the information of where her car was located.
I wonder why it isn't mentioned in the Crime Stoppers exactly where she was found. It mentions she was found the night of the 14th. I thought her body was found around 12:30 in the afternoon.
IMOO.

http://www.crimestoppers.com/homicide-cheryl-deboer-csops-220/

"Cheryl’s body was found on the night of February 14, 2016."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/body-found-in-mountlake-terrace/

"Around 12:30 p.m. Sunday, a group of volunteers found the body in a large, grassy area maintained by the city near 244th Street Southwest and Cedar Way," (Snipped By Me…)

Have you tried contacting Crime Stoppers for clarification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024