Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I recall as well but Crime Stoppers omission/misstatement doesn't change what we've heard from MSM.

No, it doesn't change what we have heard from MSM.

Crime Stoppers asks if anyone has any info as to what may have happened to Cheryl to call their number.
It is just odd, to me, that they would leave out that specific information about the location of the car, because when she was Missing, the located of her car was noted on Crime Stoppers at that time.
IMOO.

No, it doesn't change what we have heard from MSM.

Crime Stoppers asks if anyone has any info as to what may have happened to Cheryl to call their number.
It is just odd, to me, that they would leave out that specific information about the location of the car, because when she was Missing, the located of her car was noted on Crime Stoppers at that time.
IMOO.

I think it's really odd too. I will contact them unless you plan to.

Re: Crime Stoppers:

I am wondering if the editing of Cheryl's case on Crime Stoppers is just because the all the posts seem to follow an approximate "150 word" limit. I checked about 10 cases and even the most prolonged and detailed cases seem to respect a 150 word limit. Maybe each time they put something in they have to take something out?

I think she was most likely abducted (maybe also attacked) on 58th. But I also have the same question that you do. Because unless we know she was seen on cam driving from her car from home to 58th (either at home or at 236th and 58th) I can't feel 100% sure that there wasn't jumped as she got into her car. (The driveway goes all the way back behind the house and is accessible from the main road. Someone could easily lurk back there it seems.)

If something happened to her the night before that would mean that LE wrongly cleared her husband, which I doubt happened. But something happening to her after he left for work is still fair game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would like to hear (and perhaps it has been said..as I don't have time to read this daily so my apologies) is if the hard drive for the home security system was maintained/onsite at the residence or if the data goes/uploads to a professional security monitoring company and if so/offsite did the records get subpoenaed and if the computer/hard drive was onsite at the residence was it impounded ? and..if I'd like to know if the time she apparently left the residence is coming from a forensic analysis of the hard drive (time stamps need to be analyzed and verified the time settings on the computer were correct) and not via "he said she said" so to speak. Someone else suggested previously (I cannot confirm or deny whether fact or not) that LE never approached the family about the surveillance system? (doesn't sound right to me but I don't know what someone else may know [emoji6] ).

This is so sad. I don't know how anyone could ever think of doing something like this. I hope the family and friends etc get answers soon. [emoji22]

Sent from my mobile

Re: Crime Stoppers:

I am wondering if the editing of Cheryl's case on Crime Stoppers is just because the all the posts seem to follow an approximate "150 word" limit. I checked about 10 cases and even the most prolonged and detailed cases seem to respect a 150 word limit. Maybe each time they put something in they have to take something out?

The cached version of Cheryl's Missing Crime Stoppers is well over 150 words.

The version of Cheryl's Homicide Crime Stoppers has the additional date of "February 8, 2016" added in addition to:
"Cheryl's body was found on the night of February 14, 2016."
http://www.crimestoppers.com/homicide-cheryl-deboer-csops-220/
and a lot of details taken out.

On Cheryl's original Missing Crimestoppers, there was information about her concerned co-workers from Fred Hutch calling her husband when Cheryl didn't show up for work. Cheryl's family also called 911 to file a missing person's report that afternoon. It gives details of where her car was located which was 23400 block of 58th Ave. W.
It lists Cheryl's full date of birth in addition to how tall she was ,her approximate weight, and her hair color and eye color.
It also lists what she was last seen wearing which was dark colored pants and a dark jacket.

I think it would be helpful to Keep certain information.

If they want more info on Cheryl, to jog people's memory, leaving IN the information of where the car was found would be Helpful in my opinion. Particularly if they feel something happened to Cheryl right there.

Leaving IN what she was wearing might be helpful to jog people's memory, etc.

With the addition of Cheryl being found on February 14th, but not including WHERE she was found, well that info of EXACTLY where she was found could be helpful to jog someone's memory if they were in that particular area or had seen something or heard something.

They kept in the information of that she was supposed to meet her friend, the time of the text, how long it would take to go home to get her work ID, etc.

Just My Opinion.

Does anyone remember exactly how were we told about the chronology of the first hours of Cheryl's disappearance?

1 - Cheryl texts carpool friend saying she forgot the badge and must go for it.

2 - Friend asks how long will it take to retrieve the badge.

3 - Cheryl answers 10 minuts.

4 - Carpool friend says she will wait.

5 - Cheryl never appears.

6 - Carpool friend calls Cheryl last time about 8.30 but phone is switched off.

After this what were the next moves about Cheryl?

Then in Fred Hutch co-workers noted Cheryl's absence and found it unusual.

At what time did the co-workers contact Cheryl's husband to report she wasn't at work?

The co-workers who contacted the family because she was absent were the same of the carpool?

At what time was Cheryl reported missing by the family. Who reported her missing?

Was she reported missing before or after her car was found?

If someone may help me here with this chronology and times I am very thanked.

The cached version of Cheryl's Missing Crime Stoppers is well over 150 words.

The version of Cheryl's Homicide Crime Stoppers has the additional date of "February 8, 2016" added in addition to:
"Cheryl's body was found on the night of February 14, 2016."
http://www.crimestoppers.com/homicide-cheryl-deboer-csops-220/
and a lot of details taken out.

On Cheryl's original Missing Crimestoppers, there was information about her concerned co-workers from Fred Hutch calling her husband when Cheryl didn't show up for work. Cheryl's family also called 911 to file a missing person's report that afternoon. It gives details of where her car was located which was 23400 block of 58th Ave. W.
It lists Cheryl's full date of birth in addition to how tall she was ,her approximate weight, and her hair color and eye color.
It also lists what she was last seen wearing which was dark colored pants and a dark jacket.

I think it would be helpful to Keep certain information.

If they want more info on Cheryl, to jog people's memory, leaving IN the information of where the car was found would be Helpful in my opinion. Particularly if they feel something happened to Cheryl right there.

Leaving IN what she was wearing might be helpful to jog people's memory, etc.

With the addition of Cheryl being found on February 14th, but not including WHERE she was found, well that info of EXACTLY where she was found could be helpful to jog someone's memory if they were in that particular area or had seen something or heard something.

They kept in the information of that she was supposed to meet her friend, the time of the text, how long it would take to go home to get her work ID, etc.

Just My Opinion.

Seems to me, this would be exactly the kind of information LE would want the public to have

I still believe LE does not know how she died, cause of death OR manner of death and hoping tox results push things one way or another. I do not believe the cuts would have been mentioned unless no other inuries had been found.

Also, I doubt band aids would have been enough to make an ME say "self inflicted" since some people have to bandage injuries caused to them by others, it would be too great an assumption. Jmo

This whole finger thing is unusual AFAIAC. Some think she was leaving a clue, I do not feel that way at all at this time.
No COD has been reported pending tox results.
If she had a head injury or a stab wound, I thing LE would have said as much, or at least not stated no visible cause of death... I am looking for a link to this as my memory is short

Does anyone remember exactly how were we told about the chronology of the first hours of Cheryl's disappearance?

1 - Cheryl texts carpool friend saying she forgot the badge and must go for it.

2 - Friend asks how long will it take to retrieve the badge.

3 - Cheryl answers 10 minuts.

4 - Carpool friend says she will wait.

5 - Cheryl never appears.

6 - Carpool friend calls Cheryl last time about 8.30 but phone is switched off.

After this what were the next moves about Cheryl?

Then in Fred Hutch co-workers noted Cheryl's absence and found it unusual.

At what time did the co-workers contact Cheryl's husband to report she wasn't at work?

The co-workers who contacted the family because she was absent were the same of the carpool?

At what time was Cheryl reported missing by the family. Who reported her missing?

Was she reported missing before or after her car was found?

If someone may help me here with this chronology and times I am very thanked.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

To Correct#6, on the time:

"Her friend waited until nearly 7:30 a.m. and tried sending her a message and calling her at that time. It appeared to her that DeBoer’s phone had been turned off."

For #1, the text was at 7:02am.

To add a little more info:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160210/NEWS01/160219855

"Police received a call from the woman’s husband Monday afternoon. Her employer called him, reporting that she had not shown up."

Thank you so much, Treelights. So, we can assume that sometime late morning or early noon her husband received a call from FH saying she didn't appear for work. Then during afternoon he called the police. Was then after this that he found her car parked?

I will make a new post with the correct times.

Thank you so much, Treelights. So, we can assume that sometime late morning or early noon her husband received a call from FH saying she didn't appear for work. Then during afternoon he called the police. Was then after this that he found her car parked?

I will make a new post with the correct times.

"A surveillance system at the DeBoer’s home shows her husband leaving the house around 6:50 a.m. Feb. 8, a few minutes before Cheryl. He arrived at this work in Mukilteo around 7:15 a.m."

"DeBoer’s husband found her car that day in the 23400 block of 58th Avenue Southwest, just east of the park-and-ride lot near Veterans Memorial Park, an area used for overflow parking for the transit center."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/body-found-in-mountlake-terrace/

I don't recall reading that he found her car before, or after he called the police.

Since it was written that he arrived in Mukilteo around 7:15am, maybe he was there whenever he received the phone call from Cheryl's employer that Cheryl did not show up for work.
Maybe on his way home from his work, he found the car, then called police perhaps.
Or maybe he called the police with the info from Cheryl's work, then searched for Cheryl and found the car.
IMOO.

However Cheryl passed it is tragic. As per my usual I hate the insinuation about the spouse..I am often wrong but I don't think so this time. I think she comes from a quiet family and her husband and family is just devastated.
Rest in Peace.

However Cheryl passed it is tragic. As per my usual I hate the insinuation about the spouse..I am often wrong but I don't think so this time. I think she comes from a quiet family and her husband and family is just devastated.
Rest in Peace.

As per LE, husband is cleared , passed polygraph, so there can be no insinuations
And I agree, it is tragic.
Awaiting more information to be released

I believe ME, and LE know how Cheryl died. We the public don't know. Most cases the cause of death isn't immediately known to us. Especially in cases where murder is suspected. In the recent VT killings, it wasn't released until the past few days that stabbing to the neck caused the death. Not every injury has been stated, and probably won't be until trial or if it comes up in some search warrant and media reads it.

Cheryl is at peace. Her family must be in such turmoil!!! BTW, insurance, yeah sure CAN be a motive, but isn't always. End of January, my husband was in a terrific vehicle accident. Flipping the vehicle and landing against a tree. Minor injuries, however, he has a huge life insurance policy. WHY? To cover me if anything ever happened to him. He doesn't want me left with no home, or worrying about how I will survive. When companies offer insurance, many employees take advantage of that, trying to protect their love ones. I think it's a small minority that takes out a policy with ill intent. It does happen, and we've seen it in cases here. But I'm not feeling it for some reason in this case.

I still think this perp knew Cheryl in some capacity. I may be totally wrong and it was a crime of opportunity by a complete stranger. But, that gut feeling just says this perp has had past contact with Cheryl, and knows her in some way.

Many stranger murders DO move the body! Look how many serial murders out there, and the body is typically hidden in some form. Matthew Graham in VA, he hid Hannah Graham, and Morgan Harrington. I don't think he went through with burying them, but dumped them in someone else's property away from the actual crime scene.

A commuter, someone in Cheryl's neighborhood, someone she may have talked to a store, some contact whether in personal nature, or just in passing. JMO

I believe ME, and LE know how Cheryl died. We the public don't know. Most cases the cause of death isn't immediately known to us. Especially in cases where murder is suspected. In the recent VT killings, it wasn't released until the past few days that stabbing to the neck caused the death. Not every injury has been stated, and probably won't be until trial or if it comes up in some search warrant and media reads it.

Cheryl is at peace. Her family must be in such turmoil!!! BTW, insurance, yeah sure CAN be a motive, but isn't always. End of January, my husband was in a terrific vehicle accident. Flipping the vehicle and landing against a tree. Minor injuries, however, he has a huge life insurance policy. WHY? To cover me if anything ever happened to him. He doesn't want me left with no home, or worrying about how I will survive. When companies offer insurance, many employees take advantage of that, trying to protect their love ones. I think it's a small minority that takes out a policy with ill intent. It does happen, and we've seen it in cases here. But I'm not feeling it for some reason in this case.

I still think this perp knew Cheryl in some capacity. I may be totally wrong and it was a crime of opportunity by a complete stranger. But, that gut feeling just says this perp has had past contact with Cheryl, and knows her in some way.

Many stranger murders DO move the body! Look how many serial murders out there, and the body is typically hidden in some form. Matthew Graham in VA, he hid Hannah Graham, and Morgan Harrington. I don't think he went through with burying them, but dumped them in someone else's property away from the actual crime scene.

A commuter, someone in Cheryl's neighborhood, someone she may have talked to a store, some contact whether in personal nature, or just in passing. JMO

I've seen quite a few cases right here on Websleuths where the cops claimed there wasn't any outward signs of trauma and/or they were unable to establish a cause of death. 3 weeks later, it's revealed the victim's head had been literally blown off by a gunshot. No signs of trauma ?? No cause of death ???

These guys will lie like a rug when it suits them..........don't fall for it. They say whatever they need to say in order to get the media and the public off their backs.

I've seen quite a few cases right here on Websleuths where the cops claimed there wasn't any outward signs of trauma and/or they were unable to establish a cause of death. 3 weeks later, it's revealed the victim's head had been literally blown off by a gunshot. No signs of trauma ?? No cause of death ???

These guys will lie like a rug when it suits them..........don't fall for it. They say whatever they need to say in order to get the media and the public off their backs.

If I thought this I'd go back to my original theory that someone very close to CD is responsible :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024