Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't come home Monday; reported missing Tues. There's another woman, age 54, missing from Tacoma since Saturday, Holly Sims.

ETA: Amy was involved in a hit-and-run on Monday and never came home.

http://q13fox.com/2016/03/02/police-looking-for-woman-who-hasnt-been-seen-since-her-car-was-involved-in-hit-and-run-monday/

Interesting. I assume if it's a "hit and run," they think she left on her own? If you get to an accident and appear to have disappeared and no one knows why, they don't assume you committed a H&R, right? I wonder if drugs/alcohol were involved and she tried to take off and didn't make it anywhere far....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I assume if it's a "hit and run," they think she left on her own? If you get to an accident and appear to have disappeared and no one knows why, they don't assume you committed a H&R, right? I wonder if drugs/alcohol were involved and she tried to take off and didn't make it anywhere far....

Interesting perspective. Hope you'll share it on Amy's thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?301992-WA-Amy-Kennelly-48-Woodway-29-February-2016#post12394322

Well, I don't think they'd be doing this if it was a suicide or a completely random person.

I think there's a lot we don't know about Cheryl's personal life.

They might be looking to see her state of mind. Jmo

Well, I don't think they'd be doing this if it was a suicide or a completely random person.

Contrary to this statement, in order to rule suicide in/out the forensic investigators have to process her personal pc for anything she may have reviewed prior to her disappearance that could associate her death as self inflicted. FWIW

Police reviewing computer records in Cheryl DeBoer investigation

http://mltnews.com/police-reviewing-computer-records-in-cheryl-deboer-investigation/
"Investigators just recently got some additional phone records and computer records from analysts."

- Computer records from analyst ..hmm..forensic analyst provide a forensic analysis report not computer records..it sounds misworded. When a digital forensic analysts works a case, they create a forensic analysis report and in it report findings (including confirming time settings were accurate), evidence, exhibits, conclusions and opinions among other things...unusual for an analyst to provide computer records versus the report. Sounds to me like the forensic analysis report and it just is not worded properly. Also, why are investigators getting these 'from analysts'..sounds like the forensic analyst isn't PD /internal analyst the way it is worded. Ok then..there could be outside digital forensic analysts that were brought in to work the case ..

Sent from my mobile

They do this either way suspected suicide or suspected homicide.

Sent from my mobile

Something has me very worried. I was reviewing posts on my Facebook feed (since I live literally down the street from MLT and Woodway it's obviously big on my feed), anyway the Deboer family is commenting on the Amy stories. Asking details about where she was missing and also sharing press releases from the Police.

Why would they be so worried when their case is still being freshly investigated? It could be hey just want to help which I could see because the family seems super nice, but for two of the Deboer family to comment on the same articles comments made me feel stressed maybe they do think it's a serial thing...

Jmo

Posting here as well, as it's relevant to both cases --
As per KIRO 7 News reporter Maria Guererro in comments on her Facebook post/story on Amy Kennelly: " So I asked if there's any link between this case and Mountlake Terrace (Cheryl DeBoer death) and police said no."

I have seen this kind of reciprocal posting a few times on cases that I've followed on here...I think the posting of other cases by family members is an empathetic and helpful gesture as they (having just been through it) understand the importance of getting the word out and into news-feeds. In this case it is jarring because of the location so people may think of a connection between the two...

Something has me very worried. I was reviewing posts on my Facebook feed (since I live literally down the street from MLT and Woodway it's obviously big on my feed), anyway the Deboer family is commenting on the Amy stories. Asking details about where she was missing and also sharing press releases from the Police.

Why would they be so worried when their case is still being freshly investigated? It could be hey just want to help which I could see because the family seems super nice, but for two of the Deboer family to comment on the same articles comments made me feel stressed maybe they do think it's a serial thing...

Jmo

I agree! I'm extremely worried. A serial killer was my #2 theory for a while.

ETA - this is potentially 3 women in 3 weeks in the same age group?

Jmo

Where are you seeing the comments from Cheryl's family? Most of the articles I am finding have no comments. There are some attached to Q13 David Rose's FB page, but am not seeing Cheryl's family. Can you point me?

I very, very much doubt that Amy Kennelly encountered a random predator in Woodway, although I suppose someone could have been following her and she ran off the road and into a house, trying to evade. Ugh, that actually just occurred to me. Still, I would think it extremely, extremely unlikely.

As far as a link to Cheryl, IF Cheryl was taken by a random someone, that person was lurking at a time and location when there would have been lots of people to choose a victim from. Very different from lurking late at night in secluded Woodway, hoping a lone woman might come along. Maybe it was someone random, but I bet anything it was not the same hypothetical random someone who took Cheryl.

Well, maybe two are related, now that I've checked them out.

This new Seattle Times piece has about the same content as its affiliate MLTtimes yesterday, although this comment at the end is interesting:
For days, her mysterious disappearance and death created fear throughout the community, specifically among commuters who use the Mountlake Terrace transit center. Some of those drivers began carrying guns, knives and other weapons to protect themselves after DeBoer’s body was found.

Recently, Pickard said those type of concerns over safety have “slowed down somewhat.”
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ses-info-on-death-of-mountlake-terrace-woman/

The path through Veterans Memorial park getting some attention from local Eagle Scouts, specifically the footbridge...
Because of its strategic location in Veterans Memorial Park, the footbridge is used by not only park visitors but by commuters who must use parking near the Mountlake Terrace Police Station and Library due to the overcrowded lot and garage at the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center.
http://mltnews.com/eagle-scout-candidate-makes-improvements-to-veterans-memorial-park/

The comments about it taking months to release info, and that concerns have slowed down somewhat, are exactly what I feared. It's just going to go silent.

Continued thoughts for how hard this must be for the family.

This new Seattle Times piece has about the same content as its affiliate MLTtimes yesterday, although this comment at the end is interesting:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ses-info-on-death-of-mountlake-terrace-woman/

There's a paywall so I can't read the article. In your post you mentioned that Pickard said some of those concerns have "slowed down somewhat."
I think it is only natural to have major concerns particularly during the beginning when Cheryl was missing and shortly after she was found.
Time marches on, and people do go about their daily lives. Through time, people might not be "as concerned" esp. if nothing traumatic happens in that vicinity/area afterwards.

In Colorado Springs, in October and November, there were 2 incidences of mass murders. It was scary, but life marches on.
Being cautious is always good. Letting fear take over is not. I was not willing to be afraid in that manner. I live in a beautiful community and I love it here, the mountains, the atmosphere, the outdoors, the people. I am not willing to put my life on hold out of fear. Being aware of your surroundings is always paramount. We have one life, and we have to live it in the way we want, not let fear control it. Being a recluse or hermit isn't something I want.
IMOO.

The Seattle Times paywall (and others too) can be escaped with a little tinkering, particularly the sites that allow you to view 10 per month...which are very frustrating for us sluethers because we can't possibly subscribe to all of those newspapers!
Two things to try:
-Access the cookie storage in your browser's files and delete the folder left the by the relevant press website.
and/or
-use a proxy server to change your IP address.

Just using the first hint worked with ST's website.

Not sure that's true, they might be looking for evidence that she searched for information on different methods of suicide, or was active on support forums. I'm not saying I believe it's suicide, but I don't think this is a reason to rule it out.

ops, should have logged in and read all the thread before replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024