Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police said on Tuesday they were out searching the area. About 40-50 Snohomish Co. Search and Rescue helped with grid searches. They also searched the water for evidence. Some evidence was located and is being processed.

“They looked through the berry bushes, got in the water on their hands and knees and felt their way along to look for evidence,” said Pickard, adding that they did recover several items for processing by the crime lab but are not releasing exactly what those were.

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/16/m-e-co...-woman-but-says-cause-of-death-still-pending/

I wonder if anything LE found, was related to her case.

And how far are these berry bushes from the road?

LOL they tell us a lot of things without telling us anything!

A body believed to be that of 54-year-old Cheryl DeBoer was found in a wooded area in southeast Mountlake Terrace by a volunteer search party. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday

Stryker explains upthread about how the searchers reached the culvert. It was the result of methodically expanding the search area. Nothing fishy. (I was suspicious initially that there had been a tip. There wasn't.)

Yes, Dushi, from where Cheryl's car was found, the culvert is in the opposite direction from her house.

You all would have to see the streets right around the culvert to appreciate how obvious a pedestrian would have been there. I know anything is possible, but during commute time on roads with no sidewalks? I have to believe she would have been noticed.

I don't know if it was suggested by LE…

IMOO.

Stryker's post #299

This particular area was searched as part of an ever expanding grid search. Fred Hutch employees who have a background in statistical research and programming are very meticulous. The week leading up to the discovery of my moms body her coworkers organizing the search were methodically checking off all the areas that had been searched on maps, and continued expanding the search area. Groups were searching wooded areas and trails for any signs. Cell phone, credit cards etc... None of us really anticipated we would be finding a body. Especially so close to home. We were looking more for any clues.

Thank you Stripehaven. I needed clarification on direction

And my apologies, I really thought I read that LE planned the search
Sorry for the misinformation, I hate when that happens

Stryker's post #299

This particular area was searched as part of an ever expanding grid search. Fred Hutch employees who have a background in statistical research and programming are very meticulous. The week leading up to the discovery of my moms body her coworkers organizing the search were methodically checking off all the areas that had been searched on maps, and continued expanding the search area. Groups were searching wooded areas and trails for any signs. Cell phone, credit cards etc... None of us really anticipated we would be finding a body. Especially so close to home. We were looking more for any clues.

Fred Hutch employees pop up again!

Again the missing person usually ends up being found very close to where they went missing from!

"Rhonda Curry, a spokeswoman at the research center, said the statement was issued after a TV station told her it had spoken with the family and received confirmation of the identity."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/body-found-in-mountlake-terrace/

Maybe the family did not want to speak on camera at this particular time? I don't know…

IMOO.

Don't you think they should have spoken to her husband first?
Or Law Enforcement?

I'm sure they mean well but if she was murdered and it was someone she worked with that could be a problem don't u think?

Stryker's post #299

Right, I don't know if LE suggested this grid search first to them, or if it was on the part of the methodical thinking of the employees of Fred Hutch who thought of this first because they were expanding their grid search.

IMOO.

Don't you think they should have spoken to her husband first?
Or Law Enforcement?

I'm sure they mean well but if she was murdered and it was someone she worked with that could be a problem don't u think?

Perhaps they did speak to Cheryl's husband. He hasn't wanted to speak on camera previously.
I don't know about his position now, seeing as Cheryl's husband did post on the Facebook for Cheryl.
Perhaps the family ok'd this statement.
Stryker57 could be the one who would know…

IMOO.

Perhaps they did speak to Cheryl's husband. He hasn't wanted to speak on camera previously.
I don't know about his position now, seeing as Cheryl's husband did post on the Facebook for Cheryl.
Perhaps the family ok'd this statement.
Stryker57 could be the one who would know…

IMOO.

I wonder if they released this before LE did!
I think we all discussed this way back when it happened and thought it strange/

Only the New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas areas have more homeless than King County WA. State and local government has chosen to coddle the homeless population here. Camps, free parking zones, 1000 programs IMO encourage it.

way back when I remember a big Republican national convention came to town, the city of Dallas gathered them all up and put them on a one way trip to New mexico, problem sovled, I thought that was real tacky and possibly criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe