Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I wonder too if the location was random or if the perp was very familiar with it by routine (ex. either passing by the location often, working near or on it - landscaping, trash/highway clean up program, etc). Personally, I have to believe this person lives near the area because it seems like a risky intersection to pick if someone was unfamiliar with the traffic pattern at the intersection. Even if local - it still seems very risky but I guess if drugs were involved this person may not have been so concerned about risks especially if on a crazed hunt for a fix. I wish we knew if any personal items of value were missing which would help indicate robbery.

Off topic a bit but related - Was this the Monday after Super Bowl Sunday? Just wondering if big money was owed or the person was out all night.

I'd be strolling on over to that condo and checking out those folks, killers if this turns out to be a psycho, like to bask in thier glory and watch the goings on during the aftermath, the poster that mentioned they have not seen any LE presense has a point, hope they are not loosing valuable info, but maybe they are plain clothes and they just dont notice them, ( giving them the benefit of the doubt here ) LOL

I'd be strolling on over to that condo and checking out those folks, killers if this turns out to be a psycho, like to bask in thier glory and watch the goings on during the aftermath, the poster that mentioned they have not seen any LE presense has a point, hope they are not loosing valuable info, but maybe they are plain clothes and they just dont notice them, ( giving them the benefit of the doubt here ) LOL

I hope so - I have seen so many cases where we hope/think something is being done and things just go silent. I was following Katelyn Atkins case for so long. A young girl driven to a mall with plans to board a plane at a nearby airport. She never made her destination and her belongings were found in a ditch. That was 3 months ago and no updates.

I agree about the condo. I would hope residents in very close proximity to the culvert were questioned.

Re: the property south of the culvert...
Back in thread 2(?) after the body was discovered, I posted about this house. I think it is a stand-alone house as apposed to a condo because I found a recent property listing. Google/Bing ground level 'street views' showed the place looking a bit neglected so I asked locals if they knew it to be vacant? If the killer was from the area and knew of the culvert and that there were no close potential witnesses to the scene, well, to me, that indicates a degree of forethought.

As a side thought to this as I don't think it has been suggested: what if Cheryl did suicide but out of protection of her loved ones (and how she was remembered), she did not want it known. That would involve setting up circumstances and locations that point away from suicide, and no witnesses. If suicide is still on the table, this is one of the few versions of it that work in my head.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/news01/160219330

"Published: Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 5:29 p.m."

"Police also found what was believed to be blood on the inside portion of the passenger side door, according to a Feb. 10 search warrant seeking phone records.
At the time, police were investigating the case as a possible kidnapping."

With the search warrant establishing a timeline according to the article, the blood in the car would indicate perhaps a kidnapping?

When it is mentioned "at the time", has that changed? Do they still feel it was a kidnapping?

IMOO.

Back in thread 2(?) after the body was discovered, I posted about this house. I think it is a stand-alone house as apposed to a condo because I found a recent property listing. Google/Bing ground level 'street views' showed the place looking a bit neglected so I asked locals if they knew it to be vacant? If the killer was from the area and knew of the culvert and that there were no close potential witnesses to the scene, well, to me, that indicates a degree of forethought.

As a side thought to this as I don't think it has been suggested: what if Cheryl did suicide but out of protection of her loved ones (and how she was remembered), she did not want it known. That would involve setting up circumstances and locations that point away from suicide, and no witnesses. If suicide is still on the table, this is one of the few versions of it that work in my head.

Since Cheryl was from Mountlake Terrace, I wonder if this area has any significance to when she was younger, like as a kid?
Any memories attached to this area? Playing in those woods, walking in that area, etc?

IMOO.

*and* that would explain the delay in autopsy results for those that don't understand how it works. (my friend/coworker died with a needle in her arm, she was a heroin user, it was obviously overdose, but they still had to investigate, they asked neighbors if they heard anything, etc. being her coworker, we couldnt even really talk about her death as they were investigating whether a customer could have something to do with it- her neighbors heard a male arguing the night of. they almost always have to wait for toxicology results before deciding cause of death for sure.)

if she had injuries that could have been possibly fatal, they would have to figure out if they occurred before or after her death, and whether they caused her death at all, or whether she drowned, was poisoned, etc. i agree she could have been there the entire week and that is why the police asked for people to come forward if they saw anything suspicious that week before she was found! i dont know if i agree she was dropped in, though. i really dont want to believe she was murdered, let alone the murderer would so coldly toss her body over a guardrail. :/

Hi,
I've been watching this site since Cheryl was missing and I want to offer my condolences to Stryker and his family.
I use the MLT park and ride every day, and I live about a mile away from the Cedar Way culvert.
I have been amazed that the only presence I have seen at MLT P&R was Friends of CD the Wed following Her disappearance. They were holding photos and asking each person getting off the bus if we had seen her. I have not seen any police presence at all, nor have I seen or heard that they interviewed any of us P&R users about seeing anything out of the ordinary. My concern is that MLT police are missing a possible source of information.

that is normal behavior from police (not necessarily police around there), i do not know why, though. when my ex boyfriends mom went missing, we drove hours out to where she went missing. they were out looking for her, we were flagging down cars asking them if they had seen anything. we knew her truck had been towed and she was overdue home. someone we had pulled over said they saw a small woman and a man arguing next to a white truck. the police never even took this to heart or as part of the investigation and instead just labeled her death due to exposure due to the elements... :/

867f887f325f39011045af0f10df4b27.jpg

Here's the MLT sign with today's current. Lots of rainfall lately.

5b06b475314511d8f23b186cc4cd9852.jpg

Clarity & depth from non-wooded side

8a1dfd36ad958a078c2efdfd9cd2e779.jpg

Clarity & depth from wooded side

9f16122809ce1e23ccdabd323a2cd995.jpg

Another pic of the terrain, this from the right side of culvert looking east. It's literally unsteady & very overgrown from the time you leave the sidewalk. It's not a place anyone would or could take a walk. My husband was holding on to my hood from behind the whole time so I wouldn't fall in, & we stepped very cautiously. And we only went 10 feet back, tops.
so do you think she wasnt dumped on that little sidewalk by the sign and carried or rolled into the culvert? can a car drive onto that sidewalk area by the sign? (not the actual sidewalk, but the little "pull in")

Sending prayers of love and comfort to Cheryl's family. You are never alone - so many people care! Cheryl's love and light will always be in your hearts.

Praying for answers for Cheryl and her family.

Hi,
I've been watching this site since Cheryl was missing and I want to offer my condolences to Stryker and his family.
I use the MLT park and ride every day, and I live about a mile away from the Cedar Way culvert.
I have been amazed that the only presence I have seen at MLT P&R was Friends of CD the Wed following Her disappearance. They were holding photos and asking each person getting off the bus if we had seen her. I have not seen any police presence at all, nor have I seen or heard that they interviewed any of us P&R users about seeing anything out of the ordinary. My concern is that MLT police are missing a possible source of information.

MLT LE has appealed publicly for anyone with information to please call them. I have seen multiple appeals on TV and in newspapers. And they did rely on volunteers to help with flyers to spread the word at the P&R and canvassing neighborhoods, too. (Which was awesome - it is such a small police force but they had so many willing helpers.) IMO it would be impractical for them to try to talk to people who are in the midst of their commute. More efficient to let anyone who actually has info to come forward. This has been so well publicized that surely anyone who could help would have known to call.

I have actually been very curious as to whether they have received any tips. I know Cmdr Pickard said they have evidence, but I wonder if anyone outside LE has contributed info.

so do you think she wasnt dumped on that little sidewalk by the sign and carried or rolled into the culvert? can a car drive onto that sidewalk area by the sign? (not the actual sidewalk, but the little "pull in")

Yup, a car could pull in there. That's an old driveway; a house used to be there but was demolished a few years ago.

I get what everyone is saying about being able to see traffic coming in all directions. I kept thinking it wasn't a good spot due to lots of commuter traffic going by there - but that's when I was assuming the drop happened shortly after Cheryl was taken. At night, it would have been a very practical choice (ugh, I hate saying that).

Surely, she would know suspicions would be on her husband in that scenario.

I'm curious about that house so close by. Is it empty? Has it been searched? Is it possible Cheryl was held there and managed to escape? Maybe tried to hide in the woods from her abductor, only to slip and fall into the culvert trying to get to the road, but was too weak or injured to get out? I don't know, just a scenario that crossed my mind.

IMO, of course.

can a car drive onto that sidewalk area by the sign? (not the actual sidewalk, but the little "pull in")

There is a pull-in that a vehicle could back into easily from Cedar Way. The brush gets higher back there so you could be somewhat hidden.
Cedar Way is a big cut through for commuters though so there is usually traffic.

Surely, she would know suspicions would be on her husband in that scenario.

Just musing and not really convinced about a suicide scenario but maybe the stall with the forgotten work badge created the perfect alibi for her husband. It ensured he was well on his way to work at the time she went missing...

Has anyone local been able to determine the current from the water in the culvert? We discussed this idea early on, when her body was first found. Now, from what I am reading, our attention seems focused on where her body was found as being the primary/only dump site. Have we determined for sure that a current did not move her?

Has anyone local been able to determine the current from the water in the culvert?
The current flows from east to west and seems to be highly variable depending on rainfall. News footage of the western end on the days following her discovery show a one-two foot depth of water that is positively gushing. But some reports and sat nav pics show slower flow.
I wonder if one of the locals that visited the culvert (and walked along the drainage ditch running N-S along Cedar Way) could chime in with an idea whether it would be possible for water flow/depth to move her from another entry point?

Is there someone good with maps, not me, that could maybe mark spots as to which side is the east side, the west side, direction water flows & which side her body was actually found? It would be greatly appreciated for this directionally challenged non local. [emoji12][emoji4]
ETA: I know there was a map on one of the threads, but I have yet to find it, I'm still looking though, so if there is already one can someone bring it over? TIA

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

The current flows from east to west and seems to be highly variable depending on rainfall. News footage of the western end on the days following her discovery show a one-two foot depth of water that is positively gushing. But some reports and sat nav pics show slower flow.
I wonder if one of the locals that visited the culvert (and walked along the drainage ditch running N-S along Cedar Way) could chime in with an idea whether it would be possible for water flow/depth to move her from another entry point?

IMO, no.

The water isn't nearly deep enough or fast enough to move her, and other than the concrete walled part directly under the road, even if she could have moved a few feet, the massive amounts of brush & sticker bushes would prevent it.

Is there someone good with maps, not me, that could maybe mark spots as to which side is the east side, the west side, direction water flows & which side her body was actually found? It would be greatly appreciated for this directionally challenged non local. [emoji12][emoji4]
ETA: I know there was a map on one of the threads, but I have yet to find it, I'm still looking though, so if there is already one can someone bring it over? TIA

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I just threw this one together. I'm not an artist by any means sorry, but it gives the basics in direction of waterflow, crime scene, etc.

2a066f24a7934eea5ad2b6e21e47b32a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member