DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I am miss-interpreting his earlier thread

Verified family member DeBoer case
Join DateFeb 2016Posts28
IMO In the order of most likely to least possible, it could be 1 of these 3 possible scenairos in manner of death.
1) Homicide
2) Undetermined
3) Suicide

That does seem to contradict what he said before. Not to speak for him, but maybe he just means that suicide has not been officially ruled out, but that he himself discounts it.

I keep checking back here, even though I am local and I know that the news outlets here will be announcing the findings when they can. But I can't seem to quit hoping to see an answer here, even though I know we are all waiting and waiting. This case is heartbreaking.

I am not familiar with carpooling or taking buses or public transit, so sorry it these seem like a silly questions.....
*When a person is going to carpool with a friend or co-worker is it normal to park your car where Cheryl parked?
*Are there other places to park that maybe one wouldn't have to take the path through the wooded area?
*What is at the other end of that path through the woods, the transit station? Another parking area?
I guess I'm just trying to wrap my head around why Cheryl would've needed to walk through the woods to get to the carpool person? Where were they supposed to meet up with each other? Where did carpool wait til 7:30 for Cheryl to arrive?
Cheryl didn't live that far from where she parked right? So why didn't the carpool just pick her up at her at home? Or is that not the way carpools work?

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Yes, it's normal for carpoolers and bus riders to park where Cheryl parked. It is a residential street near the park and ride. The shortcut path begins at that location and comes out in the main parking lot of the transit center. A person parking where Cheryl did could take the path OR sidewalks to reach the transit center. The path saves a bit of time.

People meet to carpool to save the driver the time and inconvenience of having to pick up and drop off multiple passengers. The goal is to simplify the commute for driver and passengers alike.

So if she didn't "wander" there, she was taken there or she drove there, but assumedly her car is back on 58th, so she was taken there. And if she was taken there, she either was alive and died or was killed there or was deceased already. Either way, I wonder why Stryker57 leaves the possibility of suicide on the table, however unlikely.. I must be missing something..Did she hitch a ride to commit suicide? Confused..

I took Stryker's comment to mean that there was no evidence of disorientation leading to a fall down into the culvert which would have caused visible injuries. I guess that still leaves open the possibility of a purposeful walk/bus ride to the scene and deliberate entry to the culvert (non-accidental/non-fall).

I cannot imagine what the family is going through. I do not even know Cheryl and my heart breaks over this. I got frustrated by the lack of news and the same discussions. The same theories, facts and scenarios have been discussed in thread 1 and here we are still going in circles with the same questions.

In my very first posts on thread one - I thought this case involved someone CD knew but not closely or if not - multiple people - otherwise getting someone into a car unwillingly during a morning commute excited . And I'm still curious if keys were found.

Someone suggested that maybe LE has the person in jail already for something else and is awaiting more evidence. I would hope so because if that is not the case - look how much time has passed by. Would LE wait all this time for the results /tests come back proving homicide before taking further action? I have seen other cases stall out and never heard another word but thought that with all the initial media and such - we'd be hearing so much more. Okay, venting over will check back again.

I'm wondering the same now. Knowing cause & mechanism but not manner rules a lot of things out.

This is perhaps, also, why Pickard said that the Public would understand why LE was holding back certain information.

And also how he would have known to say that the Public is safe.

Those two things lead me to think suicide again, but the how...?

An EXTREME example would be that they know the cause - "gunshot wound to the chest", the mechanism - "severe blood loss" - but NOT whether it was self-inflicted (suicide) or purposely done by another (homicide). If LE feels that it was purposely done then I would imagine that, in order to say that the public was in no danger (and Pickard was empathic about that) LE would have an idea of who did it and possibly even why.

If they are taking this long to gather and evaluate every piece of evidence before presenting it to the Public, then perhaps it is because - by disclosing anything to us - they might possibly reduce their chances of getting a conviction when they take the person to court.

Maybe this is something Stryker can answer, whoever discovered the body during the search, what is THEIR theory on what occurred. Maybe they formed an opinion based on what they saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

Eta sorry did a pocket type!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time posting but have been following thread for sometime now. I used to live close to mountlake terrace, and actually lived 1 block away from cedar way so I'm pretty familiar with the area of culvert. Like many on here, I cannot stop thinking of CD and is hoping to find answers.

Stryker - many people near and far, even strangers like myself are grieving along with you and your family. You are in thoughts and prayers. May you find comfort and peace during this time of loss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Apologies for redundant questions. Did Cheryl go back home for her badge? I'm reading about a lot of badge questions. Did she go back home to fetch the badge?

Apologies for redundant questions. Did Cheryl go back home for her badge? I'm reading about a lot of badge questions. Did she go back home to fetch the badge?
No. The badge was found at the DeBoer home. She didn't make it back, as far as we know.

Thank you. I've started to follow the case here and I do have some catching up. Like many of you I simply don't feel it's suicide. (National media hasn't mentioned it (the case) from what I've read.)

Often suicide is planned. And one wouldn't be texting people if she planned to take her own life and she would more than likely had her badge since... it's planning. As an aside, I forget to bring something to work at least once every two weeks.

Do you all know if she had a side business? Such as selling on eBay or an Etsy store?

No. The badge was found at the DeBoer home. She didn't make it back, as far as we know.

I agree it could be any number of innocent explanations. I just find "self inflicted" to be misleading, at least to me. Makes me think of something very serious. Thanks for your input.

I've made more than one post addressing this. I know it's not easy to search on here but google is also your friend.

As someone who suffers numerous self inflicted injuries, mainly by being a useless cook, it's not a misleading term. It simply means an injury caused by one's own actions, not by another or defending against another's actions.

IMOO

Cheryl could have cut her fingers on purpose, to leave DNA or clues!
She could have injuries to her chest or neck area and loss of blood, and I don't believe by her own hand.
Do we know yet, was her life was taken closer to when she went missing or closer to when she was found?

IMOO

Cheryl could have cut her fingers on purpose, to leave DNA or clues!
She could have injuries to her chest or neck area and loss of blood, and I don't believe by her own hand.
Do we know yet, was her life was taken closer to when she went missing or closer to when she was found?

I haven't read anything in MSM about when her life was taken.

Her obituary states February, 2016, with no date… and that it lists Mountlake Terrace.

I wonder if that means that they do know she died in Mountlake Terrace versus somewhere else, and then transplanted there,

or if it was just meant that she was found in Mountlake Terrace.

"Cheryl Peterson DeBoer was born on May 23, 1962 in Seattle, WA and died Feb. 2016 in Mountlake Terrace, WA." - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/seattletimes/obituary.aspx?pid=177795885#sthash.oiCHu9Ro.dpuf

Again I wonder if water was found in her lungs, like did she drown in that culvert?

IMOO.

Wondering......didn't someone state there is a place a car/truck/van could easily back up very closely to the opposite side of where she was eventually found?
What if the perp thought she was dead, went & dumped her body at the culvert area, the easily accessible side, but she was actually still alive, like barely, she may not have known where she was so she just started crawling, dragging herself through the drainage ditch to the other side. By the time people in the area were asked to be on the look out, Cheryl could've been under the road, unnoticeable to drivers passing by because she was literally under the road. Maybe she was alive long enough to drag herself to the other side, but stopped to rest & her body gave in to her injuries, she could have possibly sucked in some water into her lungs. Therefore it might be difficult for the ME to make a confident determination of exact MOD.
Idk just trying to come up with different what if scenarios in my head.

Family wasn't aware of the cuts before she went missing. Self inflicted could also mean she reached for something and accidentally cut herself on a sharp object. Doesn't necessarily mean her intent was to cut her own finger.

Thank you, Stryker57.
I appreciate your subtle way of trying to give as much information as possible.
Also, for me, IMO this post answers WHY the coroner, LE released this info.
Thanks again.

Does anybody have the picture of when her car was found and then brought to the police station, I'm looking for the picture that had the red tape on the seams and gas tank.
There was a picture someone posted a thread or two back, unfortunately I can't locate it.

Here is a screenshot from the first crime stoppers poster which had the picture of her car. I can't remember which thread it was originally posted.
302d580adba86ca5a15703a7f3084507.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111