Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help thinking about Commander Pickard (trained FBI professional) assuring us we were safe when asked at the press conference by one of the news teams…that makes me think this was not a murder. JMO

How early did he make this statement? At the time, perhaps he thought she was voluntarily missing and would still show up.

It's nearly impossible to know with the little information we have. Perhaps she was driving poorly as she was looking for her badge and someone got upset and followed her. After she had texted her carpool person, the road rager caught up to her car and punched the side window, a confrontation ensued and her phone was grabbed and things went downhill.

Personally, I don't think her car was used but I also can't exclude it.

That happened a couple years ago when I was in CA. It was a wealthy little community and two guys got in a road rage incident. One guy followed the other home and killed him! So I guess it can't be ruled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking I didn't explain my thoughts clearly.

First, we have single lane traffic, so there's no need to switch to a particular lane to turn left or right at 58th Ave.

Next, logical people would view turning left, left and left (blue arrows) as the easiest way to get back on 236 most easily. Let's assume that Cheryl turned right (purple arrows). Instead of stopping before 234, which again would be easiest for getting back on 236 street, her car is North of 234 street, whereas South of 234, and better yet, South of 235 street are better for stopping to text, and then easily returning to 236 and heading home, East, with minimal extra driving.

That is the basis for my question about where her car is parked.

Next, we have blood in her car. I doubt a bleeding stranger would get into her passenger seat, move her to another vehicle, murder her, and leave her in a nearby culvert. It seems more likely that she was moved to her passenger seat, and that her self inflicted wounds were intended to leave blood on the passenger seat and door as a message from Cheryl. I don't know her at all, but that does seem like something someone would do in that situation. That is, it's not uncommon for abducted women who are half Cheryl's age to leave jewellery and other traces of themselves in a vehicle during an abduction. That leads to the conclusion that Cheryl was attacked at 7:02AM in her vehicle, that she bled in her passenger seat, that the perp used her car to transport her, and that the perp then parked her car near the area where she was first attacked.

traffic_options.jpg

Maybe someone needed Cheryl's car.

Where did Cheryl meet the carpool? If she met them at the Park and Ride, the location where her car was found doesn't make sense to me. It's not at a good location for walking to the parking lot, and it's not at a logical location for turning around to retrieve the badge from home.

As far as I could tell driving around her car was parked in the closest place you can legally park near the park and ride without parking in the actual lot. It was said that she DOES park there sometimes when the lot is full. She could have anticipated that the lot would be full and parked there. It's just a short walk to the park in ride.

Also turning right/north on 58th from 236th to loop back home before hitting the traffic of the park and ride seems a logical move had she realized she didn't have her badge while driving.

So either of those scenarios make sense to me.

Yeah, I can't really make any sense of why they would return the car to 58th, but I also can't see anyone risking carrying a body on 58th from one car to another. Maybe they pulled up on the street right next to her driver side and got her in quickly. It's upsetting to imagine and I hope they get those responsible quickly.

There are several cases where a woman was abducted in her own vehicle, driven to a nearby area, assaulted, and left at that location. The vehicle is then returned to the general area of the abduction. The main reason for this is so that the perp can return to his own vehicle.

Next, logical people would view turning left, left and left (blue arrows) as the easiest way to get back on 236 most easily. Let's assume that Cheryl turned right (purple arrows). Instead of stopping before 234, which again would be easiest for getting back on 236 street, her car is North of 234 street, whereas South of 234, and better yet, South of 235 street are better for stopping to text, and then easily returning to 236 and heading home, East, with minimal extra driving.

attachment.php
Having seen the traffic patterns at that time of day turning left doesn't make sense at all. She would stop traffic waiting for oncoming traffic to pass, this might take over a minute. If this was the case someone would have certainly remembered her car blocking all the traffic at rush hour. 3 rights would have been a smooth transition back to the route home. 3 lefts would have 2 (236th & 56th) intersections waiting for traffic to lighten up or stop.

Lots of nerve endings in fingers, cuts would leave lots of blood.

Yes, any of these recreations work, but without more info. we can't fine tune any of it. We are grasping.

<snip>First, we have single lane traffic, so there's no need to switch to a particular lane to turn left or right at 58th Ave.

That is the basis for my question about where her car is parked.
<snip>
As for turning right instead of left, well, most people have a preference for either left or right, and perhaps Cheryl preferred right. As for stopping first after the first possible right turn, we don't know how the traffic situation was that morning, it's possible that it was the first free space she found after having turned right.

For the blood on the passenger side in the car, we don't know how much there were and if it was "fresh" or old blood stains, nor do we know where it was.

If a perp used Cheryl's car to transport her anywhere, they would has to have left some kind of traces of themselves in the car, be it hair, fingerprints or some kind of fibres from clothes and so on. LE have most likely gone through the car meticulously, and would have find some kind of evidence of someone having been in the car that shouldn't have been there.

Having seen the traffic patterns at that time of day turning left doesn't make sense at all. She would stop traffic waiting for oncoming traffic to pass, this might take over a minute. If this was the case someone would have certainly remembered her car blocking all the traffic at rush hour. 3 rights would have been a smooth transition back to the route home. 3 lefts would have 2 (236th & 56th) intersections waiting for traffic to lighten up or stop.

I'm not seeing any traffic lights in the area. In fact, the intersection looks like small town-ish, with stop signs on 58th, and through traffic on 236.

There are several cases where a woman was abducted in her own vehicle, driven to a nearby area, assaulted, and left at that location. The vehicle is then returned to the general area of the abduction. The main reason for this is so that the perp can return to his own vehicle.

Why wasn't the car picked up again?

As for turning right instead of left, well, most people have a preference for either left or right, and perhaps Cheryl preferred right. As for stopping first after the first possible right turn, we don't know how the traffic situation was that morning, it's possible that it was the first free space she found after having turned right.

For the blood on the passenger side in the car, we don't know how much there were and if it was "fresh" or old blood stains, nor do we know where it was.

If a perp used Cheryl's car to transport her anywhere, they would has to have left some kind of traces of themselves in the car, be it hair, fingerprints or some kind of fibres from clothes and so on. LE have most likely gone through the car meticulously, and would have find some kind of evidence of someone having been in the car that shouldn't have been there.

The blood was on the passenger seat and passenger interior door. If it was old blood, her husband would have told police that the blood had been on the passenger interior door for months. Instead, it is being tested. If the perp was in Cheryl's car, it's possible that evidence was left behind.

"Investigators found what they believe to be blood stains inside the car belonging to Cheryl DeBoer, the Mountlake Terrace woman whose body was discovered in a culvert last Sunday, police confirmed Tuesday night.

Police Commander Kevin Pickhard said investigators found the stains on the passenger seat of DeBoer's Subaru and also on the inside passenger door. They will undergo lab testing."

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/16/m-e-co...-woman-but-says-cause-of-death-still-pending/

How early did he make this statement? At the time, perhaps he thought she was voluntarily missing and would still show up.

First press conference after her body was found. He wanted to know…how she got from here to there.

Have they ever stated whether or not her keys were found? I'm also curious if her car was locked when her husband found it and/or if the door was left open or if it was closed when he got there. Have any announcements from the PD stated anything about this?

Have they ever stated whether or not her keys were found? I'm also curious if her car was locked when her husband found it and/or if the door was left open or if it was closed when he got there. Have any announcements from the PD stated anything about this?

No new information, nothing in reference to keys. Her son was asked about the doors being locked and I believe he said he did not want to jeopardize police investigation (paraphrasing).

Her car was in the 23400 block, but there's a perfectly good spot to pull over one block earlier in the 23500 block. It is not a parking spot, but it is a good place to pull over to send a text. Additionally, stopping here results in fewer blocks to travel to return home.

Why would Cheryl park so far from the Park and Ride if she was in a rush to meet her carpool? Wouldn't it take her 10 minutes to walk from the car location to the Park and Ride?

car_23500 block.jpg

On surveillance camera?

If it is known where a vehicle traveled, it's possible to obtain video surveillance from that location at the time when the vehicle should have been in the area. After the abduction, nothing is known about the route taken.

If you go back to Thread #1, post #1284 by JanetElaine she has a great photo of where the 1998 Subaru of Cheryl Deboer's was found by her husband. Do we really think she was taken, kicking and screaming, from that location with other commuters sure to be nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper