Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the bag was trash already in the creek or culvert. I believe the bag could have gotten caught on Cheryl simply from proximity and water flow.

Or maybe the bag is from the murderer's car, used with chloroform or something to subdue Cheryl. Any acquaintances who frequent said restaurant?

Thank you, stryker57, for your commitment to your mom. I appreciate you being here to clarify issues and information, but realize how awful it must be. I'm so sorry.

I thought it was over her head and loosely secured. If true, that sounds a little more purposeful than the creek would be capable of accomplishing-I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Release of Cheryl's personal information

In my personal opinion, and I have zero connection to this case, other than being a local... Intimate aspects of Cheryl's life, the majority of which define her legacy, should remain private.

Unless family, and LE deem release of such information crucial to solving this case... I believe we should all come together and protect the sanctity of the memories which belong exclusively to Cheryl's family and friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Was this the original reply to my post above that you deleted? I understand completely. I'm not expecting anyone to come forth and lay out all kinds of personal details. I'm just here to vent and ask questions and add to discussion. Am I doing it wrong? I'm very new here. I don't expect details. Just saying things I'd like to know.

But she was in shallow water. I believe she would have the urge to sit up.

2-3 feet of water is not shallow. especially if youre sitting in it..she was found face down, so she was either standing or sitting, i dont imagine she was laying face down.

I thought it was over her head and loosely secured. If true, that sounds a little more purposeful than the creek would be capable of accomplishing-I think.

"...died from asphyxia due to a plastic bag being wrapped over her head as well as from freshwater drowning,.."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ed-of-drowning-had-plastic-bag-over-her-head/

I guess it is the definition of what "wrapped" means in this context?
I wish we knew exactly how the bag was affixed.

IMOO.

Suicide makes sense to me. People become depressed and it becomes a vicious cycle until it is a mental illness. Those people sometimes take their own lives. I get that.

What I don't get is the scenario that supports suicide. I'm imagining trying to tie the plastic bag handles under my chin to cut off my air, and then stepping into 2-3 feet deep cold creek water, and hoping to hyperventilate before I'm so cold I jump out of the water, or gaspingly rip the bag off my head. How does this alleged suicide happen?

it is my understanding that depression is a mental illness...?

Was this the original reply to my post above that you deleted? I understand completely. I'm not expecting anyone to come forth and lay out all kinds of personal details. I'm just here to vent and ask questions and add to discussion. Am I doing it wrong? I'm very new here. I don't expect details. Just saying things I'd like to know.

Your post was fine to me. :)

IMOO.

RE: Release of Cheryl's personal information

In my personal opinion, and I have zero connection to this case, other than being a local... Intimate aspects of Cheryl's life, the majority of which define her legacy, should remain private.

Unless family, and LE deem release of such information crucial to solving this case... I believe we should all come together and protect the sanctity of the memories which belong exclusively to Cheryl's family and friends.

What is being discussed here that you imply is a rumor or something that is digging too far? I've been on every single thread/page and nothing is being discussed that wasn't in main stream media or info given from a verified insider.

Hi Nan80!

I've been thinking about posting my thoughts on this subject for some time now.
I opted to delete my post as a reply, and post it on its own.

My apoligies for any discord this has caused, this is/was not my intention.

"...died from asphyxia due to a plastic bag being wrapped over her head as well as from freshwater drowning,.."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ed-of-drowning-had-plastic-bag-over-her-head/

I guess it is the definition of what "wrapped" means in this context?
I wish we knew exactly how the bag was affixed.

IMOO.

Here is where the police chief says the bag was loosely secured over her head. "Secured" is the operative word for me in that it seems to imply the act of "securing" it. Also, I think someone was asking about where Cheryl's blood was found in the car. This article says center console and door and handle (it reads as passenger side).

http://mltnews.com/mlt-police-chief-shares-some-details-of-cheryl-deboer-investigation/

What is being discussed here that you imply is a rumor or something that is digging too far? I've been on every single thread/page and nothing is being discussed that wasn't in main stream media or info given from a verified insider.

Hi Brandi,
I posted on this subject because at times, it feels to me, moi, myself, as if others want details which belong to family, close friends, associates, etc.

There was no intent whatsoever to infer anything, at all, regarding discussions, etc. in
"main stream media or info given from a verified insider".

If it was raining, Mrs. DeBoer probably folded up her glasses and put them in her pocket because they were getting wet.

As we have talked about a plastic bag to cover her head in the rain, it is interesting to see that women in the PNW have hoods on their coats, don't use umbrellas and aren't overly concerned about getting their hair wet on the way to work. What about your face? Doesn't getting it wet ruined your make up? I have many coats, none with hoods, do not even own a hoodie of any kind. Hoodies just mess up a do something awful. But I have umbrellas (plural) in each car and near every door. I have one that folds up to put in my purse and a couple of giant ones for two. It rains a lot here too but us southern gals tend to not want our even our coats to get wet, mcuh less our shoes, hair, purse or briefcase! We will gladly put a plastic shopping bag over our hair, our shoes, our purse, our briefcase. LOL Funny how we differ when it comes to handling rain based on locale.

Maybe we are part cat down here. LOL

As an aside and a word of advice:

My dear friend was accosted in a parking garage by a man with a gun who told her to walk quietly to her car. She knew if she got into a car with him, it would not turn out well so she just fell to the ground as if she had fainted. She even thought to purposefully fall onto her side to be a smaller target for his gun, with her purse underneath her body. She said "if he was going to take me, he was going to have to carry me and he didn't know which car was mine". Smart girl, he fled. Do this is you are accosted and have no other way to escape. A man carrying a limp woman will be remembered by anyone with eyes and the perp knows it. A woman walking quietly beside a man to her car is not going to be noticed.

I 1- drive everywhere. 2-buy a big enough hood that makes it so barely any rain gets in. 3-i dont wear much makeup, and tend to freshen it up at work or school if i do wear it and it gets messed up. it also tends to be more drizzly here than downright pouring, so my makeup never gets too messed up. also, i am a low fuss person...i dont wear makeup hardly ever. Cheryl seems similar, judging from her photos. i also never do my hair..lol..and when i do, i tuck it back in the coat, with hood covering it. ive heard southern girls tend to be more into keeping up appearance..(my Mom is from the south). I go to the store and even work in my pajamas, where my Mom would have a heart attack if she had to and would NEVER do that. wow, your friends smart!!

what if we assume all the tox results, the puter results, everything comes back normal, negative whatever.......then what ?

what if we assume all the tox results, the puter results, everything comes back normal, negative whatever.......then what ?

Maybe the animal blood results will shed light? Just based on reading what Stryker and others here have posted, it sounds like it was enough to smear (Stryker) and that it wouldn't have been leakage from packaged meat (a few people have posted links saying that watery red stuff is not actually blood). So...where the heck did it come from? Maybe it will just add more questions.

I'm still thinking Cheryl was targeted and murdered.

And for some reason, the murderer decided to throw in everything she's ever seen on some crime show---animal blood! razor blade! plastic bag! drowning! misdirection!--all but the kitchen sink.

It might be amusing if it wasn't so tragic. And, so far, successful.

Just a couple of thoughts. In a murder investigation, all people are on the table until cleared. Everyone in Cheryl's life should be considered and questioned. Start with those closest to her, and work outward. Her husband, son, mother, niece, etc., have all been cleared (or so I understand). So move to the next tier.

To be clear: I have not sleuthed anyone, have not investigated or searched for info on any person associated with this case. I'm just making some comments.

Someone upthread said that Cheryl was the only person who knew she forgot her badge that morning. No, her carpool person also knew, once she told him\her. And was that person late to work, since s\he said they waited for Cheryl until 7:30? (I did read where Stryker said the carpool person had been nothing but helpful, but, again, when a nice lady is murdered, all avenues must be explored. Don't take things at face value.)

Cheryl's routine for workday mornings sounds very regular, and quite predictable, so that made it easy for the person plotting to harm her. I still think someone she knew (or thought she knew, like a friend of a friend, or simply an acquaintance) drove up, and Cheryl got in with them to go get her badge and go to work. She would have had her car keys, her wallet, and her phone with her.

I agree with Stripehaven (I think it was?) who posted that s\he would like to know who suggested the search for Cheryl be expanded, who was in the search party that found her, etc. People had been searching for Cheryl a week when she was found, but still. Seems a tad convenient for her to be found by a search crew when she was likely to soon be spotted by a driver coming down the hill toward that intersection.

Stryker, my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry you've lost your mother, that your family is having to bear this loss. I hope and pray for a resolution you all can have peace about.

if she is in a pipe under the road, or the culvert is beneath the roads level, how can you see into it from the road, which is also several feet away? from photos you cannot see into it..

I actually think they read here! LOL
I would if I was LE.
they do read here. in earlier posts, a poster and i said cops seem to be acting cagey. in talking with the news, police said they are not trying to act cagey...lol. but still, police can miss posts and i dont expect them to read every single post on here as it is time consuming and hard for even i to keep up.

they do read here. in earlier posts, a poster and i said cops seem to be acting cagey. in talking with the news, police said they are not trying to act cagey...lol. but still, police can miss posts and i dont expect them to read every single post on here as it is time consuming and hard for even i to keep up.

Waving to Seattle cops ......lol:laughing::jail:

if she is in a pipe under the road, or the culvert is beneath the roads level, how can you see into it from the road, which is also several feet away? from photos you cannot see into it..

You can't see into the east side ditch/culvert from the road.

Im just saying this please do not take offense this does not apply to this case ( I hope) I was a PI in Dallas for 22 years, I worked for and out of a criminal law firm that took pretty much any case that walked in the door, I did the civil work while they delt with the crooks at the courthouse every day. As for my PI work almost every single case was about 2 things, money or sex and the murder cases I worked on for them did fit that bill most of the time, just saying...my hubby says im jaded, maybe so..

Based on the map, those look like major roads. If the surveillance camera recorded her car at 7:02AM on 236 St. and 56 Ave., wouldn't that same camera record her later in the morning on 236 St. as well?

she could have easily avoided the camera by going right and east on one of those residential roads, then south.

she could have easily avoided the camera by going right and east on one of those residential roads, then south.

As for public traffic cams, I only saw 2 and gosh I hope LE or someone took the time to knock on every single door and ask if the homeowners have cams. We live in the mountains and heard awful rumors about tweakers and stuff so I made my hubby install 8 cams at our house, we can use our phone and watch the house inside and out, the video goes to a cloud in case the house gets robbed and the steal the equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston