Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Car doesn't lock automatically, and she wasn't one to lock her door after she got in.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ace-8-February-2016-5&p=12421829#post12421829

She walked out the front door. Preceded around the house. Car was not in sight of camera. Shortly after she is off camera, lights reflect off side of house as if she starts car and turns on lights to head to the park and ride. Minutes later the car is seen on camera at the intersection of 56th, and 236th.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ace-8-February-2016-4&p=12407509#post12407509

There is 24 hr surveillance being recorded at my parents house. She was seen leaving... She wasn't a very organized person, she could of easily misplaced her badge herself and realized she didn't have it on her drive to the park and ride. She has forgot it more than once before.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ace-8-February-2016-3&p=12397527#post12397527
BBM Respectfully snipped for focus

Thank you this helpful compilation. The parts I've bolded, especially about going to her car in the morning, made me wonder if someone was already in the back seat. I assume she didn't lock her car in the driveway, although that hasn't been stated IIRC. It would be easy to make her text her friend, etc. This doesn't explain the animal blood, but nothing does. There could have been a van parked near where the car ended up and she could have been walked to the van at gun or knife point.
Just a hypothesis. Not really even an opinion.

BBM Respectfully snipped for focus

Thank you this helpful compilation. The parts I've bolded, especially about going to her car in the morning, made me wonder if someone was already in the back seat. I assume she didn't lock her car in the driveway, although that hasn't been stated IIRC. It would be easy to make her text her friend, etc. This doesn't explain the animal blood, but nothing does. There could have been a van parked near where the car ended up and she could have been walked to the van at gun or knife point.
Just a hypothesis. Not really even an opinion.

I wonder if this animal carrier in this photo of Cheryl's car that is against the back wall, if it was in her car and it is evidence?

(The animal carrier does look quite large, though… would it fit in her car?)

See photo from Crimestoppers. Clicking on the photo in link will make the car photo larger.

If the carrier was in the back seat, then it might be crowded for another person to be in that back seat.

If the carrier was in the front seat, maybe it is possible someone could have been in the back seat of her car.

http://www.crimestoppers.com/death-cheryl-deboer-csops-220/

IMOO.

I suggest we let LE and related administration focus their efforts where most important, i.e. not responding to requests like this or dealing with the numerous calls and complaints about their work on this case. Respectfully, and IMO.

If similar requests have been submitted by media (even though they haven't published the full detail) you'll get a copy of what has already been provided to the media and they won't even talk to the people on the case. Most jurisdictions have a full time staff that respond to requests. Many of the documents are already in case systems, the detective handling usually just has to either approve/do nothing or say which documents are exempt and why.

Like I said, as long as the request isn't overly broad (we had one wag ask for a copy of every public disclosure request....) it really won't impact the effort involve, and largely would overlap with what the media has already requested.

And to those that think a "killer is on the loose", then the argument would be the public has a right to know what is in the documents (warrants).

This case is confounding. I have read every post since Cheryl went missing, and cannot for the life of me make any sense of the situation. Suicide -- planned ahead so intricately -- is just not understandable. No signs beforehand to family and friends of profound sadness - bad enough to kill oneself. Why not drive somewhere out of the area, or commit the deed at home (call in sick) after hubby left? Why act like it's a usual workday? What would be the purpose to go to these lengths? I just can't buy it (with what we know of Cheryl). But then there are no signs of homicide; such as how did it happen so quickly? Robbery wasn't the motive, nor sexual assault. Plastic bag? Animal blood on the floorboards? Whew! This puzzle has many missing pieces.

I wish I could add more to the discussion pointing toward something, anything. Just not happening.

I'm trying to access Steelman's map again, there's a link to it post #3 on the thread, but I can't access the map.
Does the link work for everyone else?

I'm not suggesting this is unprecedented, only that it takes time to review and process each request/tip/complaint and I'd prefer that the resources are applied where most important. JMO.

Actually, I would think it would take almost no time and be handled by clerks. I bet documents are marked as to whether they can or cannot be released as a normal course of business and so when a request comes in, it's not necessary for police detectives to pour over it. They would get these requests on a continuous basis on all newsworthy investigations. Given this, I would prefer that the public is as informed as possible about police investigations.

I'm trying to access Steelman's map again, there's a link to it post #3 on the thread, but I can't access the map.
Does the link work for everyone else?
No it's not working now. I guarantee it worked when I put it there.

When she was seen on camera leaving her front door, was everything she was leaving with, completely visible or not visible? On prior days leaving for work, would we be able to see her visibally leaving with her badge, that wasn't forgotten? Was anyone over at her house on Sunday? I've only heard that everything was normal, but its normal to have people over. Was anyone there that weekend?

Here are some maps. The only address that I have not accurately pinpointed is the family home.

Lyon_Creek.jpgtiming_.jpgtimeline_.jpgfamiliar__route__home.jpg big_picture_route.jpg

I don't know either. dog or cat blood suggests an injured animal was in the car. Sheep, goat or cow blood could be obtained from a home butcher. Deer or elk blood suggests it came from a hunter and we know the Deboers both hunted. And then there is squirrel, raccoon etc. Animals used in medical research are mostly rats and mice, who don't have a large blood volume so I doubt it came from the Hutch.

Her whole morning routine was off and the blood is part of it, unless someone can say it was there from the day before. But then she would clean it up. Even though the car was old, she wouldn't leave a mess like that. Blood is sticky and it's great for trapping fibers and other trace evidence, so I wonder if there is more evidence there than is being revealed.
By reading Stryker's posts Im thinking that Cheryl's family has no idea where the blood came from either IMO.....Absolutely baffling. Will be interesting to know what animal the blood came from, if LE even releases the info.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I wonder if this animal carrier in this photo of Cheryl's car that is against the back wall, if it was in her car and it is evidence?

(The animal carrier does look quite large, though… would it fit in her car?)

See photo from Crimestoppers. Clicking on the photo in link will make the car photo larger.

If the carrier was in the back seat, then it might be crowded for another person to be in that back seat.

If the carrier was in the front seat, maybe it is possible someone could have been in the back seat of her car.

http://www.crimestoppers.com/death-cheryl-deboer-csops-220/

IMOO.

I'm not at all saying that this is a probability, but just a possibility, someone also could have surprised her before she ever got into the car. (This has a major hole in it as it would mean that that person was privy to her badge being at home.)

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...y-no-evidence-cheryl-deboer-death-a-homicide/
DeBoer, an employee at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, was found dead from drowning and asphyxia. She was found with a fast-food plastic bag loosely over her head in the culvert about 1.5 miles from the Mountlake Terrace Park & Ride lot, according to police and medical investigators.
Wilson said the Washington State Patrol crime lab is doing a forensic analysis of the bag, which is from a restaurant he said DeBoer frequented.
(BBM)

Take out bag was not from her favorite restaurant/fast food. I am sure it was on rare occasion that she would frequent this place.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ace-8-February-2016-6&p=12433582#post12433582
(BBM)

Respectfully snipped by me.

I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before :facepalm:: I wonder what led Chief Wilson to conclude that the bag had come "from a restaurant he said DeBoer frequented," when stryker, an immediate family member, says, "I am sure it was on rare occasion that she would frequent this place."

Specifically, I wonder if Chief Wilson's belief is based on information obtained through interviewing someone Cheryl -but not necessarily the rest of her family- was close to, in whom Cheryl had also been confiding. Further, if such "source" exists, I wonder LE has also obtained information from this person that supports the suicide theory (though I'm sure the ME would need additional corroborating evidence before the final determination is made).

I totally understand what you are saying. But don't feel ashamed to say suicide. Even Stryker said he is conflicted about theories and can't rule out suicide. And the investigators seem to be leaning to suicide.

I am personally not hoping that one scenario prevails over another. Just hoping for a clear truth and peace for her family.

With the strange additions to the info pool of the animal blood and razor blade, it's a bit perplexing as to what happened and by whom (Cheryl or her murderer), except that it seems planned.

Respectfully BBM. Couldn't agree more.

(BBM)

(BBM)

Respectfully snipped by me.

I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before :facepalm:: I wonder what led Chief Wilson to conclude that the bag had come "from a restaurant he said DeBoer frequented," when stryker, an immediate family member, says, "I am sure it was on rare occasion that she would frequent this place."

Specifically, I wonder if Chief Wilson's belief is based on information obtained through interviewing someone Cheryl -but not necessarily the rest of her family- was close to, in whom Cheryl had also been confiding. Further, if such "source" exists, I wonder LE has also obtained information from this person that supports the suicide theory (though I'm sure the ME would need additional corroborating evidence before the final determination is made).

With due respect to Stryker, he lives across the state. He may not know his mom's recent preferences for takeout. I imagine he checked with his dad before drawing his conclusion, though.

I'm not at all saying that this is a probability, but just a possibility, someone also could have surprised her before she ever got into the car. (This has a major hole in it as it would mean that that person was privy to her badge being at home.)
If they knew her maybe they knew she would be wearing the badge.

There was a question about weather and rain on the day she went missing. Also, discussions about how she would walk from car to culvert in the rain. Here's a link from AccuWeather of the temperature and precipitation for the month of Feb. Keep in mind, I think this area in mountlake is on a conversion zone.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/mo...uary-weather/341321?monyr=2/1/2016&view=table

IMOO

Respectfully BBM.

Yup!

"Without PSCZ (Puget Sound Convergence Zone), cities such as Edmonds, Mountlake Terrace, and Lynnwood in Snohomish County and Shoreline, Lake Forest Park, and Bothell in King County would be noticeably drier than Seattle." (BBM)

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puget_Sound_Convergence_Zone

With due respect to Stryker, he lives across the state. He may not know his mom's recent preferences for takeout. I imagine he checked with his dad before drawing his conclusion, though.
Could be a lunch spot that she only went to with coworkers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member