Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious what Stryker meant exactly when he said that "Certain items of hers missing." Was it more than just phone, wallet, and keys?

I want to chime in regarding the fast food bag. I worked in the same building as my husband for several years and he still has no clue that I often went to certain restaurants for lunch in downtown Seattle. None of the 3 of my sons, ranging in age from 13 to 27, could tell you a single place I ever ate lunch at work, other than the company restaurant...maybe.

I've been curious if Cheryl was very clearly, without doubt, seen as the person leaving her house the morning she disappeared. (Knowing that it was dark outside and that most home-security cameras don't switch to night-mode.)

I've scoured the image of Cheryl's car from the only angle available and can find zero trace of blood on the exterior passenger side or front of her car. If the blood on the exterior of her car is on the driver's side, then that's the only evidence we would have heard of regarding the driver's side of the car. Everything else takes place on the passenger side & center console. What can we conclude from that piece of information? The passenger side is also the curb side of the car as it was parked.

Has anyone on here ever accidentally powered-down their phone? I have a few times: I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, which has a button on the right that serves many functions; it wakens my phone, but sometimes I accidentally press it too long and it goes to the "Did you want to power off?" screen. If I were to hold that in a few seconds longer it would power down. The times I've accidentally powered down was when I wasn't paying attention to how long I was holding in that button. Could Cheryl have accidentally done that - and if so, what would cause her to be holding her phone in an unusual manner like that? (All of the IT workers I know, including myself, have phones that match their company's most-used operating system. So if Fred Hutch uses Macs then I'm going to take an educated guess and say Cheryl had an iPhone, and if they used Windows, Linux, or Unix, etc., that she'd use an Android phone. I cannot imagine an IT worker owning a Windows phone, but it could happen. I mention this because of where the power button might be located and it's alternate functions.)

I'm just sitting here trying to put myself in Cheryl's position that morning. She sends the text then closes out of text messaging preparing to put the phone away, but becomes distracted by ????? and doesn't release the multi-function button. Could she have been distracted by an injured animal?

We talk a LOT about this animal blood. We ARE going to find out what kind of animal blood it was. Does that matter? What could we learn, or presume, from finding out what type of animal blood it was?

Squirrel? Rabbit? Turtle? Cat? What does that matter? I mean, if it was from a snake we could presume that Cheryl didn't run it over and feel bad for it, scoop it up, and put it in the car to save it, right? (Eric would know, I guess.) I just cannot come up with a reason for caring what type of animal blood it was.

The ONLY thing I can come up with, based on the above, is that Cheryl became distracted when noticing an injured animal, accidentally powered down her phone, got out of her car to get the animal, put it on the passenger side floor of her car, and then her and the animal disappeared. What could have possibly happened between putting that animal in the car and a short while later (presumably according to Stryker) winding up with a plastic bag on her head near or in the water by a culvert 1.5 miles away?

We know her keys are still missing, but if she hurriedly got out of the car to help an animal she wouldn't have shut the car off and removed the keys, logically speaking, right? So who turned off her car and took her keys?

Perhaps...someone used this opportunity to "help" her with the animal? Maybe she even called out to them asking them for help? Perhaps they said "Hey, I have a plastic bag - put it in this and get in my car...we'll take it to the Emergency Vet!" So she reaches across the console to shut off the car and grab her keys and wallet and goes with them. Razor blade, you ask? The most far fetched, crazy, insane thing I can come up with is that this animal needed something removed from it to assist it and someone provided Cheryl with a blade with which to cut said thing off - but the animal is flapping around so she cuts herself no matter which angle she holds it, so .... yeah, let's put it in a bag and take it somewhere to get it help. Cheryl hands them the bag of injured animal, so they can't take back the razor blade, so she just quickly sticks it in her pocket and goes with them. (I know how far fetched that is, but really, no more far fetched than her bringing a chunk of frozen Elk blood from her freezer, right?) :)

From there I've got nothing.

BBM
What about her Wedding ring?
Jewelry?

I think the take out food was probably purchased by her on the way home from work one night because she didn't want to cook.

I have an Idea on the animal blood but cant really say so I have to keep that to myself! Need more info!

From the few photos we've seen of CD, I haven't seen any jewellery on her. (Apart from a dress necklace when she was dressed up)
I'm not certain she wore a wedding ring but no pictures of her with a watch either.
Maybe she just didn't like jewellery?

We can't assume the bag was hers. If it was from a restaurant she got lunch from while she was at work, she definitely could have used it as a 'transport' bag for leftovers, etc. and it wound up in her car. But it also could have come from anywhere.

Are there any restaurants between the park-n-ride and her house?

We can't assume the bag was hers. If it was from a restaurant she got lunch from while she was at work, she definitely could have used it as a 'transport' bag for leftovers, etc. and it wound up in her car. But it also could have come from anywhere.

Could have been a bag she kept.
We have a ton of plastic bags from the stores we go to.

I wonder what her neighbors are like?
Does she have a close friend? (outside of work)
So many questions.

Maybe the bag was what she used that day to carry her things in.

Yes, there are a few in that area. Chez Grandpere, Diamond Knot, Amorn, Romio's, Snohomish Pie, and a little Chinese place whose name I can't recall. I think only Diamond Knot (brew pub that serves breakfast) and Chez Grandpere (coffee shop) would have been open.

There are a couple of espresso stands, too.

Whisper mom, I haven't finished reading your post, but great point about the phone! I have a G6. Same side button, and if I'm carrying too many items, including my phone, or if I'm preoccupied, I'll squeeze too hard for too long and shut it off.

BBM
What about her Wedding ring?
Jewelry?

I think the take out food was probably purchased by her on the way home from work one night because she didn't want to cook.

I have an Idea on the animal blood but cant really say so I have to keep that to myself! Need more info!
Her and Mike didn't wear wedding rings.

I agree. The bag could be from anywhere!

I think the bag would be easy for the cops to trace back to her.

A problem I have with this scenario is that there have been no mentioning of animal hairs mixed with the blood. Animals shed, and an injured and/or stressed animal sheds a lot, and it begins very quickly. I had a cat who hated going to the vet, and just two steps inside the doors I was covered in fur because she was so stressed. Unless there are information about having found animal hairs with the blood, I doubt there was an animal in her car.

IMO the animal blood is going to prove to be a red herring. I bet it is "juice" from the cat food blend that has been described by the breeder. I KNOW it is not "blood" but I just bet that it looked like blood and for simplicity sake it was described as such. The fact that it is a mixture of 5 or 6 different animals (as described by the breeder) make it tough to analyze.

Yep, disguised as fancy cat food juice.. IMO

Why would they say they found animal blood tho?
Big difference in blood and juice and Id bet my last dollar they know what kind of animal it was!

Big difference in blood and juice and Id bet my last dollar they know what kind of animal it was!

Eileen, just to say I'm glad to see you posting again.

Why do you think they know what kind of animal it was but haven't released that information? What would their reason be?
I have a feeling you have a theory related to the blood, appreciate if you can't say too much :)

IMO the animal blood is going to prove to be a red herring. I bet it is "juice" from the cat food blend that has been described by the breeder. I KNOW it is not "blood" but I just bet that it looked like blood and for simplicity sake it was described as such. The fact that it is a mixture of 5 or 6 different animals (as described by the breeder) make it tough to analyze.

I totally agree.

Eileen, just to say I'm glad to see you posting again.

Why do you think they know what kind of animal it was but haven't released that information? What would their reason be?
I have a feeling you have a theory related to the blood, appreciate if you can't say too much :)

I think they are holding back because of the families.
LE will tell them..not us.
Don't u all think they knew what animal it was at the first blood test?
Believe me they know they have had her car since day one.
All JMO

thanks for the welcome back had to work Easter weekend busy busy busy here.

Has LE seen this cat she adopted that weekend?
I would think they had too don't u think if they were in the home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024