WA WA - D.B. Cooper hijacking mystery, 24 Nov 1971 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I called the station today and talked to the gal in News. I said I had heard about this and wanted to make sure it would be on the 11pm broadcast as I wouldn't miss it for the world!

She laughed and said something like, yea, it is great. They might have found the right guy. I said something like oh, that is so, . . . and she said if you miss that one, the spot will be shown again on the early morning show from 5am to 7am.

Then I got here and couldn't log in. I got a notice someone had tried to get into my private message account 5 times, so had to send for a new password, which didn't work FOREVER! Well, I'm here now and will keep it right here untill 11pm. I'll just leave it running while I watch CSI Miama.

I thought I might have to call a poster in San Diego to write a message here I couldn't get into the furim. LOLOLOLOLOLOL Night of Nights :D

Oh wow - 5-7 in the morning? Uh, no thanks - I'll stay up tonite to watch it!

Scandi

Scary that someone tried to get into your p.m's. I guess we should delete them as soon as we read them to avoid this. I thought this site was more secure. Why doesn't Websleuths know who tried to get into your account. Everyone leaves a ISN when entering a site.

AS for the case, during the 6pm newscast, they teased the story.

Scandi, did you catch it and notice that a picture of our suspect that we gave koin of him from 1973 was included in the promo? IT was only on for a second or two. I always tape live tv, and went back and watched it.

I'll let you update everyone as to the show, since you started the thread and are unbiased in your account.

1 1/2 hours left.

left

Scandi

Scary that someone tried to get into your p.m's. I guess we should delete them as soon as we read them to avoid this. I thought this site was more secure. Why doesn't Websleuths know who tried to get into your account. Everyone leaves a ISN when entering a site.

AS for the case, during the 6pm newscast, they teased the story.

Scandi, did you catch it and notice that a picture of our suspect that we gave koin of him from 1973 was included in the promo? IT was only on for a second or two. I always tape live tv, and went back and watched it.

I'll let you update everyone as to the show, since you started the thread and are unbiased in your account.

1 1/2 hours left.

left

I know it's kinda late, but I was wondering if there is anyway you can notify the newspapers, CBS news (national level), etc., in hopes that the story can get some national attention?

I know it's kinda late, but I was wondering if there is anyway you can notify the newspapers, CBS news (national level), etc., in hopes that the story can get some national attention?

I have been sending out information to everyone. That is how KOIN found out about our case back in November. However, it is by word of mouth that such stories spread. So, if anyone wants to contact their local CBS affiliate and ask them to run the story, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have contacted a bunch of outlets, but can only do so much. Anyone with any pull at the networks would be appreciated, and I think the country might enjoy a story with a happy ending.

It would be nice if CBS news picked up the story, but, who knows which stories are picked up nationally. I'm trying.

left

Yes, in an email it showed me the ISN#, and tomorrow I'll write to Trish, our owner. She is a well known DJ in Las Vegas - quite the gal!

The picture of him on KOIN's site, which one is that? It almost looks like a photo to me. More of an intense look that comes from a drawing. Then we saw him talking in an adamant manner about someone planning it to a T aned then walking away from the camera at the end. Did I miss a shot of him? He has a very unusual mouth I think, when he is speaking to make a point. I'm trying to put my finger on it - if I saw a still it would help, but it is almost like the mouth in Edward Munch's Scream! Of course that shot is very dark.

I so want to write to Kimberly Gulfuile on FOX, but won't do anything like that until you and your friend say it is OK Left. I'm worried that the local channel, dear as they are, are pretty low key, and what might be needed here is a splash across the states from CBS affiliates. It qualifies as it's 36 year unsolved status is unprecedented, human interest for 2 reasons, he became a folklore hero in the NW plus two local men have used their days off for 7yrs to uint him down and investigate every possible lead to come up with this one individual. Oh, there is too much to say right now. My heart is beating too hard.

I went to the hospital today for an abcessed tooth, I thought. My
God, I was there for 7 hours, as she didn't think it was a tooth but some other problem. What with blood work ups and a cat-scan and the unbelievable waiting. My BP was 165 over 98, and she said to me, Sweetie, is that exceptionally high for you? I said, Oh, it has to be that way, because day of all days, after 36 years as a cold case, channel 6 is going to present the outing of D.B.Cooper tonight on the late news.

It was so perfect, as she forgot what she was doing with me and sat down by my side and wanted to talk everything through about the hijacking. She remembered it well.

Long story short, all those fancy tests cam back to nothing showing, so it is the tooth after all, or venum from a tiny bite I got on my cheek a week agp while driving in my car. So that was perdneer purfect, and as I walked out of the ER doors, she ran up to me and asked me to please keep her posted on what the 3 day presentation comes up with, as she handed me a piece of paper with her number on it. I just laughed and gave her a big hug. Of Course I will. I will also give her our site, as she was going to call several of her family members on her break this evening to tell them the hot news!

Exciting Times here in the Rose City!

I have been sending out information to everyone. That is how KOIN found out about our case back in November. However, it is by word of mouth that such stories spread. So, if anyone wants to contact their local CBS affiliate and ask them to run the story, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have contacted a bunch of outlets, but can only do so much. Anyone with any pull at the networks would be appreciated, and I think the country might enjoy a story with a happy ending.

It would be nice if CBS news picked up the story, but, who knows which stories are picked up nationally. I'm trying.

left

Left, tomorrow I will put my brain on this and make some calls. Yes, I know there are things we can do, and the last thing we want is for this 3-spot to air and then nothing. We need it kept alive so the FBI gets their arses in gear and do something about it, right?" My sister here in Portland knows everyone thru Rotary. I'll pick her brain too.

Scandi

You have permission to do whatever you want related to this case. YOu don't need our permission. It is our story, and KOIN is just promoting it for ratings. I'm sure KOIn would appreciate if this story goes big, and they are responsible for breaking it.

glad to hear you are ok. I think we should hire you as our press agent.

left

the picture on the website if from a sketch of Cooper drawn by a sketch artist. OUr suspect's picture from 1973 was only shown in the one tease. Then, he is shown commenting on how Cooper (he) planned the crime to the "t". Then, he is shown from behind, walking underneath the cessna 180.

We tried calling Cooper yesterday, but only reached his voicemail. I wonder what is going through his mind right now. I'll bet he isn't "chuckling" anymore!!!!!!!!

I'm the good looking one. LOL. I'm the old fart on the right. the interview is from last NOvember, I actually look younger today, believe it or not.

It is a cessna 180.

left

I'll call my friend at the newsroom tomorrow and have a nice little chat with her. I think the main guy at the station will have some pull, and if a story goes national that originates from their station, it is great news for them. Puts them in the anuls, righ up there with the big boys.

I will also start a thread first thing am asking for promo assistance. We do have a lot of biggies that read here, a famous retired attny of OJ fame, 2 gals with their own TV talk-type crime shows. and hey, our owner Trish, she knows all the ropes being in broadcasting and working in Las Vegas.

Whatever is done it will have to be quick to capture the mood. I'm hoping KOIN will pass me a piece of written copy to send to other affiliates to entice them. Well, by Thurs we will have all 3 spots on one video. That is what we need to send out to Giraldo, Nancy Grace, Kimberly Guilfoil, Greta ;{ LOL, well whoever we think can carry the ball and make a splash!
Scandi

In that thread in the morning I'll put out a plea for thoughts as to what would be the most effective way to go. I'm thinking Geraldo, phone call plus email, then emailing the complete spot on, well as soon as KOIN's producer says it is OK, maybe Thurs morn.

The Oregonian should run a spread, Oh no, the little paper in Portland that is so with it, begins with an S, Northwest News up in Seattle, Seattle PI, hey and then what about William Brand the Oakland Tribune, One of the best writers I've ever read. He'll keep your eyes on the page, and when the writing stops your're gonna whimper like a dog cause there aint no mo! LOLOLOLO

And, interviews, If Geraldo bites, which I think he will, he'll want to do an interview, hey, Greta might fly to Portland, you know station herself by the BG whateverthatthingiscalled!

OK, enough Jibber Jabber from me, so will see you after the spot!~

WOW, I have heard two spots on CB Cooper in the last 10 min or so.

Scandi

WOW. They totally outed him - no doubt about it, no other suspects, NADA!

The story focused totally on old Mr Mayfield! That suprised me - can't wait till tomorrow.

Oh and Leftie, you are quite photogenic for the camera - nice job, guys!!

So.... do tell it's after 11PM here on the "leftcoast"!:D

WOW. They totally outed him - no doubt about it, no other suspects, NADA!

The story focused totally on old Mr Mayfield! That suprised me - can't wait till tomorrow.

Are you saying D.B's real identity is named Mayfield??? Please divulge more for those of us who are not in Oregon...:confused:

WOW, beautifully put together to where at the end of the clip the newscasters are biting on the bullet - don't want to wait till tomorrow to hear the rest.

Right off the bat a lead in line was something like '2 local investigators are 99% certain that the DB Cooper crime is solved.

Again, another topper in saying Hoovers FBI agents couldn't solve it, and it has taken two amateur investigators . . . . That was a great line.

And when the FBI agent H-back {?} stated, "He would have been a very logical suspect . .", but because the guy called in 1 1/2 hrs later, they didn't think he could have done that time wise and been the hijacker! LOLOLOLOL

They started to give some background on his life of crime, told how he lived right across from the airport so could have walked there - he didn't leave a car, so they couldn't figure out how he got there.

And He had shades on with a BB hat, and even though he's gained some weight, he certainly looks like what an age progression artist would come up with.

The station is zoning right in, no pussy footing around, which when you think about it is really something. Of course that comment by H-back was phenominal to admit, that he would have been a very logical suspect way back then.

What a winner this is turning out to be. What'd I miss guys - Oh, again his name was what - is this guys first name DAN?

Is there any worry that Mayfield will split, or at least completely freak out after that segment?

I mean, the way they reported it, there was no other suspect. And that people in the know are "99% sure" that Mayfield IS Cooper.

Interesting, also, about the deaths associated with his skydiving school venture in Sheridan.

Sorry, I'm too scattered and tired to do a full recap of the segment, but I'm sure LeftCoast will update everyone. Scandi, did you make it up this late?? :blowkiss: I'm headed to bed - 'night all!

Is there any worry that Mayfield will split, or at least completely freak out after that segment?

I mean, the way they reported it, there was no other suspect. And that people in the know are "99% sure" that Mayfield IS Cooper.

Interesting, also, about the deaths associated with his skydiving school venture in Sheridan.

Sorry, I'm too scattered and tired to do a full recap of the segment, but I'm sure LeftCoast will update everyone. Scandi, did you make it up this late?? :blowkiss: I'm headed to bed - 'night all!

Anne, don't leave yet, what is Mayfield's first name??? I've been frantically trying to Google some information and getting nowhere. The only Mayfield coming up is a lawyer named Brandon Mayfield(and he's 37!).

I recorded it! Ted Mayfield!

Tomorrow is going to be about "does he fit the physical description" and the alibi phone call.

Ted, yes Ted, Short 3 letter name like Dan. LOLOL

They sure didn't pussyfoot around at all. I am so surprised once he learned they were making the short show about DB Cooper that this Ted didn't hire a lawyer to squash it! Aren't you? WOW, that was a very powerfully put together segment, I would love to know who actually wrote the script. Verrrrrrrrrry Goooooood!

I have to hit the hay as my jaw is going through its paces, but will be up early in the morning - I might call the station to see who is in the know to talk to about helping this story catch fire and sweep quickley across the land!. I've been in sales for years so at least know how to approach someone to catch a glimpse of the big idea. Ultimate goal is of course to fire up the ole FBI!

Nite all, I'll be up early in the morn, so look for a new thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme