WA WA - Deanne Hastings, 35, Spokane, 4 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Still hoping her family gets some answers, closer, and justice.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What appears to be a skull was discovered today in Spokane County today by a hunter. We have quite a few missing people in the area. I hope the families of the missing get the answers to what happened to their loved ones. Could be totally unrelated to any of them.

"Spokane County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Detectives are investigating the discovery of human remains found in a remote wooded area in West Spokane County...

...It appears the remains have been there for some time, but exactly how long, or if any criminal activity is involved, is not yet known."

http://www.khq.com/story/35358281/detectives-in-spokane-investigate-remains-found-by-hunter

Just checking for updates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

An update on the skull found:
It was observed by the Spokane County Medical Examiner that the skull discoloration was consistent with recent flesh decomposition. A piece of bone missing from the base area of the skull was also found and was consistent with having been broken rather than removed by an animal. A piece of decomposing human flesh was also found within one foot of the skull. During a search warrant SCSO detectives also located clothing and even more human remains.

http://www.khq.com/story/35558155/human-remains-found-in-forested-area-of-medical-lake

I know very little about decomposition. Would this be too new to be someone who disappeared a year-and-a-half ago? We did have an extremely cold winter this year and in 2015-2016 we had some intense below average temps but not that much snow.

Hopefully there will be a fairly quick ID.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

:bump:

Airing this Sunday:

“The Long Way Home” airs Sunday, June 25 at 8/7c

Story of DEANNE HASTINGS: Missing since 2015 from Spokane, Wash.

Thirty-five-year-old Spokane mother of three, Deanne Hastings never returns home after a late night trip to the grocery store. Though she has a history of mental illness and has gone off the grid for days at a time in the past, her family says she’s always let them know she was leaving. When her fiancé tracks down her abandoned car and finds her purse and phone locked inside, he knows something is very wrong. And as Spokane detectives uncover more information about Deanne’s actions leading up to her disappearance, a slew of theories emerge.

https://corporate.discovery.com/dis...ason-premiering-with-milestone-100th-episode/

Deanne is on the ID channel "Disappeared" right now.

I need to brush up on the details of Deanne's missing case, but if the television show is accurate, and it's true she had had manic episodes previously (and was diagnosed manic depressive), I would lean towards psychotic break in this case based on her bizarre behavior around the time of her disappearance.

ETA: Getting further into the episode, it also seems likely she came across someone who did her harm after her erratic behavior.

Watching the episode tonight, I believe her mental issues got the best of her and that she wandered off into the snow as those men she met stated. Maybe one day she will be finally located. I can't see any real reason to point a finger at anyone in this show, anyway. If she was talking about water being poisoned, those types of paranoia issues are often classic signs of schizophrenia. Jmo

This is a sad story, obviously this woman was in mental distress. I think one of the men she came into contact with took advantage of her situation, hurt her and then started using her credit cards. I don’t believe for a second someone just happened to “find” her coat with her wallet in it on the side of the road. I think law enforcement also suspects one of the men but they don’t have enough evidence to do anything about it.

Newest episode of Disappeared features her story (6/25/17). I'm about to watch every detail at least once. I've moved away from Spokane now, but this case will always haunt me. I hope the guys at ID do her story justice and get these details out there. I feel strongly that we have a good idea who knows where Deanne is. If you haven't listened to the Podcast and are following this case, please do. iTunes has it. You need to know about the guy who contacted - or attempted to contact her family because he had something he needed to tell them. This is the guy who made some accusations against his friend and the whole situation is just screaming for more attention, from the truck to the storage unit.

Just saw Deanne's "Disappeared" episode and came here to see if there have been any updates.

Watching the episode tonight, I believe her mental issues got the best of her and that she wandered off into the snow as those men she met stated. Maybe one day she will be finally located. I can't see any real reason to point a finger at anyone in this show, anyway. If she was talking about water being poisoned, those types of paranoia issues are often classic signs of schizophrenia. Jmo

I agree. And as we age, mental illness usually gets worse in severity. A doctor once told me that those with bipolar or schizoaffective disorders must stay on medicine for a solid year to even know if it works for them. That hardly ever happens. Most go on and off as they cycle through mood swings.

I would love nothing more than to see Deanne found alive & well. This has been FAR TOO LONG!!!! Such a beautiful woman with a lot of life left to live.
Deanne’s case is what brought me to WS. I had never heard of WS prior to this case. I spent many hours & days searching online trying to dig up/uncover ANY thing that could be helpful in finding her. That’s when I found WS. What a bittersweet find it was. Sad for the circumstance that brought me here but grateful for the opportunity to participate in & follow so many cases since this one.

Praying for Deanne & her loved ones.

The items she bought at the grocery shop keeps popping into my head. Has anyone looked into her going to a birthday party? A little scenario here ALL MY OPINION she has arranged to go to a party and its one of them, bring your own beer parties. She goes to the shop and gets vodka and 4 cans of energy to mix it with. Who's ever party is it has forgot to buy birthday candles for the cake and asks her to pick some up. I have actually done this to go to a house party. Maybe the 3 people with the cards went to the party too, and so does the guy who she spends the night with. I'm sure if this did happen the boyfriend wouldn't be too happy if he wasn't invited and he may have already been trying to track her car to find out where she was. This is all just a made up theory. I really think something has happened to her though.

The items she bought at the grocery shop keeps popping into my head. Has anyone looked into her going to a birthday party? A little scenario here ALL MY OPINION she has arranged to go to a party and its one of them, bring your own beer parties. She goes to the shop and gets vodka and 4 cans of energy to mix it with. Who's ever party is it has forgot to buy birthday candles for the cake and asks her to pick some up. I have actually done this to go to a house party. Maybe the 3 people with the cards went to the party too, and so does the guy who she spends the night with. I'm sure if this did happen the boyfriend wouldn't be too happy if he wasn't invited and he may have already been trying to track her car to find out where she was. This is all just a made up theory. I really think something has happened to her though.

The items purchased at the store are certainly a very odd ‘combination’ of items. Especially for Deanne at that particular time/situation. If all was well & good & it was a normal everyday stop to run quickly & grab a few things on the way to a party/get together, I could absolutely understand the items purchased & wouldn’t think twice. In fact, I’m positive I’ve made a few purchases almost identical to this through the years.

I can’t stop recalling the video interview with the man who was charged with using her CC. I can’t recall his name. There was a link in this thread to the video interview at one time. I watched, rewatched & watched again that video. It’s my opinion that this man is the person who is responsible for Deanna going (& sadly staying) missing. It was very obvious in his body language during he interview that he wasn’t being truthful. Unfortunately, I don’t think the video is linked to the article any longer as I’ve checked numerous times since. I think the archive only stores text articles indefinitely but videos might expire, unsure.

Sad situation nonetheless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back